A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
Rereading the first book. If only Ned listened to renly and took his help. Ned would still live, the realm would have been spared war, and joff would have been brought up right away from cersi. Stanis would still be mad cause renly would be elevated and tywin would be mad but he won't start anything cause his grandson would be ned's ward
Honorable Ned wasn't about to hand over the Seven Kingdoms to a known fakkit breh.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honorable Ned wasn't about to hand over the Seven Kingdoms to a known fakkit breh.

The deal wasn't for renly to take the throne. It was just for his support as Ned took power and acted as regent till joff turned old enough.

I wonder how a Ned Stark raised joff would turn out. Would prob turn out better than theon since Ned would care more about Robert's final wish

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
:lolbron:

I dont think Renly was a known fakkit in the books, him and Loras being gay was just sort of heavily implied/rumored, the show just made them have gay sex in every scene rather than trying to make it subtle. Sorta like what they did with Oberyn even though I like that (no homo :whoa: ).

Besides Ned was so honorable instead of siding with the winning team he would side with who the kingdom actually belonged too

Ritzy Sharon

Daps
The deal wasn't for renly to take the throne. It was just for his support as Ned took power and acted as regent till joff turned old enough.

I wonder how a Ned Stark raised joff would turn out. Would prob turn out better than theon since Ned would care more about Robert's final wish
my bad breh. I could be mistaking the show for the book (haven't read book 1 in years).

being a product of incest, Joff would have always had the potential for :demonic: behaivor, no matter what.

:lolbron:

I dont think Renly was a known fakkit in the books, him and Loras being gay was just sort of heavily implied/rumored,

I think among his inner circle, it was pretty much an accepted fact. even Stannis was :heh: at the thought of Renly getting married

Last edited:

Ritzy Sharon

Daps

this is what I was talking about. that look of pure disgust when Renly tells Ned he's king material. :dead:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I dont know if this has been posted or not but

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/artic...ong-of-ice-and-fire-to-have-eight-books-25076

Winds Of Winter "Certainly not this year", and nikkas talking bout 8 books maybe :aicmon: we aint gonna get the last book til fukking 2021 :shaq2:

EDIT: Im hearing Martin confirmed 7 books

“My plan is to finish in seven,” Martin says. “But my original plan was to finish in three. I write the stories and they grow. I deal with certain things and sometimes I find myself not at the end of a story. My plan right now is still seven. But first I have to finish Book Six. Get back to me when I’m half-way through Book Seven and then maybe I’ll tell you something more meaningful.”

That last part sort of implies the nikka is only halfway done with book six

Last edited:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
We going to get into WOW stuff next year in the show with people like Bran and Sansa. Oh well as long as i get to see the story out i guess. would rather read it, but i don't want to randomly come across spoilers.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
We going to get into WOW stuff next year in the show with people like Bran and Sansa. Oh well as long as i get to see the story out i guess. would rather read it, but i don't want to randomly come across spoilers.
part of me hopes he actually set up the show to have a different ending :manny: shyt would feel weird reading through all the details and characters in the book that got cut out of the show, knowing the general idea of how it ends :ld:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
who do you guys think should play the Greyjoy bros?

I was watching Thor 2 today and figured that Ray Stevenson could pull Victarion off. I would also think that Rollo from Vikings could pull it off since they are extremely similar.

raff

Rookie
Daps
who do you guys think should play the Greyjoy bros?

I was watching Thor 2 today and figured that Ray Stevenson could pull Victarion off. I would also think that Rollo from Vikings could pull it off since they are extremely similar.

Whoever they might put in I just want guys with swag, nobody give a fukk about Daario so they may destroy him as they wish, but ruining Euron...
There will be repercussions :birdman::birdman::birdman:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
part of me hopes he actually set up the show to have a different ending :manny: shyt would feel weird reading through all the details and characters in the book that got cut out of the show, knowing the general idea of how it ends :ld:
I dunno i read a couple books after seeing the movie. It only really takes away my enjoyment if it's EXACTLY like the movie. There's still probably going to be some good stuff that won't make it into the show.

Knowing the ending does ruin the tension a bit, but I can still enjoy stuff when i know the ending.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
10390496_303104293197953_4568089174964207974_n.jpg

I am soooooo ready