A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Wish I wouldn't have seen this.

One question, was there a storm at the Tower of Joy that day? :sas2:

Well, the (crackpot) theory is Dany's knowledge of her birth comes from her brother Viserys who was 8 years old at the time. Not really a good source. His memory of the event cant be counted on. Some people over at ASOIAF.org think Dany is actually 6-7 months older than she thinks she is, is Lyanna's daughter and is Jon's twin. Jon had the Stark look, so Ned took him. Dany had the Targ look, so Ned took her to Ashara Dayne and somehow she got Dany to Essos and to Ilyrio. The (crackpot) theory is the daughter Queen Rhaella gave birth to died. Alfie Allen (the guy who plays Theon Greyjoy) said in an interview that the ending has a bit of a "Star Wars" moment. Plus, having twins in the equivalent of the 1400s could definitely explain a 16 year old girl dying in a bed of blood.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Well, the (crackpot) theory is Dany's knowledge of her birth comes from her brother Viserys who was 8 years old at the time. Not really a good source. His memory of the event cant be counted on. Some people over at ASOIAF.org think Dany is actually 6-7 months older than she thinks she is, is Lyanna's daughter and is Jon's twin. Jon had the Stark look, so Ned took him. Dany had the Targ look, so Ned took her to Ashara Dayne and somehow she got Dany to Essos and to Ilyrio. The (crackpot) theory is the daughter Queen Rhaella gave birth to died. Alfie Allen (the guy who plays Theon Greyjoy) said in an interview that the ending has a bit of a "Star Wars" moment. Plus, having twins in the equivalent of the 1400s could definitely explain a 16 year old girl dying in a bed of blood (labor).

I like that theory. Anything to make those R + L ≠ J nikkas salty... :demonic:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
You could argue the text alludes to it as well....Dany worships Rhaegar. She's always speaking of him, trying to figure out what he was like. But not about Aerys, her actual father. Dany doesn't know Aerys was batshyt crazy and evil, so there should be no aversion from her in wanting to learn about him. Yet she always asks about Rhaegar, completely indifferent about her actual parent :ld: Maybe that's a breadcrumb GRRM been dropping, a foreshadowing. Dany feels a stronger connection to Rhaegar because that's her father :ld: There's also the funny business about the house with the red door that Dany keeps dreaming about. The house wasn't in Bravos but, in Dorne (I'll post that theory next). That certainly lines up with the whole "Ashara Dayne taking Dany as a kid" thing :lupe:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You could argue the text alludes to it as well....Dany worships Rhaegar. She's always speaking of him, trying to figure out what he was like. But not about Aerys, her actual father. Dany doesn't know Aerys was batshyt crazy and evil, so there should be no aversion from her in wanting to learn about him. Yet she always asks about Rhaegar, completely indifferent about her actual parent :ld: Maybe that's a breadcrumb GRRM been dropping, a foreshadowing. Dany feels a stronger connection to Rhaegar because that's her father :ld: There's also the funny business about the house with the red door that Dany keeps dreaming about. The house wasn't in Bravos but, in Dorne (I'll post that theory next). That certainly lines up with the whole "Ashara Dayne taking Dany as a kid" thing :lupe:

:whoo:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Well, the (crackpot) theory is Dany's knowledge of her birth comes from her brother Viserys who was 8 years old at the time. Not really a good source. His memory of the event cant be counted on. Some people over at ASOIAF.org think Dany is actually 6-7 months older than she thinks she is, is Lyanna's daughter and is Jon's twin. Jon had the Stark look, so Ned took him. Dany had the Targ look, so Ned took her to Ashara Dayne and somehow she got Dany to Essos and to Ilyrio. The (crackpot) theory is the daughter Queen Rhaella gave birth to died. Alfie Allen (the guy who plays Theon Greyjoy) said in an interview that the ending has a bit of a "Star Wars" moment. Plus, having twins in the equivalent of the 1400s could definitely explain a 16 year old girl dying in a bed of blood.

The theory is sound, no doubt.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Dany being Jon's twin sister makes better sense of Ned's actions too. There is this big fukking war going on. World War I type shyt. And Ned's friend is rummaging through Westeros killing every Targ kid he can find. Wouldn't it make sense to get Jon back to The North as fast as possible? :patrice: Yet when Ned left the Tower of Joy he didn't immediately ride home. He went to Ashara Dayne :patrice: What's more important here? Protecting this secret Targ baby (Jon) I have riding with me or going to Ashara Dayne's house to give her her brother's sword? :patrice: Giving somebody their sword back sounds like some shyt you can do later. Not during the war when you have the future rightful King of Westeros in your convoy :patrice: That's why I can believe that Dany is Jon's twin. Ned taking this second baby to Ashara Dayne's makes more sense than taking a sword. Dany has silver hair, purple eyes....she couldn't be hidden in The North like Jon could. If you had a second baby with Targ looks and you needed someone to protect her, Ashara was the only one Ned could have turned to :lupe:

Last edited: