A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
So I guess the show is no longer a book adaption but a completely different thing now?
shyt's reminding me of The Prestige where nolan COMPLETELY flipped what happened in the book for the movie, like there was a "change" at damn near every pivotal point in the shyt :laff: shyt was OD

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
So I guess the show is no longer a book adaption but a completely different thing now?

It was always that. Don't see why one spoils the other.

I watched one and a half seasons before I read AGot and ACoK. Loved both books despite watching the series first. Then I pushed ahead with the books and still loved the show.

You can criticize and appreciate at the same time. The books also have their issues.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still believe we are going to get Stoneheart. She'll probably be recasted because the actress is busy. I'm still holding out hope

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
It was always that. Don't see why one spoils the other.

I watched one and a half seasons before I read AGot and ACoK. Loved both books despite watching the series first. Then I pushed ahead with the books and still loved the show.

You can criticize and appreciate at the same time. The books also have their issues.
Nah it wasnt always that, Season one like an exact adaption of A Game Of Thrones, and season 2 was a little funky but it was basically the same general idea, same for 3, this is probably the first season where they take a gigantic swerve from the book series

Not that i'm complaining, I dont mind at all actually, its all the same to me but still

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I still believe we are going to get Stoneheart. She'll probably be recasted because the actress is busy. I'm still holding out hope
Yeah maybe they will recast her and introduce her by putting her on the back of Coldhands elk for a dual reveal:mjlol:

This is some strooooonnnngg denial

....on a side note, this elimination of an important character bodes well for Coldhands importance in the books. I know many people wondered if Coldhands mattered since he was cut, but here we have a clear example of a character that matters being cut.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah maybe they will recast her and introduce her by putting her on the back of Coldhands elk for a dual reveal:mjlol:

This is some strooooonnnngg denial

....on a side note, this elimination of an important character bodes well for Coldhands importance in the books. I know many people wondered if Coldhands mattered since he was cut, but here we have a clear example of a character that matters being cut.
all im sayin is GRRM sure is lettin them pull some frankenstein shyt with his story :yeshrug:

them hbo checks must be :ohlawd: status

raff

Rookie
Daps
Jamie can't die in Dorne. I believe he's the Valonquar that kills Cersei.
Unless he isn't? :patrice::sas1:

11590722.jpg
none of my bidness tho.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Jamie can't die in Dorne. I believe he's the Valonquar that kills Cersei.

I'm thinking Jaime and Cersei will exit the show together next season . As of the end of this season she still has Jaime in her corner and it's gonna be them two vs. Tyrells and Martells. Maybe Jaime gets fed up with Cersei's fukkery and kills her to keep the peace and then he gets killed in Dorne.

Or fukk all that, Jaime dies in Dorne because of Cersei and when Tyrion comes back, finds out about Jaime dying and he kills her for revenge.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Reading GRRM's "Fevre Dream" vampire novel, about halfway through

It was a decent little tale, but then unexpectedly a little past the 1/3rd mark there is a chapter that completely switches gears and just lays out the mythology before switching back to the tale....this chapter was :wow:

What this chapter did was it served to remind me just how thirsty I am for more ASOIAF mythology. The adventures of Jon, Dany, and Tyrion are such a small part of my interest in the series. I don't really give as much of a fukk who lives or dies, who sits on the Iron Throne, who redeems themself and who destroys those around them. I want to know what happened at the Tower of Joy. I want to know why The Others came thousands of years ago and why they are returning. I want to know who truly was responsible for starting Robert's Rebellion. I want to know whether the Faceless Men caused the Doom of Valyria and why there must always be a Stark in Winterfell.

Winds of Winter can no longer satisfy my thirst. I need a Dream of Spring :beli:

This "Fevre Dream" mythology chapter structure can definitely be used in ASOIAF.....Bran, Howland Reed, Varys, Marwyn, and Sam at the Citadel have the power.

SkillClash

Banned
Daps
Reading GRRM's "Fevre Dream" vampire novel, about halfway through

It was a decent little tale, but then unexpectedly a little past the 1/3rd mark there is a chapter that completely switches gears and just lays out the mythology before switching back to the tale....this chapter was :wow:

What this chapter did was it served to remind me just how thirsty I am for more ASOIAF mythology. The adventures of Jon, Dany, and Tyrion are such a small part of my interest in the series. I don't really give as much of a fukk who lives or dies, who sits on the Iron Throne, who redeems themself and who destroys those around them. I want to know what happened at the Tower of Joy. I want to know why The Others came thousands of years ago and why they are returning. I want to know who truly was responsible for starting Robert's Rebellion. I want to know whether the Faceless Men caused the Doom of Valyria and why there must always be a Stark in Winterfell.

Winds of Winter can no longer satisfy my thirst. I need a Dream of Spring :beli:

This "Fevre Dream" mythology chapter structure can definitely be used in ASOIAF.....Bran, Howland Reed, Varys, Marwyn, and Sam at the Citadel have the power.
are you also going to get "World of Ice and Fire"..comes out october