A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs are y'all keeping up with the rumors of what is being shot on the set of Season 6?

:damn:The shyt that was hinted at on Emergency Awesome's latest video.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Lady Rohanne was on some "I bet everything about you is big :shaq:"

And Dunk the Lunk just kissed her and cut off her braid to keep it :why:

I always thought Dunk might've broken himself off a little bit of Lady Rohanne, even though it wasn't explicitly written out. He was way too happy about a little kiss and it's easy to make the braid = tail = booty connection :myman:

Knowing she was Twyin's grandma and Dunk is confirmed to have off-spring in the main story, they were like the reverse, 100-years-ago Jamie and Brienne (I know we don't know who Dunk off-sprung, but Brienne has always been my guess).

I love those Dunk stories. I'm more impatient for the next installment of that than I am for the main book and that's saying a lot since I'm following release news like a junkie looking for crack.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BREHS,

I was re-reading ACOK and noticed that in one of Jon Snow's chapter he is warging as Ghost and definitely seems to talk to Bran through a weirwood. If Bran in the future has mastered that weirwood ish the three eye crow has mastered and is able to communicate through weirwoods to the past he can be manipulating all kinds of things. Am I tripping here?

Here's the experpt Im talking about.

When he closed his eyes, he dreamed of direwolves. There were five of them when there should have been six, and they were scattered, each apart from the others. He felt a deep ache of emptiness, a sense of incompleteness. The forest was vast and cold, and they were so small, so lost. His brothers were out there somewhere, and his sister, but he had lost their scent. He sat on his haunches and lifted his head to the darkening sky, and his cry echoed through the forest, a long lonely mournful sound. As it died away, he pricked up his ears, listening for an answer, but the only sound was the sigh of blowing snow.
Jon?
The call came from behind him, softer than a whisper, but strong too. Can a shout be silent? He turned his head, searching for his brother, for a glimpse of a lean grey shape moving beneath the trees, but there was nothing, only... A weirwood. It seemed to sprout from solid rock, its pale roots twisting up from a myriad of fissures and hairline cracks. The tree was slender compared to other weirwoods he had seen, no more than a sapling, yet it was growing as he watched, its limbs thickening as they reached for the sky. Wary, he circled the smooth white trunk until he came to the face. Red eyes looked at him. Fierce eyes they were, yet glad to see him. The weirwood had his brother’s face. Had his brother always had three eyes?
Not always, came the silent shout. Not before the crow.
He sniffed at the bark, smelled wolf and tree and boy, but behind that there were other scents, the rich brown smell of warm earth and the hard grey smell of stone and something else, something terrible. Death, he knew. He was smelling death. He cringed back, his hair bristling, and bared his fangs.
Don’t be afraid, I like it in the dark. No one can see you, but you can see them. But first you have to open your eyes. See? Like this. And the tree reached down and touched him.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Any updates on TWoW brehs, I remember a while ago talks about trying to get it out by Christmas. That still the case?

That'd be dope over Christmas but I think early next year some time. Apparently Martin dropping hints and stuff and season 6 got pushed back so there's speculation it's to give time for the book to come out

‘Winds Of Winter’ Release Date: George R.R. Martin Drops Hint That Book’s Already In The Publishing House?

:whoo:

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
Something I found funny in A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, The Sworn Sword...

King Aegon (The Unworthy) decreed that his b*stards were not b*stards, but he could not change their nature. The High Septon said all b*stards are born to betrayal... Daemon Blackfyre, Bittersteel, even Bloodraven. Lord Rivers was more cunning than the other two, he said, but in the end he would prove himself a traitor too. The High Septon counseled my father never to put any trust in him, nor in any other b*stards, great or small...

Guess Egg was right in a way...

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs are y'all keeping up with the rumors of what is being shot on the set of Season 6?

:damn:The shyt that was hinted at on Emergency Awesome's latest video.

The hint is at the 5:16 mark:

someone we havnt seen in a few seasons, thats someone we care about......hmmm.....only one that comes to mind is Bran.....who you think breh?

Keep in mind I've finished Book 4 & but I still got the last 1/4 of Book 5 to go (the last chapter I read is Chapter 53: Jon XI)...
To me it got be Rickon or/and Osha

Dude mentioned in a past video that the actress that plays Osha has been spotted on set.

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
Show is trash I don't know how book readers are still any interest in it.