A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm thinking it has to be Sansa or Rickon in some way. Sansa getting married to a Lord in the Vale who tries to cement power in the North also. Rickon if Sansa doesn't produce an heir or her claim isn't respected. Bran and Arya don't have any strong hints to being claimants to the seat of Winterfell.

But this AWOIAF book, so far is pretty good. About halfway done but the stuff about the Targaryen Kings and Queens...damn. Making me rethink a couple of things.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I'm thinking it has to be Sansa or Rickon in some way. Sansa getting married to a Lord in the Vale who tries to cement power in the North also. Rickon if Sansa doesn't produce an heir or her claim isn't respected. Bran and Arya don't have any strong hints to being claimants to the seat of Winterfell.

But this AWOIAF book, so far is pretty good. About halfway done but the stuff about the Targaryen Kings and Queens...damn. Making me rethink a couple of things.

Such as?

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
******Possible Spoilers from A World of Ice and Fire**********

1.) Underestimated how much influence Varys had with Aerys II. He really helped fukk up a lot of shyt.
2.) Varys when he killed Kevan Lannister on the show claimed he did things to protect the realm.
3.) Baelish is opposed to Varys. Littlefinger also was still in love with Cat Stark (get ready for some Harry Potter ish)

Putting that together I think Varys isn't saving the realm, he's interested in maintaining Aerys II's chaotic reign for some other reason. Maybe to weaken Westeros so that Pentos has more influence or something. Varys didn't seem too concerned with Roberts death obviously, but if he wanted peace keeping Robert alive was the best way. I highly doubt Robert really got killed by a boar accidentally. Also it's mentioned that Varys was one of the chief whisperer's in The Mad King's ear about Rhaegar wanting to betray him. This just caused more turmoil in the realm and led to Rhaegar and Aerys falling out. Varys isn't there for peace, he's there for something else. He is the real threat to Westeros, the actual "bad guy".

In addition I think fans generally see Baelish as a bad guy but he's really the "good" guy, just doing shyt in an ends justify the means way. He's not interested in saving the realm per se, he's interested in breaking the power of Lords that have screwed the realm and him over ( I might have to get into more stuff from the AWOIAF book to explain this further). Remember Baelish is a low class noble that scrounged his way up from shytty holdings and sees how Lords treat the people. I think this is why he loved Cat so much because she pretty much didn't shyt on him. Kinda like Lilly Potter did to Snape in the Harry Potter books. Hence Baelish is the anti-hero that we just don't notice. He seems to be against the "protagonists" (Starks) but he's really going to help them out in the end. Just like Snape saved Harry out of love for Lilly, Baelish is gonna help Sansa win back the North because of love for Cat.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Looking out my window I realized ive been claiming the wrong set. My city looks like the Others will be invading soon and Ned tried to warn me and I didnt listen

Starkset is where I belong brehs. All my wolfpac brehs please forgive me. I hereout renounce my ties to targset.

10250092_911776578833770_4743401193547681433_n.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Looking out my window I realized ive been claiming the wrong set. My city looks like the Others will be invading soon and Ned tried to warn me and I didnt listen

Starkset is where I belong brehs. All my wolfpac brehs please forgive me. I hereout renounce my ties to targset.

10250092_911776578833770_4743401193547681433_n.jpg

Came in later than Walder Frey :beli:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
******Possible Spoilers from A World of Ice

Putting that together I think Varys isn't saving the realm, he's interested in maintaining Aerys II's chaotic reign for some other reason. Maybe to weaken Westeros so that Pentos has more influence or something. Varys didn't seem too concerned with Roberts death obviously, but if he wanted peace keeping Robert alive was the best way. I highly doubt Robert really got killed by a boar accidentally. Also it's mentioned that Varys was one of the chief whisperer's in The Mad King's ear about Rhaegar wanting to betray him. This just caused more turmoil in the realm and led to Rhaegar and Aerys falling out. Varys isn't there for peace, he's there for something else. He is the real threat to Westeros, the actual "bad guy".

In addition I think fans generally see Baelish as a bad guy but he's really the "good" guy, just doing shyt in an ends justify the means way. He's not interested in saving the realm per se, he's interested in breaking the power of Lords that have screwed the realm and him over ( I might have to get into more stuff from the AWOIAF book to explain this further). Remember Baelish is a low class noble that scrounged his way up from shytty holdings and sees how Lords treat the people. I think this is why he loved Cat so much because she pretty much didn't shyt on him. Kinda like Lilly Potter did to Snape in the Harry Potter books. Hence Baelish is the anti-hero that we just don't notice. He seems to be against the "protagonists" (Starks) but he's really going to help them out in the end. Just like Snape saved Harry out of love for Lilly, Baelish is gonna help Sansa win back the North because of love for Cat.
That was cersei that had Robert killed. Lancel supplied him with the wine. And naw little finger ain't no good guy. The whole war is his fault.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
2 things...

1. Varys is all about the Targaryans. He wants them to rule. Bringing balance back to him is having a Targaryan ruler. He made it clear a number of times through his actions and through his schemes

2. I have hella flights in the next month Detroit, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Kahului and ATL and a big ass aWoI&F book. The best thing for me was audio. Well I just saw Audible has a 30 day free trial and has the book as an option. I'm going to end up doing that. Yall should check it out

61we8FyJbSL._SL250_.jpg

https://mobile.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/The-World-of-Ice-Fire-Audiobook/B00M22DPWO

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Basically. It's gotta be Sansa imo..I mean...Arya doens't seem like she wants any type of throne or power...just vengance and once she has that she'll prolly just want her family. Jon if the popular theory doesnt hold true will prolly die. Bran aint coming back down that wall brehs...sorry. :manny:

Perhaps it will be BEAST GAWD TRIPLE OG WARG LORD BASED RICKON STARK.

I knew it was a wrap for Bran going back to Winterfell when the tree dude said he couldn't fix his legs. Bran got a raw deal, I don't care if he gets to "fly" :mjcry: