A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
As of last night I've read through Chapter 18: "The Iron Captain" from Book 4 & Chapter 18: "Tyrion V" from Book 5...

:mindblown: This revelation in this last Tyrion chapter!!!!!

:dahell:NO WAY can you cut that out of the show.

:lupe: Also, This storyline involving Quentyn Martell going to Mereen to ask for Dany's hand in marriage.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
As of last night I've read through Chapter 18: "The Iron Captain" from Book 4 & Chapter 18: "Tyrion V" from Book 5...

:lupe: Also, This storyline involving Quentyn Martell going to Mereen to ask for Dany's hand in marriage.
What's the revelation

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

What's the revelation

Young Griff is really Rhaegar Targaryen's trueborn son with Elia Martell that was supposed to be dead.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Young Griff is really Rhaegar Targaryen's trueborn son with Elia Martell that was supposed to be dead.
I want to reply to this but it would involve theories and would also spoil the stuff you havent read

Long story short, I think they can easily cut it out and have little effect in the main story. I think he initially seems like a game changer but really isnt

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I will get it eventually for posterity. Gonna be nice having them all together on Google play books too so i can delete all these pdf's

It's kinda funny. I think you upped all of the PDFs like a year back, and they've been sitting on my PC ever since. I couldn't bring myself to read the stories in a PDF, so I preordered the book like 6 months ago :heh:

I just started reading through it now, and I can tell that I'm going to love it.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
It's kinda funny. I think you upped all of the PDFs like a year back, and they've been sitting on my PC ever since. I couldn't bring myself to read the stories in a PDF, so I preordered the book like 6 months ago :heh:

I just started reading through it now, and I can tell that I'm going to love it.
its fantastic, highly entertaining. Dunk the lunk, thick as a castle wall. Its easy reading, and the stories are rewarding, dont leave you going through all the different emotions the ASOIF does

Pifferry

blegh
Daps

What did you think of the Ironborn/Greyjoy plot/Feast in general?
And the first Reek chapter?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Question about the Wall. If it's supposed to be magic and protect the 7 kingdom from the Others then how were the 2 brothers that attacked the Old Bear able to be resurrected since they were on the other side of the Wall?

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
its fantastic, highly entertaining. Dunk the lunk, thick as a castle wall. Its easy reading, and the stories are rewarding, dont leave you going through all the different emotions the ASOIF does
I need to read them so bad but I have to finish my re read first, I'm almost halfway through Dance.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Question about the Wall. If it's supposed to be magic and protect the 7 kingdom from the Others then how were the 2 brothers that attacked the Old Bear able to be resurrected since they were on the other side of the Wall?
i dont really get the question

are NW brothers exempt from being wighted?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
i dont really get the question

are NW brothers exempt from being wighted?
No what I mean is the same way the 3 eyed raven's cave entrance is protected, I thought the wall was protected by the same magic. So I thought that would prevent the dead from coming back to life if they were on the other side of the wall.

Last edited: