A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Dude is in his late 60s right? That has me a bit paranoid too. Any kind of shyt could happen at that age. All my grandparents but one are dead of natural causes and they didn't even hit the 60s. I'd feel much better if he announced he went on a diet and started working out lol

dudes in his late 60s but looks every bit of 80:damn:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Dude is in his late 60s right? That has me a bit paranoid too. Any kind of shyt could happen at that age. All my grandparents but one are dead of natural causes and they didn't even hit the 60s. I'd feel much better if he announced he went on a diet and started working out lol

He's real big too, you don't see people that old who are that big usually.:leostare:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

64 in a few months.

hopefully the tv show forces him to write at a faster pace.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What kind of sucks is that I heard he gave a draft to the execs for the HBO series in case something happened to him.

So us book readers is gonna have to go with the gimped version if dude drops dead. I love the show and all but I don't like how it handled some things. For example the House of Undying.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
What kind of sucks is that I heard he gave a draft to the execs for the HBO series in case something happened to him.

So us book readers is gonna have to go with the gimped version if dude drops dead. I love the show and all but I don't like how it handled some things. For example the House of Undying.

prob cause they don't have the budget for it. Also you got to save something for the non book readers. That may have spoiled some things.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

nah fukk that, the last two books better come out within the next 3-4 years, get it done playbowh :birdman:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Finished A Feast For Crows. I got a bit confused in Jaime's latest chapter though. Catelyn Stark said Jeyne Westerling had wide hips, hips she thought were great for childbearing but when Jaime sees her for the first time he sees that she has narrow hips.

:wtf:

Might be far fetched but I'm thinking the one Jaime saw was a fake, like how a fake Arya was sent to the Boltons...

Funny both their names Jeyne.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Finished A Feast For Crows. I got a bit confused in Jaime's latest chapter though. Catelyn Stark said Jeyne Westerling had wide hips, hips she thought were great for childbearing but when Jaime sees her for the first time he sees that she has narrow hips.

Might be far fetched but I'm thinking the one Jaime saw was a fake, like how a fake Arya was sent to the Boltons...

:ohhh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
One thing that has me a bit shook about the story now is Littlefinger's motive. nikka is straight creepy yo and all the shyt he's doing and you don't know his endgame has me like :damn::dwillhuh:. I know damn well they're gonna cut the child molesting vibe he has with Sansa.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

There's Jeyne Westerling and Jeyne Poole...maybe they got swapped somewhere in the background of the books.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

:shaq:

Jeyne Westerling has a sister who "wasn't there" when Jamie met the family.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

its been assumed on Westeros and on many other ASOIAF communities that Robb Stark sent the real Jeyne away to somewhere and the one Jamie saw was indeed a fake...meaning there is a Stark of Winterfell, ready to be nobly born and legal (cuz they were married) thats swmming around in a uterus somewhere.

And I too want to know littlefinger's endgame... especially since we know now that this whole chain of events was perpetuated by him when he and Lysa poisoned Jon Arryn. Lets look at littlefingers accomplishments.

Master of Coin and perhaps the richest non Lannister or Hightower in the kingdoms.

Killed Jon Arryn perpetuating the entire crux of the series which was Ned Stark's acceptance of the Hand title.

Plays a major hand in getting Ned killed...in turn eliminating a decades long personal rival.

Negotiates the marriage of Joffery and Margaret, in other words saving King's Landing through politics

Gets raised to high lord of Harrenhall establishing House Baelish

Orchestrates Sansa's escape from King's Landing

Kills Lysa Arryn and takes custody of her son effectivly becoming warden of the east, and poising himself to return Sansa to winterfell ganing the strength of the North and East, with support from king's landing and the Lannisters.

Name ANYONE not named Tyrion that has done half as much and hasn't been killed, maimed or imprisoned in anyway....

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Name ANYONE not named Tyrion that has done half as much and hasn't been killed, maimed or imprisoned in anyway....

:whoo:

Maybe Bronn. While he's nowhere near as much of a schemer as Littlefinger, Bronn has pretty much gain status in each books conclusion so far. He's a rags to riches type just like Petyr and gets a mean ass come up but I think most of it is luck on his part lol while Littlefinger has done everything like he's playing chess :leon: