Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Yall never had to read 1984 for school? :dahell: Depressing book..
fukk man, that's the only book that when I finished I launched it across the room in rage and sadness. Set me up for the okey doke.

On the other hand I was LMAO through Animal Farm. There was one pig, the pig that spewed all the crazy propaganda that had me falling out my chair at school. No fukks given by that pig, just pulling the wool over those sheep eyes!

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Malazan Book of the Fallen is dope! :gladbron:

The first book is painful to read because you have to adjust your brain to that type of writing...then its a breeze from there. I'm on book 5 and almost finishing. If you read GRRM describing at least 5+ pages of food and what people are wearing and blah blah blah...you can definitely read the first book of this series with no problem. You have to get immersed in the author's setting and forget about GRRM style.

:why: Man, I hated when GRRM would go into that mode but I read every bit of it, if I read the series as a youngin' I would have skimmed through or skip the fukk out those pages. :pachaha: But I just ordered Gardens of The Moon and Deadhouse Gates. Gonna hit those right away after I finish The Heroes.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
:why: Man, I hated when GRRM would go into that mode but I read every bit of it, if I read the series as a youngin' I would have skimmed through or skip the fukk out those pages. :pachaha: But I just ordered Gardens of The Moon and Deadhouse Gates. Gonna hit those right away after I finish The Heroes.

giphy.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
fukk one genre, George is the best fiction writer I have read period. Admittedly I don't care for fiction much so I am hardly an expert. But there is a reason I am hardly an expert...because most times I try and pick up a book and after a couple chapters I put it down for good.

I really wish I could read this "Fevre Dream" thats been sitting on my desk but I'm doing a Feast/Dance reread right now and it is gonna take me a while because I only read at night before bed for like a half an hour.
As of now ASOIAF is also the best fiction series I've read and I've read a lot of fiction (maybe I'm not looking hard enough for the piff) but @Arianne Martell says ASOIAF ain't seeing Malazan Book of The Fallen which I have yet to read. The reviews on the first book of that series has me hesitant but I'll get to it once I finish reading Abercrombie books.
that's all i needed to read, dont get me wrong this story is piff but to act like other ones out there aren't just as dope :usure: but if you're talking specifically about the era/setting of this series(medieval) then yea i'd prolly have it in top 3 if not the top one easily :ehh:

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i think i did get assigned that book at some point but i was a slacker and never did any work :manny:

i remember i had to do a book report on animal farm when i was in 6th grade and i just read like the first 2 pages and said fukk it. i did the report based on the first 2 pages and the back cover :russ: the teacher crumpled that shyt up and threw it at me.
:laff:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Its taking a lot of willpower not to go back and read "Mercy" :patrice:

I don't want to familiarize myself with the pre-release WoW chapters before the book is released, but damn that one and the Theon one and Tyrion 2 are so damn good :patrice:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm probably gonna get a lot flack for this but I think Rickon is dead...

:whoa:

Or if he's still alive he won't make it to the end of the story. I'm willing to bet my entire coli cash that it's Sansa who gets Winterfell.

raff

Rookie
Daps
I'm probably gonna get a lot flack for this but I think Rickon is dead...

:whoa:

Or if he's still alive he won't make it to the end of the story. I'm willing to bet my entire coli cash that it's Sansa who gets Winterfell.

Or if he's a canibal they'll maybe banish him, and he'll live as a savage chowing down on humans for the rest of his life :patrice:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Or if he's a canibal they'll maybe banish him, and he'll live as a savage chowing down on humans for the rest of his life :patrice:

Yeah, Davos' journey to find him is going to be pointless, I feel like he's a dead man too. I don't see the plot to rescue Rickon and prep him for Winterfell falling through at all.