A rising number of American men don't want to work

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Honestly, most people are meant to work for someone else or be in the traditional workforce. Everyone not built to be a boss and get it on their own so I don’t know how this gonna turn out for them lol. Trust me, out of 10 people you try to put in position only like 2 at the most will take advantage. The rest need someone to tell them what to do or have to be a part of someone else’s campaign to survive/thrive.

So basically, them nikkas better take they ass to work

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Naw, men and women are far to smart in today's world with the vast amount of information on the internet.

No more pulling the wool over someone head telling them they can make millions becoming a doctor, when a simple internet search will let you know doctors aren't living like that. Even top surgeons have massive amounts of student loans and are working 60 hours a week day and night to get that 300k. And all that so you can retire at 60 with a 2 door coupe but your old and crippled from a lifetime of slaving away. Or take a regular 9-5er who retires and at 65 and has nothing left in the tank from a lifetime of work and only has the ability to watch tv. The only people truly "living life" are either the top .01% who are living off everyone else or a "3rd world" somebody living of land not yet colonized. Everyone in the middle is forced into making money 365 days a year just to live from janitors, lawyers to doctors. Its the sad state of the modern world.

So by idol you mean young men and women aren't in the streets rioting yeah i agree.

The best i can suggest young people who are 16 is save every penny you make and find a way out of the rat race.

Yes, social mobility takes generations to escape, but Millenials/Gen Z have the greatest chance to move up due to more opportunities (mainly multiple remote job chances).

What's causing the interest in work to decline is the fascination with celebrity, the "If I can't have a mansion or penthouse with infinite swimming pools and baddies on deck, then I just give up"....

So either you have to be born into money, have a unique skill/talent that you can monetize, or fall in line with the W2 crowd...

It's just laziness to not try to be productive...

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It’s not about not wanting to work. Nobody wants to work 40 plus hours a week and not be able to pay all of their bills let alone not have a life outside of work.

You got dudes living with parents. Living with roommates. Living with exes turned roommates or moving in with women just to split the bills.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Work sucks. I don't blame them :manny:

Can't make no real money anyway by working. Better off learning how to scam or lay pipe for rich sugar mommas

I don't really want to work either but those bills don't pay themselves

Who the fukc wants to work?

I been doing it constantly since I was 14 and I still hate waking up and driving to that mf
Most people dont want to work. Most people would accept an alternative that allowed them to maintain their lifestyle or close enough to it. This aint exactly news.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
my thoughts are complicated on this. No one could say I don't hustle hard, didn't put in the work. Well, you could say I didn't do things the right way. but I paid a price for that too.

so much of our cultural beliefs are tied to

calvinism
wage labor
"normalcy",the middle class virtues and values

happiness is another complicated concept. A lot of the people I know who work white collar/middle management/mid level positions, it just seems so draining. There's no thrill, no rush. Not much pleasure. Not a lot of money and it requires A LOT from you. And in the end, you have little control over what happens. but it affords you a certain quality of life. but even that is kind of diminished in 2024.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
It’s not about not wanting to work. Nobody wants to work 40 plus hours a week and not be able to pay all of their bills let alone not have a life outside of work.

You got dudes living with parents. Living with roommates. Living with exes turned roommates or moving in with women just to split the bills.

Why people don’t understand that? People just want more time for themselves to pursue shyt that interests them, not make someone else rich.

Thing is, even if you are passionate about say drawing or ceramic work for example, you have to put in just as much time as a 40 hour work week to maybe just eek out a living and build your business.

Having a profitable side hustle or business takes roughly the same dedication as your standard corp position.

You can pursue your dreams but they have to be able to provide you a way to survive...

Some people don't even want to do that either...

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Yes, social mobility takes generations to escape, but Millenials/Gen Z have the greatest chance to move up due to more opportunities (mainly multiple remote job chances).

What's causing the interest in work to decline is the fascination with celebrity, the "If I can't have a mansion or penthouse with infinite swimming pools and baddies on deck, then I just give up"....

So either you have to be born into money, have a unique skill/talent that you can monetize, or fall in line with the W2 crowd...

It's just laziness to not try to be productive...

Millennials grow up during the get money era. MTV cribs, pimp my ride, money rap, ect so I can differently see dudes finial growing up a realizing that those things are not normal and being like fuk it. Going to school, no matter what degree, will not let you obtain the celebrity lifestyle shoved in our faces growing up.

As someone in their early 30s who just started to remote work after working my late 20s in an office,

I make decent money 75K a year work maybe 6 hours a week, I could push myself to a higher salary and make double but I wouldn't have it easy. If I had to be at work in an office and work 40 hours a week then yeah Id want to make more money. But im also financial sold, if i was living in an apartment had a beater car then yeah i have no excuse.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
There is the military and college and trade school. Not to mention entrepreneurship there are 10 year old business owners.

It isn’t anyone’s fault these men did not apply themselves in school. Their families failed them.
School is where a lot of guys start giving up in the first place, our education system creates mostly workers and goof offs