A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't wanna hear my theory on Griff (fake aegon)
Drop it.

This is the first time im optimistic the book will be done at all. He’s said Tyrions chapters are done and others are as well or very close. He’s on the home stretch with only 25% left so im thinking a 2024/25 release given his snail like writing pace.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Drop it.

This is the first time im optimistic the book will be done at all. He’s said Tyrions chapters are done and others are as well or very close. He’s on the home stretch with only 25% left so im thinking a 2024/25 release given his snail like writing pace.
Oh you sweet summer child!

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That blog post made me so mad, MOTHEFUKKER NO ONE CARES ABOUT WILDCARDS!!!!
I can't even get mad. I was mad during the ADWD wait, especially when he was traveling across the country doing conventions while complaining about not having the time to solve the narrative problems he was facing. Now it's just like observing a slow car crash. Started out with 250 pages over a decade ago, and still isn't done lmao.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the show is that great. I like seeing the locations from the books portrayed visually (my imaginations versions of Qarth and The Fist of the First Men were lame as fukk compared to what we saw in the show. Then again, I imagined the tourney in A Game Of Thrones as an epic spectacle, in the show it was village fair status :flabbynsick:) but they're skipping over so much detail that the TV show seems like the cliffnotes to a great story rather than a great story on its own.

The women they're casting aren't as good looking as the characters are described in the books either, other than Dany. Catelyn is supposed to be milf status, ffs. If they don't cast a 9/10 or better broad to play Arianne Martel it'll be a travesty. fukk a "good actress" and all that shyte. Arianne better be hot as fukk.
What you think of the House of Dragons tourney? :ohlawd:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Drop it.

Breh JOB would commend your faith.