A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Not sure, but I just found out that in the last year he has written 5 secret novels and is releasing them through kickstarter. I’m not sure if I saw it right, but this mutha fukker apparently set the kickstarter amount for 10 million, and he has raised like 28 million dollars. That’s outrageous money for an author, I think, but if anybody deserves it, it’s the author that actually spends all his free time writing massive novels, and I think all of them are cosmere, with one being completely Hoid focused, if that’s the case, he can take my money

I ain't mad at all about that, dude putting in work. :wow:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Its fukking simple. White walkers win. Tyrion and Snow sail off in a boat wounded while the Night King stares them down.

Snow and tyrion hit some new land and run into a fukkery filled place with a new race of spieces.

This leaves an opening if his fat ass wants to continue writting but also is a fulfilled ending.
:dahell:

Oh you walkerset..
:russ:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still standing by my theory that he finished the books a long time ago and he's waiting to release them after his death. He probably can't stand the thought of whatever criticism will come his way. It would probably hurt badly if people didn't like it

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game of Thrones is too big of an entity now. No matter what ending George releases it will be divisive in the fandom. Just like Star Wars is divisive with fans.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe, but that's what editors are for. Personally I think he's trying to re-work the ending after D&D f*cked it up and he hasn't been able to crack it yet.
Nikkas confuse this all the time. D&D fukked up the SHOW, but the ending of the series was the plan all along

Dany was always supposed to go mad, Bran was always supposed to become king

If Grrm hadn't become a star, Winds and maybe Dream would be out by now

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sanderson did a vid last week where he broke down how much time is spent travelling just going to conventions and book signings and all that...and how COVID shutdowns essentially gave him the time he needed to write five books in about a year/18 months(!) because he wasn't making appearances as much. Not that Martin should have the exact same output, but still...I've been saying this for years. The man is living the neckbeard dream, and he's not about to switch that up for anything.
I swear I can't fathom Sanderson's output:picard::wow:

How:wow:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nikkas confuse this all the time. D&D fukked up the SHOW, but the ending of the series was the plan all along

Dany was always supposed to go mad, Bran was always supposed to become king

If Grrm hadn't become a star, Winds and maybe Dream would be out by now
Nah, I know that was the plan, but wouldn't be suprised if he had 2nd thoughts about how it plays out after seeing them botch it.