A rising number of American men don't want to work

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
If you don't have a plan for what you want to do with your life, this is the result, lost and unproductive bums. Capitalism isn't going to transform into a utopia where everyone gets a Tesla, condo, and an IG baddie.

Minimum wage job is a minimum effort for work and Wendy's isn't going to provide people with a 60k a year salary (which is a comfortable middle class salary today) to sling chicken nuggets.

You have to grind today to survive...

60k is not a comfortable middle class salary in most states anymore.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
60k is not a comfortable middle class salary in most states anymore.

Yes, it is. People gotta stop using a LA/NY lens for the entire country. 60k will have you living comfortable in most of the country, specifically the entire Midwest, south, northwest etc.

A lot of dudes are losers who are socially retarded and have no aspirations beyond living just enough to afford rent and videogames. They can't talk to women, don't want to buy houses, don't go to bars, and largely refrain from a lot of things their fathers and grandfathers excelled at. A lot of men complain about working as if your only choice is Amazon or retail. What happened to the understanding that certain degrees guaranteed good jobs and lives. Or that certain trades guaranteed the same. We have a massive trades deficit in the country where a lot of people (specifically men) are not learning trades despite high demand for well paying jobs as electricians/craftsmen/etc. Not to mention HVAC. You can't argue this is about a lack of opportunity, it's about a lack of drive. And I will always believe a lot of that has to do with parents not raising their sons with standards or expectations. That may have worked 40 years ago when the most half assed dude could fall into a good factory job but that's not reality anymore. You have to compete.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Naw, men and women are far to smart in today's world with the vast amount of information on the internet.

No more pulling the wool over someone head telling them they can make millions becoming a doctor, when a simple internet search will let you know doctors aren't living like that. Even top surgeons have massive amounts of student loans and are working 60 hours a week day and night to get that 300k. And all that so you can retire at 60 with a 2 door coupe but your old and crippled from a lifetime of slaving away. Or take a regular 9-5er who retires and at 65 and has nothing left in the tank from a lifetime of work and only has the ability to watch tv. The only people truly "living life" are either the top .01% who are living off everyone else or a "3rd world" somebody living of land not yet colonized. Everyone in the middle is forced into making money 365 days a year just to live from janitors, lawyers to doctors. Its the sad state of the modern world.

So by idol you mean young men and women aren't in the streets rioting yeah i agree.

The best i can suggest young people who are 16 is save every penny you make and find a way out of the rat race.
I believe you may be referencing disingenuous posts from your search then. People tend to either downplay their success online or over-exaggerate.

Top surgeons make over $1mill USD per annum. Surgeons generally earn over $300k as a starting salary, and they do not carry massive student loan debt. They may spend lavishly on other things, but the debts from medical school are not an actual issue for physicians and surgeons.

My wife is a doctor and earns in the $200k annum range and has a very balanced work-home life, and paid off her loans two years after finishing residency. She has several colleagues that work in specialty practice that intend to retire by 50 at the latest. Doctor Lawyer Engineer are still degrees positions that get you the best quality of life in relation to earnings.

As far as the regular 9to5er I had a thread on that and most black people who retire, retired from a government job which only takes 25 years of your life, so you can retire in your 50’s, instead of 60’s.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Yes, it is. People gotta stop using a LA/NY lens for the entire country. 60k will have you living comfortable in most of the country, specifically the entire Midwest, south, northwest etc.

A lot of dudes are losers who are socially retarded and have no aspirations beyond living just enough to afford rent and videogames. They can't talk to women, don't want to buy houses, don't go to bars, and largely refrain from a lot of things their fathers and grandfathers excelled at. A lot of men complain about working as if your only choice is Amazon or retail. What happened to the understanding that certain degrees guaranteed good jobs and lives. Or that certain trades guaranteed the same. We have a massive trades deficit in the country where a lot of people (specifically men) are not learning trades despite high demand for well paying jobs as electricians/craftsmen/etc. Not to mention HVAC. You can't argue this is about a lack of opportunity, it's about a lack of drive. And I will always believe a lot of that has to do with parents not raising their sons with standards or expectations. That may have worked 40 years ago when the most half assed dude could fall into a good factory job but that's not reality anymore. You have to compete.
You can barely afford a decent house in a decent neighborhood on an $80k salary in the Midwest right now but you’re talking about $60k is a good salary, and you were super quick to call dudes losers?

Some dudes love to punch down on others and call them names to try to feel superior.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You can barely afford a decent house in a decent neighborhood on an $80k salary in the Midwest right now but you’re talking about $60k is a good salary, and you were super quick to call dudes losers?

Some dudes love to punch down on others and call them names to try to feel superior.

Your only option is owning a home right away or nothing? Most people start with an apartment. You can live comfortably on 60k, I've been there before. If you're in LA obviously that's not going to work.

This forum is insane and full of people with no real concept of shyt.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Work sucks. I don't blame them :manny:

Can't make no real money anyway by working. Better off learning how to scam or lay pipe for rich sugar mommas

Yup.

Imagine busting your ass at a job for 10 years and maybe you have a lil $ saved up, some 401k cash and you’re in your late 30s/early 40s. At that stage you’re hoping for promotions, better pay and damn near pray for the boogeyman AI to not make your role obsolete.

And that scenario looks “ideal” for most Americans.

Think about the folks who don’t have rudimentary tech skills or already are t grandfathered in at some company just pushing paper — so to speak.

Timing means alot and there are TONS of boomers coming off the books now who easily had 20-30 year stints at their jobs, great pay and can now ride off into the sunset simply because they are old. But they at least kinda enjoyed the ride along the way.

In present day you are constantly job insecure or under employed — IF you even have a job. But we live in a world where even the biggest companies can wipe away 10 thousand jobs with one motion and not thing twice about it. That doesn’t inspire confidence in the job infrastructure AT ALL.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Your only option is owning a home right away or nothing? Most people start with an apartment. You can live comfortably on 60k, I've been there before. If you're in LA obviously that's not going to work.

This forum is insane and full of people with no real concept of shyt.
You said “owning a home.” Your point wasn't talking about owning an apartment. And even if that was your point, it’s is now just as expensive to rent or even own an apartment vs a lower tier house.

A decent 1bed 1bath apartme….*achem*…”condo”… in a major Midwest city is $280k+ with HOA dues and taxes in the few hundreds of dollars. That’s $2k a month, which is more than half your take home income on a $60k salary.

So you’re saying dudes need to spend upwards of 60% of their take home money on a unremarkable single room place to stay, and also frequent bars, restaurants, have a diverse wardrobe, go out on dates to mingle, save for retirement, and keep an emergency fund, and if they can’t do all that on $60k, they’re a loser.

I make more than double that and I don’t punch down on people like that because I know it’s bullshyt out here, people are being squeezed to death and these companies don’t care.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But to add more to this.

Ive seen grown men bragging about not having jobs and doing nada all day. Able bodied physically and mentally. Even worse, they showing off that they have the money live such lifestyle while not having a job social media, offline or whatever. Honestly even if you have money where you dont have to work or whatever, its NEVER a good idea to let the world know that shyt. Keep that shyt to yourself. I do have a level of contempt towards people who do that shyt. All these insecure goofies doing the most over the wrong reasons.

Its crazy because 20 years ago, i remember the stigma of being unemployed even in high school. If you had no history of a job to employers... :picard: i remember how hard it was to even get a simple job because employers were hating hard and the jobs i got at the time werent shyt. Had to work in the area of the uppity yuppies and their kids showing off their money, acting bigoted, classist, racist and etc. It sucks when you HAVE to get a job and dont have a choice. Basically seeing how the system and society works. shyt is fukked up.

Im all for tearing the system down for real. Its trash.. i too want off this hamster wheel. I agree with the anti work movement BUT its filled with the wrong people repping that shyt. Cant be a privileged person with access to money that can chose to not get a job talking about anti work. Im noticing a lot of people who arent even in the struggle talking about it and they are showing how clueless they are

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Don't believe the propaganda and gaslighting. This isn't a social/psychological issue or personal responsibility issue. Look at the charts below. Productivity has risen, but wages haven't, thus workers today make less for the same work. Look at home prices vs household income. So, today you make less while working more, all while the cost of living is skyrocketing. Work is an investment of your time and energy. Those charts show a tanking ROI. Do you HODL or do pull out? I'm not encouraging people to not work, but to stop blaming each other like wealth simps and bootlickers and see the problem for what it truly is.

23410.jpeg
Median-US-House-Sales-Prices-and-Median-Family-Income.jpg