A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown: holy shyt how didn't I catch that either? She did bleed but I didn't think it meant anything.

:birdman: fukk that, it's a miscarriage. She been letting that piece of shyt Daario blast deep in her guts, so she got pregnant it's gonna be a stillborn. Maybe it'll add to making her go psycho.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
Actually Im pretty sure it was blood and shyt from the pale mare....

Someone needs to check, I aint near a book
I thought she was unsure if it was the pale mare or if was a sign that she was no longer barren.

I am assuming it was the latter, only because that would be a effed up way for her to die in the books. She deserves to die by the sword or eaten by a dragon.

EDIT:
Researching this, I'm not the only one that believes she's having a miscarriage. Outside of the blood, all of her other symptoms could be caused by the berries she ate.

Last edited:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I think she's definitely going to die; the only question for me is whether she'll die being seen as a "hero" or a "villain"

My guess is she goes insane. What I think/hope is that Aegon initially wins the throne and is popular among nobles and commoners. Dany arrives later, and when people see dragons, dothraki, iron born, and the kin-slaying demon monkey Lannister backing her they go :dahell: . Dany goes :dahell: seeing Aegon on "her" throne (especially after she realizes he's a blackfyre) and the second Dance of the Dragons starts.

Dany wins but turns into the Mad Queen when the people reject her as a usurper, and tells Drogon to "burn them all" in King's Landing; Barristan hears this, goes :sadbron:, and kills Dany, becoming known as the Queenslayer

:ahh:

I've seen people around the web speculating that Dany will die at Storms End.

Storm Born...Storms End....:merchant:

It's just a small thing based entirely on words play....but I could see it being significant....:manny:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
so looks like j'aqen haqar is either going to be taking the place of the kindly man, or we gonna see balon's death on screen or some other faceless man fukkery. either way he is back next season

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/23/familiar-face-returning-game-thrones-season-5/

Some might expect things to quiet down after the season finale, but no, the fun’s just beginning when it comes to casting. Today, we have some news not about a new character, but about a fan favorite possibly returning in season five.

For spoiler reasons, we’ve tucked the actor’s name and role beneath the cut, as even being aware of the character’s return might be considered a spoiler by some, and there are spoilers for another character’s season five arc below the cut!

It appears that an unexpected return may be in the works for the Faceless Man known to viewers as Jaqen H’ghar.

According to the German agency of Tom Wlaschiha, the actor is shooting a 2014 episode of the crime solving seriesTatort entitled, “Borowski und die armen Kinder von Gaarden, ” and after that, in August, he’ll begin filming onGame of Thrones. The agency notes that Tom is in the main cast. Given that the website updates their News sections regularly with 2014 projects, and that Wlaschiha has appeared in several notable productions since filmingGoT in 2011 (with his appearance airing in 2012), it does look like Arya’s mentor is returning to the show next year.

Wlaschiha has kept busy since his time on Game of Thrones, costarring as Sebastian Berger in Crossing Lines. He played Prince Albert in the 2014 biopic Mr. Turner and will be appearing as Philip Von Hapsburg in series 3 of Canal+’s Borgia.

In the A Song of Ice and Fire series, the face of Jaqen has not been seen since A Clash of Kings, though the Faceless Man (in different form) is still tending to business in Westeros.

The actor’s return has not been officially confirmed by HBO.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:mindblown:

Just got past the last Sam chapter on my Feast/Dance re-read and got curious about Marwyn the Mage so I looked up his wiki....didn't realize this dude was mentioned way back in Game of Thrones as the person who taught Mirri Maz Durr the healing arts

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Well, its official. My suspicions after the Alex Graves interview were accurate Lady Stoneheart has been cut from Game of Thrones

Michelle Fairley just gave an interview to Entertainment Weekly where she confirms D&D's decision:

EW: You couldn’t have missed the online furor over the lack of Lady Stoneheart in the Thrones finale. Were you surprised by that attention?

Michelle Fairley: I actually haven’t seen any of that. I don’t look that stuff up. I avoid it like the plague. I was totally unaware.

EW: There was a lot of online conversation. I heard third-hand that you were basically told that it’s not likely to ever happen. Is that accurate?

Michelle Fairley: Yeah, the character’s dead. She’s dead.

EW: Do you have a preference at all—do you think Catelyn’s arc should end where it ended, or would you be into the resurrection idea?

Michelle Fairley: You respect the writers’ decision. I knew the arc, and that was it. They can’t stick to the books 100 percent. It’s impossible—they only have 10 hours per season. They have got to keep it dramatic and exciting, and extraneous stuff along the way gets lost in order to maintain the quality of brilliant show.​

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/25/michelle-fairley-24-lady-stoneheart/

I'm surprisingly OK with it. There is way too much story left to tell with only 3 seasons to go.​

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Well, its official. My suspicions after the Alex Graves interview were accurate Lady Stoneheart has been cut from Game of Thrones

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/25/michelle-fairley-24-lady-stoneheart/

I'm surprisingly OK with it. There is way too much story left to tell with only 3 seasons to go.​
but see changes like this are the type of stuff that are gonna make me fall back when the show starts getting to new material, not tryna see the watered down plot

I wonder if a smarter poster than I (@Adam3000, @everyotherposterinthisthread) would go so far as to speculate as to what this means to Lady Stoneheart's importance in the books, Hmmmmm!
that's kind of my point, stuff like that feels like dry spoiling her importance

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I wonder if a smarter poster than I (@Adam3000, @everyotherposterinthisthread) would go so far as to speculate as to what this means to Lady Stoneheart's importance in the books, Hmmmmm!

I don't think it necessarily spoils her importance. She has already become important, directly being linked to Brienne and Jaime. Its not like all she has done in the book so far is hang Freys.

She herself certainly is not ENDGAME important...but that doesn't mean that the plot threads she weaves are not tied to the endgame.

Lets say for pure speculation that in the next book, she influences Jaime's death at the hands of Brienne. This is obvioulsy a super important plot point. In the show, Brienne will still influence Jaime's death, it will just be done in a different way.

Perhaps the Lady Stoneheart arc ends with her being reunited with some of her children and dying for good after regaining a sense of peace in whatever fractured state of mind she still has left. I would consider this a worthwhile plot arc since Cat died with the thought that all of her children other than Sansa were dead. But for the purpose of the show, it may not be considered necessary.

I just have to trust that GRRM didn't resurrect Cat in order for her to have 2 chapters of Frey killing then fizzle out. There has to be some sort of purpose, there just has to be. George aint no dummy.....at least I hope we aren't getting played that badly :patrice:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Stoneheart and the Lightning Lord are important to subplots but not in anyway that those subplots can't be altered. I think they ultimately set precedent for a resurrection by followers of the red God.

This means Jon or someone else being brought back to life in a sacrifice.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny