A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Battle Beast

Over 9000!
Daps
Reppin
Jersey City, New Jerz
No what I mean is the same way the 3 eyed raven's cave entrance is protected, I thought the wall was protected by the same magic. So I thought that would prevent the dead from coming back to life if they were on the other side of the wall.

No the magic only prevents them from crossing over. If somebody carries them over that's a different story.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
No what I mean is the same way the 3 eyed raven's cave entrance is protected, I thought the wall was protected by the same magic. So I thought that would prevent the dead from coming back to life if they were on the other side of the wall.
I would figure the Wall protects against the Others instead of the wights (dead humans resurrrcted).

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I want to reply to this but it would involve theories and would also spoil the stuff you havent read

Long story short, I think they can easily cut it out and have little effect in the main story. I think he initially seems like a game changer but really isnt
it pisses me off:angry:

Mr.Lip

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Italy
Yeah this would be my first time reading anything medieval/fantasy too.

thanks for the recommendation!

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:ohhh: I'm not aware of this theory. :feedme:

He's a Blackfyre pretender breh, he just doesn't know it

He is the son of Illyrio, whose wife is a female descendent of the Blackfyre branch of the Targaryen family tree. This whole shyt with him is a conspiracy to finally crown a Blackfyre on the Iron Throne. Its a tie-in to Dunk and Egg novellas.

In the end he is just gonna be a plot device to further Dany's character. There will be a new Dance of Dragons in Westeros between Dany and Aegon and she will come out on top and he will be dead.

This is my theory.

An easy to cut plot for TV since the end game is still the same....Dany on the throne

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
As of last night I've read through Chapter 18: "The Iron Captain" from Book 4 & Chapter 18: "Tyrion V" from Book 5...

:mindblown: This revelation in this last Tyrion chapter!!!!!

:dahell:NO WAY can you cut that out of the show.

:lupe: Also, This storyline involving Quentyn Martell going to Mereen to ask for Dany's hand in marriage.

What did you think of the Ironborn/Greyjoy plot/Feast in general?
And the first Reek chapter?

The Ironborn chapters are probably my least favorite chapters in Books 4 & 5. They are boring. I always assumed the Ironborn storyline in book 4 would be about warring with The Bolten-led North & Stannis and rescuing Theon. NOPE! That has completely taken a backseat to this Kingsmoot stroyline. Which bores me.

:lupe: In the last Dany chapter I read, she was warned about the Ironborn & later Eureon Greyjoy showed up with this Dragon Horn from Valyeria at the Kingsmoot, so the Ironborn storyline might get interesting.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Anyone pick up A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms? It's all the Dunk and Egg stories in one book :ehh:

I will get it eventually for posterity. Gonna be nice having them all together on Google play books too so i can delete all these pdf's

It's kinda funny. I think you upped all of the PDFs like a year back, and they've been sitting on my PC ever since. I couldn't bring myself to read the stories in a PDF, so I preordered the book like 6 months ago :heh:

I just started reading through it now, and I can tell that I'm going to love it.

its fantastic, highly entertaining. Dunk the lunk, thick as a castle wall. Its easy reading, and the stories are rewarding, dont leave you going through all the different emotions the ASOIF does

I need to read them so bad but I have to finish my re read first, I'm almost halfway through Dance.

:lupe: Is there an audiobook for "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms"?

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
The Ironborn chapters are probably my least favorite chapters in Books 4 & 5. They are boring. I always assumed the Ironborn storyline in book 4 would be about warring with The Bolten-led North & Stannis and rescuing Theon. NOPE! That has completely taken a backseat to this Kingsmoot stroyline. Which bores me.

:lupe: In the last Dany chapter I read, she was warned about the Ironborn & later Eureon Greyjoy showed up with this Dragon Horn from Valyeria at the Kingsmoot, so the Ironborn storyline might get interesting.
Yah that's a common opinion at least on the first read though the series, second time people tend to like it much more and the kingsmoot chapter and the reaver are considered two of the best in the whole series.
I can't relate though :manny:
Victarion jumped into my top five instantaneously, I love Euron, Aeron is crazy and I like that, Asha's chapter had The Reader who's amazing, and The Reavar had maybe the best action scene in the series and Rodrik The Reader checking Euron and then Theon is my overall favorite character:whew:
I just love the ironborn/greyjoys.
Favorite house and place.
Can't wait to see Dagmer Cleftjaw again :ohlawd: