A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
:russ: 5 Planetos HBO projects coming, George been involved for MONTHS

it's obvious he's a TV writer first and foremost, the man went back to his first real love and left us book readers in the hedges

we are the Ser Arlan of Pennytree of this saga, important and necessary but ultimately forgotten :mjcry:
Is this sh1t confirmed, breh? Are we getting hbo spin-offs for sure?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
They're working on 5 pilots, but I'm guessing only one goes to series
I bet at least 2 go to series. George himself has a hand in 2 of them. Its too much money for HBO to only do 1

I aint really tryin to see world building stuff though unless George is somewhat involved. Its his story. He at least needs to provide most of the guts

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I bet at least 2 go to series. George himself has a hand in 2 of them. Its too much money for HBO to only do 1

I aint really tryin to see world building stuff though unless George is somewhat involved. Its his story. He at least needs to provide most of the guts
I agree with this. We need Robert's rebellion, and the blackfyre rebellion with ties to dunk and egg, first and foremost, if not those 2, then Aegons conquest. Really don't want anything to do with some world building that is not cannon. Just not interested in anything else.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I agree with this. We need Robert's rebellion, and the blackfyre rebellion with ties to dunk and egg, first and foremost, if not those 2, then Aegons conquest. Really don't want anything to do with some world building that is not cannon. Just not interested in anything else.
We're not doing Dunk & Egg :damn: . Eventually, sure, I'd love that, and so would many of you. But I've only written and published three novellas to date, and there are at least seven or eight or ten more I want to write :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjcry: . We all know how slow I am, and how fast a television show can move. I don't want to repeat what happened with GAME OF THRONES itself, where the show gets ahead of the books. When the day comes that I've finished telling all my tales of Dunk & Egg, then we'll do a tv show about them... but that day is still a long ways off :stopitslime: no shyt

We're not doing Robert's Rebellion either :umad: . I know thousands of you want that, I know there's a petition... but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert's Rebellion :snoop: thanks HBO. There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a show, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That's not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale

More than that, I will not say. Feel free to makes your guesses, if you like... but I am not going to be confirming or denying anything, so don't expect replies.

And yes, before someone asks, I AM STILL WORKING ON WINDS OF WINTER :francis: and will continue working on it until it's done. I will confess, I do wish I could clone myself, or find a way to squeeze more hours into the day, or a way to go without sleep. But this is what it is, so I keep on juggling. WINDS OF WINTER, five successor shows, FIRE AND BLOOD (that's the GRRMarillion, remember?), four new Wild Cards books, some things I can't tell you about yet... it's a good thing I love my work :stopitslime: that none of us will ever read.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He hasn't been technically working on the shows. The writers have met with him, and call and email him. He isn't personally writing any of them.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
g1361041739860123871.jpg

The shows are now cannon. We have been forsaken by the fat man.

I said this a few years ago.

There's literally no point in him finishing the books. At this point he'll simply be writing himself into a corner trying to outdo the tv show. He'll eat for the rest of his life off of the show and the various anthology spinoffs that can be introduced within the mythology. HBO could literally have a new series for the next 15-20 years based off of the lore. He's accomplished something that perhaps only 3 other fantasy writers have, created a world that is perhaps more dynamic and interesting than even the main story being told within it. I'm sure he's quite satisfied in that