A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I don't think the High Septon is Howland Reed, but I do think that they are going to combine straight to DVD Daario and Euron Greyjoy in the show...

I think that it's crazy fan-theory nonsense in the books and GRRM probably isn't going there, but it makes sense in the show canon. Daario has gotten way too much face time to just be some slum piece that Dany is fukking to kill time. Not to mention that it would give the show fans a "holy shyt" moment that had a 3-4 season build up, is right in line with how D&D have been streamlining other characters and is a really good way to reintroduce the Iron Islands right when things get cooking.

Besides, who honestly thinks that Daario has ever had noble intentions towards Dany, either in the book or show? He's a sleezebag. Might as well make him a Greyjoy sleezebag.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
im really starting to believe stannis will die and mel will revive jon trying to revive stannis brehs :lupe:

if we get a jon revival this season i will lose my shyt. couple with a valiant stannis death to liberate winterfell and i will jizz myself :noah: no homo :whoa:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Game of Thrones season 6 casting has begun – and here’s the list!
Posted on May 26, 2015 by Sue the Fury · 102 Comments
Season 5 of Game of Thrones may not be over but preparations for season 6 are well under way, and casting season has begun! And the first casting breakdowns have found their way to our inbox, thanks to some great sources.

There’s a bit of a twist this year though. Since past role descriptions have leaked, the show has wised up and left the names off the write-ups this year.

But that’s not a problem for Game of Thrones fans, is it? We love a good casting puzzle. And some of these parts are obvious, even without the names.

Let the casting speculation begin!

The first role on the table is…

• Pirate, man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.”
    He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season.
We’d heard unconfirmed rumors that Theon’s uncle Euron Greyjoy would be appearing in season 6, and this sounds like him, more than his brother Victarion.

Next up is the one I’m personally most excited about:

• Father. Aged 50’s to 60’s, he’s one of the greatest soldiers in Westeros- a humorless martinet, severe and intimidating. He demands martial discipline in the field and in his home. It’s described as “a very good part” for next year and that he’s “centrally involved” in a protagonist’s storyline.
This is a clear description of Randyll Tarly, Sam’s abusive father and the famous soldier mentioned by Stannis Baratheon this a couple episodes ago. Some had guessed the discussion might mean we’re seeing him next year, and they were right.

The next three characters appear to be linked to this storyline- most likely Sam’s mother, brother dikkon and one of his sisters. All have the same comment about being centrally involved in a protagonist’s storyline.

• Mother, in her 50’s. She’s a sweet, plump, and adoring mother, and has a soft spot for one of her children who benefits from her decency.
  • Sister, in her early 20s. She’s a kind, friendly and unpretentious woman.
  • Brother, in his early to mid-20’s . Athletic, a good hunter, an excellent swordsman, manly, not particularly bright but the favourite child of the father.
Next up:

• Priest, in his 40’s or 50’s. A gruff ex-soldier who found religion. Now a no-nonsense rural priest who ministers to the poor of the countryside. He’s salt-of-the-earth man who has weathered many battles.
Sounds like Septon Meribald, although it’s a little surprising we’d see him next year instead of this year. If it is him, that hints at someone surviving the season.

A few more roles:

• Leading Actress, in her early 40’s, she’s an elegant actress with a traveling theatre company. Fun, charismatic, rum-drinking actress in the troupe.
  • Priestess. Mid-20’s to early 30’s. Any ethnicity- she’s beautiful, intense, and magnetic.
  • Fierce Warrior, a tall man in 30’s or 40’s with a powerful physique. They’re looking for someone with “mixed ethnicity” for the role.
They’re also searching for a trio of young boys with very specific descriptions. My instinct says another flashback- perhaps this time via the weirwood network?

• A large boy, with an actor who is 10-12 but playing 7 or 8. He’s described as “a clever boy” who seems too large for his age. He’s big and tall but not fat. “Characterful squat features” are a plus for this part. it’s specified that this is a one-time appearance.
  • 12 year old boy, with brown hair and blue eyes. He needs to use a Northern accent. He has scenes where he has to spar with a wooden sword.
    The length of the role isn’t specified.
  • 7 year old boy with dark brown hair, a narrow face and green eyes. He also has a Northern accent. He also spars with the wooden sword, so it’s safe to assume it’s the same scene. This role is similarly open-ended, the description only stating that the character is being ‘introduced.’
It’s worth noting that Sean Bean has green eyes, so if this is for a flashback role, the write-up would be a good fit for a child Ned.

:gladbron:

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-casting-has-begun-and-heres-the-list/

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I don't think the High Septon is Howland Reed, but I do think that they are going to combine straight to DVD Daario and Euron Greyjoy in the show...

I think that it's crazy fan-theory nonsense in the books and GRRM probably isn't going there, but it makes sense in the show canon. Daario has gotten way too much face time to just be some slum piece that Dany is fukking to kill time. Not to mention that it would give the show fans a "holy shyt" moment that had a 3-4 season build up, is right in line with how D&D have been streamlining other characters and is a really good way to reintroduce the Iron Islands right when things get cooking.

Besides, who honestly thinks that Daario has ever had noble intentions towards Dany, either in the book or show? He's a sleezebag. Might as well make him a Greyjoy sleezebag.
but show watchers dont know who euron greyjoy is and have almost completely forgotten about greyjoys. i'd bet half of them dont even know theon's house and/or last name

i think it would be cool to do it, but i dont see it being such a "moment" in the show

EDIT: see post above this one, euron is being cast for season 6 according to those rumors

im really starting to believe stannis will die and mel will revive jon trying to revive stannis brehs :lupe:

if we get a jon revival this season i will lose my shyt. couple with a valiant stannis death to liberate winterfell and i will jizz myself :noah: no homo :whoa:
breh we're gonna need so many :whoa: s knowing all the simultaneous nuts being busted if that happen :noah: :whoa: :francis: :yeshrug:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes

Man, I was sure they were giving all the screen time to Daario for a Greyjoy reason.

I'm just gonna give up playing the guessing game with this show, I'm always wrong. And kind of pissed off too, why in the hell has boring ass show Daario gotten more facetime than anyone else? He'd better end up being a hidden warlock or something, otherwise boo on all those shytty Dany fukking show scenes that don't seem to be leading anywhere. :stopitslime:

Those flashbacks scenes and the Tarlys though :blessed: I'm good with all of that.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So Balon dies in S06E01 at the hands of Euron, and Victorian remains cut....I think this is what will happen. Perhaps Vic's only real book purpose was to bring Dany ships

:ohhh:

It might not be Euron though. But Randyll Tarly seems confirmed.

i been wondering whats taking so long for them to announce balon's death but this may be the answer.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
so someone in the tv thread mentioned that strong belwas may be the guy that released Tyrion @beanz :lupe:

thats what i heard. maybe it was a little nod to the character just like they had the cook with the giant meat cleaver during the battle of castle black last season as a nod to 3 finger hobb the nights watch cook.

6RdF8fc.gif

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
who else would a dangerous pirate who's traveled the world be?

i want more greyjoy fukkery :birdman: we've been wholly starved of those c*nts

i didnt think i would miss the greyjoys as much as i do. how dope would it be to see victarion or euron or both on screen. have them straight jacking the royal fleet one by one :banderas:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i didnt think i would miss the greyjoys as much as i do. how dope would it be to see victarion or euron or both on screen. have them straight jacking the royal fleet one by one :banderas:
not sure why people dislike them so much. euron alone knows more about the world than 90% of all the characters put together, and is wild and egotistical enough to try some dumb shyt that would make for some :gladbron: storylines, show or book

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
  • Priest, in his 40’s or 50’s. A gruff ex-soldier who found religion. Now a no-nonsense rural priest who ministers to the poor of the countryside. He’s salt-of-the-earth man who has weathered many battles.
Why would Septon Meribald be showing up now? This seems odd. I wonder if they are going to show the Hound at the quiet isle next season?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
not sure why people dislike them so much. euron alone knows more about the world than 90% of all the characters put together, and is wild and egotistical enough to try some dumb shyt that would make for some :gladbron: storylines, show or book

in my first read through i found the greyjoys boring as fukk but once i knew what it was they were up to, i found them much more interesting.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Why would Septon Meribald be showing up now? This seems odd. I wonder if they are going to show the Hound at the quiet isle next season?

You answered your own question I think...he showing up because it continues the storyline of a major character, The Hound

It doesnt have to be the Quiet Isle though, they can be written in somewhere else