A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So I guess they threw the whole High Septon crowning Tommen storyline in the bushes.

word i forgot about that. high septon was supposed to deny that. i guess if they introduce that storyline it would overcomplicate shyt to show watchers. woulda been cool to see cersei haggling with the new high septon until she lets him get his own army. dumb bytch :snoop:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
word i forgot about that. high septon was supposed to deny that. i guess if they introduce that storyline it would overcomplicate shyt to show watchers. woulda been cool to see cersei haggling with the new high septon until she lets him get his own army. dumb bytch :snoop:
Im sure they will just make up some new conflict that will have the HS and Cersei at odds next season. Cant wait to see Cersei make that walk of shame :shaq:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Im sure they will just make up some new conflict that will have the HS and Cersei at odds next season. Cant wait to see Cersei make that walk of shame :shaq:

oh yes thats gonna be dope :blessed:

im also excited to see lord commander jon snow making peace treaties with the wildlings and tyrion meet up with jon connington and aegon

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
All Sorts of Weird Stuff: News - World of Ice and Fire Cover

Looks like we may be getting some more information about Asshai come October :gladbron:

World of Ice and Fire Cover
GRRM has just shared the cover of the forthcoming The World of Ice and Fire (Pre-order: Amazon US, Amazon UK). We’re very excited to share it here as well, co-written with Linda and myself.

As he notes, the text was originally contracted for 50,000 words…. but suffice it to say, it’s much, much longer than that (especially if one includes the text of the World of Ice and Fire app (Buy: iOs, Android) which was originally intended for the book. The book itself is now at the 330-odd page mark, and is chock-full of some truly gorgeous art, more of it being added as we speak. Lots of new information, about the ancient history of the world, about the various regions, about the Targaryens and the Lannisters, and even about the strange, far-off places of Essos, from the Free Cities to Asshai and the Summer Isles.

The process of settling on the exact cover design certainly took awhile, especially when you’ve seen some of the early mock-ups. The three-headed Targaryen dragon really fits, although as you might guess from the above, this isn’t a work exclusively focused on the Targaryens (though it has a great deal to say about them!)

And with that said, stay tuned next week, as we’ll have an exclusive excerpt from the world book to share concerning another group of people who arrived in Westeros, and weren’t necessarily welcome to

First Men excerpt? :gladbron:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Looks like we may be getting some more information about Asshai come October :gladbron:
That's cool and all but I want TWOW :camby: with all this extra shyt. Release that after the Song ends. This nikka know he on borrowed time right now

*goes to preorder*:snoop:

OAN-there were some other books mentioned in here that are supposed to be really good. Can somebody post those again? I need some other shyt to read

Jards

All Star
Daps
Victorian is gonna simp it up and present the horn as a gift after hearing that her dragons turned a kid into bbq. I think...

Edit: I'm still wondering why Euron gave him such an important thing knowing that Victorian hates his guts.
I'll have to read that back but from what I gathered, you can't blow that horn unless you're the realest of the real nikkas otherwise you'll get your chest caved in. Euron is a spiteful dude so he probably gave to him thinking that that there was no way Victarion could be successful with it but if he was successful and brought back the dragons then fukk it

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's seems at some point they will have to get into all that (or something similar), unless they're really changing the story

Jards

All Star
Daps
I wanna see if we get a Cersei x Lady Merriweather finger fukk session. The way Lady Merriweather was described in the book she sounded sexy as fukk:noah:

We've already been cheated out of Irri and Dany getting in on. If they replace Irri with Missandei though, all will be forgiven :takedat:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
First Men excerpt? :gladbron:
Or maybe the Rhoynar.

I know they and the original Dornishmen eventually melded together but I have a hard time believing that the Dornishmen saw 10 thousand ships full of foreign people and were immediately like "welcome to our lands brothers :blessed:"

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Should be 2 weeks 2 days from seeing OBlock split in half with a longsword :beli:

Memorial Day :camby::pacspit:

I think Lysa is going out the moon door in episode 7 though.....maybe we get Stoneheart too :leon:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Should be 2 weeks 2 days from seeing OBlock split in half with a longsword :beli:

Memorial Day :camby::pacspit:

I think Lysa is going out the moon door in episode 7 though.....maybe we get Stoneheart too :leon:
Nah Bruh, more like 3 weeks
He's not gonna get it until episode 8 it looks like.
You probably right about Lysa tho. Stone heart probably gonna end the season.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
and wasn't Emilia the one who said she isn't getting naked on the show ever again :to:
That was just a rumor, but most people think it was Ros (And, hilariously, that she was killed off soon after).

I think that Emilia got naked after that shyt so....:yeshrug:

JdAJUza.jpg

Too bad, because the titty meats were on point like crazy....:to: