A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Man, I can't wait to see what Doran does when he finds out Dany's dragons barbecued Quentyn. If House Martell teams up with Aegon... :whoo:

Have you read any of the teaser chapters for TWOW? Arianne is on her way to meet Aegon. Dorne making moves already :pachaha:

Can anyone recommend a good book series to get started on next? I really enjoy GRRM's writing style. Is the Maddaddam series worth getting into?

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Have you read any of the teaser chapters for TWOW? Arianne is on her way to meet Aegon. Dorne making moves already :pachaha:

Nah, the only one I read was the one with Tyrion and that midget that's thirsty for him. But :wtf: Dorne already know Quentyn is dead?

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
No Bran in Season 5, confirmed by Benioff :pacspit:
Well, look on the sorta-bright side. As show Bran's story is mostly caught up to the book storyline, with him sitting out this season you probably won't have anything Bran related on the show spoiling anything Bran related in the as of yet unreleased books. That's sorta good, right?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Well, look on the sorta-bright side. As show Bran's story is mostly caught up to the book storyline, with him sitting out this season you probably won't have anything Bran related on the show spoiling anything Bran related in the as of yet unreleased books. That's sorta good, right?

Yes....IF Winds of Winter comes out before Season 6

But if not, Id rather just be spoiled now

On a side note...Bran really must be close to end game. Between the show taking off a season, GRRM barely having him do anything in ADWD, and GRRM's editor having to help him pace out Brans chapters, it appears to be the near the end.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Yes....IF Winds of Winter comes out before Season 6

But if not, Id rather just be spoiled now

On a side note...Bran really must be close to end game. Between the show taking off a season, GRRM barely having him do anything in ADWD, and GRRM's editor having to help him pace out Brans chapters, it appears to be the near the end.
I didn't even think of that last part! But you could be totally right. That really does make perfect sense putting all those factors together. That's why I depend on you ladies and gents, to do the heavy mental lifting for me. :salute:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Can anyone recommend a good book series to get started on next? I really enjoy GRRM's writing style. Is the Maddaddam series worth getting into?
Doran was gonna have attempt to get with Aegon anyway just in case the shyt with Quentyn aint work out iirc

but im prolly makin shyt up

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I finished Dance with Dragons last night.

Jon Snow. :mjcry:

But Varys???? nikka... :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

right?...:wow:

The more I think about it the more i forget that book 4 and half of book 5 can all happen next season finishing up books 5 and going into book 6 season after. I'm really not as trippin as I was cuz i totally forgot about book 4.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Anybody cop the Audio files yet for
AWoI&F
?

I got a long 13hr flight coming up brehs
I got The World of Ice and Fire
but want the audio too for the flight so i can relax & listen while staring at the pics​

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
As long as Jon Snow dies a hero and there's a Stark in Winterfell, I don't care who wins in the end.

Basically. It's gotta be Sansa imo..I mean...Arya doens't seem like she wants any type of throne or power...just vengance and once she has that she'll prolly just want her family. Jon if the popular theory doesnt hold true will prolly die. Bran aint coming back down that wall brehs...sorry. :manny:

Perhaps it will be BEAST GAWD TRIPLE OG WARG LORD BASED RICKON STARK.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically. It's gotta be Sansa imo..I mean...Arya doens't seem like she wants any type of throne or power...just vengance and once she has that she'll prolly just want her family. Jon if the popular theory doesnt hold true will prolly die. Bran aint coming back down that wall brehs...sorry. :manny:

Perhaps it will be BEAST GAWD TRIPLE OG WARG LORD BASED RICKON STARK.

I'm hoping it is Rickon even though he's so young. Sansa is just marching to the beat of everyone else's drum right now and she really hasn't shown she is capable of leading(not that she was ever given a chance). Plus unless her marriage is annulled or Tyrion dies, she's still currently a Lannister.

Last edited: