A rising number of American men don't want to work

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Yeah - props to the people who love their craft. That's why I admire creatives. They're non conventional and doing what they love whether it's art, cooking, music or design
I follow this girl on IG who travels to different countries around the world to paint murals on peoples buildings (usually hostels or cafes) and she's pretty good at what she does. I don't think she earns a lot of money by doing this and probably has to work a few odd jobs here and there but one thing i see is that she's always positive and happy and cleary loves what she does.

Just from watching her reels and posts she definitely winning at life

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I follow this girl on IG who travels to different countries around the world to paint murals on peoples buildings (usually hostels or cafes) and she's pretty good at what she does. I don't think she earns a lot of money by doing this and probably has to work a few odd jobs here and there but one thing i see is that she's always positive and happy and cleary loves what she does.

Just from watching her reels and posts she definitely winning at life
One of my friends is a tailor but he has a ranch in South Texas. He's actually giving up the business because it's taking too much time from his family and the people he's surrounded with can be sketchy, fast money etc.

He told me he's going to focus on being a rancher and make a meat processing facility in the town he's in and go from there. Happy for him.

Some non conventional ways of living are better than the "American Dream" we're seeking.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
I 100% understand, I don't wanna work, but my parents had sex in the 90s :manny:

It's work; I do NOT believe in capitalism like a bootlicking fakkit

I support the idea of a UBI adjusted for inflation, single payer healthcare, all that shyt

But do something: My day job is tile and flooring, my sleep schedule isn't the best so every other night

I do online jobs like content marketing, and "editing" for $20 here and there

Started selling my fat boy clothes and stuff I find in thrift stores online too, seems promising

Optimize your time, make it fun and don't eat like shyt

BruhManFromTheFifthFlo

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
i dont respect a man that doesnt work i look at him like a bytch
200w.gif

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
this is all a strange bi-product of 'cism and industrialization. mufukas acting like this current concept of "working" is some thousands of years, ingrained into uman, born like this type shyt need to look back at history. society and its concepts have changed and "progressed" way too fast for the majority of people in the last 100 years.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
this is all a strange bi-product of 'cism and industrialization. mufukas acting like this current concept of "working" is some thousands of years, ingrained into uman, born like this type shyt need to look back at history. society and its concepts have changed and "progressed" way too fast for the majority of people in the last 100 years.

Well okay, humans still had to leave the hut/cave/camp/village to go get supplies and hunt.

Our ancestors certainly didn't smoke ancient herb and sleep all day, otherwise we wouldn't be here...

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This is what happens when companies do not want to pay men a proper wage. What is the point of working when all you get are crumbs and scraps. Most men just want to make enough to keep a roof over heads, a car made in the last 5 years, gas in their car, food in the fridge some of life's comforts and the ability to have a family. When that is off the table for many millennials and most of Gen z what is the point.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
This is what happens when companies do not want to pay men a proper wage. What is the point of working when all you get are crumbs and scraps. Most men just want to make enough to keep a roof over heads, a car made in the last 5 years, gas in their car, food in the fridge some of life's comforts and the ability to have a family. When that is off the table for many millennials and most of Gen z what is the point.

If you don't have a plan for what you want to do with your life, this is the result, lost and unproductive bums. Capitalism isn't going to transform into a utopia where everyone gets a Tesla, condo, and an IG baddie.

Minimum wage job is a minimum effort for work and Wendy's isn't going to provide people with a 60k a year salary (which is a comfortable middle class salary today) to sling chicken nuggets.

You have to grind today to survive...