A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Jards

All Star
Daps
The show seems to be moving at a much quicker pace than I expected this season- you think the Nights Watch giving Jon that Oz style shanking is gonna be the penultimate episode in season 5?

Was disappointed how they exposed Jorah was a snitch to Dany as well- that was one of the events I was looking forward to this season. I know they couldn't do it exactly the same as the book because we already know Whitebeard is Ser Barristan but it was fukking epic in the book. Jorah telling Dany not to trust Barristan cause he was playing them for a fool the whole time and Barry giving Jorah the fatality when he was like

":ufdup:- I was in them council meetings nikka :sas2:"

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
The show seems to be moving at a much quicker pace than I expected this season- you think the Nights Watch giving Jon that Oz style shanking is gonna be the penultimate episode in season 5?

Was disappointed how they exposed Jorah was a snitch to Dany as well- that was one of the events I was looking forward to this season. I know they couldn't do it exactly the same as the book because we already know Whitebeard is Ser Barristan but it was fukking epic in the book. Jorah telling Dany not to trust Barristan cause he was playing them for a fool the whole time and Barry giving Jorah the fatality when he was like

":ufdup:- I was in them council meetings nikka :sas2:"
:russ:

Yeah the way Ser Jorah got exposed was trash, and I hope they dont show Jon getting shanked up because that means the show is most definitely going to progress further than the books and I dont fukking want that. I'm hoping they go Anime style and make up some bullshyt adventure for Sansa, and stretch the Lord Commander picking out for a whole season, I know that makes for worse show watching or whatever but I'd like to read it all first since I prefer the books, and dont want the plot getting spoiled

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Use the "snitch" feature breh
I did :lolbron:

I mean, it's pretty clear in their own 'spoiler rules'

"No Spoiler" Thread Rules

1. No using spoiler tags to drop spoilers. There should be no talk of spoilers, period. Yes, the spoiler tag was invented for this purpose, but it routinely causes problems as well as being used for many other reasons besides spoilers.
  2. No discussing source material. For example, no talking about The Walking Dead Comics or the Game of Thrones' books. The "no spoiler" threads are not the place for endless comparisons. Please use the alternative spoiler friendly threads for these discussions.
maybe they need a separate "I watch the show, but also spoil myself with various previews and wiki's" thread

Jards

All Star
Daps
I dont care for how they do Theon in the show, maybe its because we cant see his actual thoughts on screen but breh wasnt that damn scared of Ramsay, I mean, he'd sleep with dogs, eat Jeyne pool p*ssy(prolly woulda did that anyways :shaq:), and hand over his own people but that was to avoid getting fukked up even worse because he was trapped and had no way of escaping

But had Asha actually came to save this nikka, he would've recognized her and ran off with her definitely. I guess it'll make him actually escaping with Jeyne more surprising to the show audience though, because they see him as having that Stockholm Syndrome shyt rather than just being trapped.

I love show Ramsay though, he's a badass, when him and his goons ran to the kennels and saw the Ironborn there :ohlawd:

Not gonna lie- show Ramsey is that nikka. He was bout that action when he saw then Ironborn Nikkas in the kennel

Jards

All Star
Daps
:russ:

Yeah the way Ser Jorah got exposed was trash, and I hope they dont show Jon getting shanked up because that means the show is most definitely going to progress further than the books and I dont fukking want that. I'm hoping they go Anime style and make up some bullshyt adventure for Sansa, and stretch the Lord Commander picking out for a whole season, I know that makes for worse show watching or whatever but I'd like to read it all first since I prefer the books, and dont want the plot getting spoiled
I'd rather read it the books as well but just earlier this year, the show runners were adamant the series would only last 7 seasons and there's still 2 (maybe 3 books to be released) Only feasible way I can see them doing that is combining AFFC and ADWD for S5 and 1 season each for the 2 remaining books. If there is actually gonna be another book, they'll have to combine that shyt as well :beli:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
I did :lolbron:

I mean, it's pretty clear in their own 'spoiler rules'

maybe they need a separate "I watch the show, but also spoil myself with various previews and wiki's" thread
whats the post #. Ill engage in the snitchery too. im tired of them spoiler droppers giving all us book readers a bad name

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Whole lot of rumors on Lady Stoneheart appearing, i can't wait :noah:

You are a wiki reader now too :mindblown:

I just don't understand that shyt. Either read the books to get the full experience, or watch the show to get the full experience. Reading the wiki for spoilers is just :mindblown: thats the type of shyt you do when you start a movie and think it sucks but wanna know what the plot twist is without having to sit there for another hour

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps

I just don't understand that shyt. Either read the books to get the full experience, or watch the show to get the full experience. Reading the wiki for spoilers is just :mindblown: thats the type of shyt you do when you start a movie and think it sucks but wanna know what the plot twist is without having to sit there for another hour
There's people who read the wiki for spoilers? :dwillhuh:

:mjlol:why?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

You think i got years to be waiting on a tv show, i got shyt to do :rudy:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Jokes on you, because the meat of the story only has to be waited on for another 10 days and nothing important happens in the next 2 books after that :mjlol:
Jokes on me? I Don't give a fukk bruh, its a tv show. You really live for this show huh? :dahell: