A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
QUOTE="TheStoicGhost, post: 10502607, member: 2376"]@Arianne Martell I finally got to Gardens of the Moon :mjcry: This book is kicking my ass. I have no idea what the fukk is going on.

That broad named Sorry though did she get
body jacked by that old lady Riggis?
I'm confused like a muhfukka but I'm not stopping.[/QUOTE]

:laff::laff:
@TheStoicGhost

Don't worry keep going at it...99% of the readers had the same issue...dude must have been high on crack when he wrote that book.

No, the lady put a protective spell on her

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Don't worry keep going at it...99% of the readers had the same issue...dude must have been high on crack when he wrote that book.

No, the lady put a protective spell on her

Thanks. That shyt had me like :dwillhuh:

The author is just throwing all kinds of shyt at the readers like :yeshrug: "Can you keep up, breh?"

:deadrose:

But Ganoes Paran's story got me curious enough to keep going.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
@TheStoicGhost

When I read this book, I didn't know what people said about it until I decided to do an insanity or I'm I dumb? test. So I read the reviews here is someone wrote in an Amazon review:

Worst jumbled mess of a fantasy epic ever
By Steven E. Pilarskion March 9, 2008
Format: Mass Market PaperbackVerified Purchase
I have loved the fantasy genre since I first read Robert Jordan's "The Eye of the World" over ten+ years ago. I have read series by Tad Williams, George R. R. Martin, Stephen King, etc., so I'm not an unseasoned (or unintelligent) afficianado. But let me tell you, I started reading "Gardens of the Moon" five times before I finally forced myself to finish the entire disgraceful mess. What does anyone see in this series?? Yes, Martin's "Song of Ice & Fire" series piles on too many characters, but at least he develops them and makes them come to life. There is not one paragraph of substantial character development in this entire book. It's all plot and all action, and even these are given fragmented, slice-and-dice treatment. It's like Erikson conjured a hundred or so Dungeons & Dragons type names, gave them each some pointless action and cardboard dialogue, then threw them all together in a type of mish-mash stew that looks like a fantasy epic but tastes like rat dung. This is the most painful experience I've encountered with the genre. Anyone can write 600 pages of nothing, but it takes at least a little talent to fill those pages with something resembling a good, enjoyable story.

Trust me it gets waaaaaaayyy better.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
@TheStoicGhost

When I read this book, I didn't know what people said about it until I decided to do an insanity or I'm I dumb? test. So I read the reviews here is someone wrote in an Amazon review:

Trust me it gets waaaaaaayyy better.

:laff: That dude went in.

I'm only on page 67. This is gonna be a fukked up ride. :mjcry:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
@Arianne Martell I finally got to Gardens of the Moon :mjcry: This book is kicking my ass. I have no idea what the fukk is going on.

That broad named Sorry though did she get
body jacked by that old lady Riggis?
I'm confused like a muhfukka but I'm not stopping.
I just started It too :dead: idk i kind of like when books are :wtf: at the beginning then make sense as it goes on, keep my mind stimulated :leon: kingkiller chronicles was like that for me