A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Aight brehs i haven't watched single ep from this season for a few reasons:
1. HBO's shock nudity/sex scene gimmick is annoying as hell to me
2. Dope characters being written out/absorbed by another character, add that to half my favorites already being dead...... :smhcraig:
3. The show "seemingly" making pointless changes to events/decisions that were perfectly fine (sansa really in winterfell with ramsay right now tho :mindblown::why:)
4. ^^^^This leading to possible spoilers for book brehs
5. Even tho i haven't watched a single episode, something is telling me this season isn't as epic/swagged out as last season :patrice: just based on where the plot's at right now and the characters involved this was prolly the hardest section for me to read through(Cersei/Dany/Sam :sleep: ) so i can only imagine seeing it on screen
6. I aint heard or seen a single metion of my Iron Island goons :stopitslime: they kept the book story gully during it's dry points, im tryna see my nikkas thrive in HD

7. i genuinely enjoy the book more :manny:

but if GRRM's gonna be a fukkboi and be goin out to clubs and shyt :patrice: may as well watch the show to pass the time

am i gonna be disappointed in this season brehs? :comeon:

and @Adam3000 if you're going to respond to this post, keep it BRIEF nikka :ufdup: i aint tryna read an essay, a simple ya or nay will do :myman:

:yeshrug: its ok. i try to keep them separate but when the show goes this far off the rail its hard to ignore. if i were to rank the seasons, SO FAR this one is right under season 2 for last place. now everything can change and it can become dope as hell in these last 3 episodes, but right now im just mehhh about it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:yeshrug: its ok. i try to keep them separate but when the show goes this far off the rail its hard to ignore. if i were to rank the seasons, SO FAR this one is right under season 2 for last place. now everything can change and it can become dope as hell in these last 3 episodes, but right now im just mehhh about it.
i figured as much

there aint shyt else to tv to watch right now anyway tho :manny:

Last edited:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
The show is still good. Especially if you've read the books and can fill in the blanks. I watch with a bunch of non-readers and they've spent most of this season hitting pause every 2.5 minutes and asking me explain stuff because "it jumped around so much" and some of the changes are :patrice:, but it's still a fun ride.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
anybody think they will have the hight sparrow be howland reed on the tv show:lupe:
does the show even know who howland reed is?

i dont think he's howland in general, if the show jumped on that fan theory it would be pretty useless. when howland returns, he's gotta be north, not south. he's really only central to jon's development at this point, any revenge he'd seek for ned could and should go through that channel. not roaming the riverlands and south to drum up support for a religion he doesn't even adhere to just to shyt on cersei

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal

i dont think he's howland in general, if the show jumped on that fan theory it would be pretty useless. when howland returns, he's gotta be north, not south. he's really only central to jon's development at this point, any revenge he'd seek for ned could and should go through that channel. not roaming the riverlands and south to drum up support for a religion he doesn't even adhere to just to shyt on cersei
theyve referenced him lightly

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

I think it would dope...he doesn't need to explain it to Jon the first time we hear it all he has to do is explain that he knows who the real "king" is and explain the story. It would make his supposed fanaticism even more potent imo if it was outa left field.