A rising number of American men don't want to work

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I don’t wanna work either but i got bills. This is what happens when kids grow up getting shyt like participation trophies for just showing up. Now they don’t know how to get in where they fit in so they give up altogether

When I used to work at a trade school half the dudes that came in there were being dragged in by their wives, mothers, or girlfriends. They didn’t wanna do shyt. Some of them was white boys too. I haven’t worked there in six years so I imagine it’s gotten worse

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I'm one of the few people that like my career and make really good money I guess so I don't take that for granted.

I can't think of any greater level of self-respect and self-love than being able to provide for yourself and family (if one has a family) with just your skills.

If that can't get you hyped as a man.. Idk what to say.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can't think of any greater level of self-respect and self-love than being able to provide for yourself and family (if one has a family) with just your skills.

If that can't get you hyped as a man.. Idk what to say.
I work a tech job and I simply use my MIND to solve problems and make money. I'm just allergic to broke :mjlol:

I sort of understand young peoples plight with the way the economy is though but I was taught to make your situation better and don't count on anyone to save you.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Men and women today are far too idle IMHO :mjlol:

Naw, men and women are far to smart in today's world with the vast amount of information on the internet.

No more pulling the wool over someone head telling them they can make millions becoming a doctor, when a simple internet search will let you know doctors aren't living like that. Even top surgeons have massive amounts of student loans and are working 60 hours a week day and night to get that 300k. And all that so you can retire at 60 with a 2 door coupe but your old and crippled from a lifetime of slaving away. Or take a regular 9-5er who retires and at 65 and has nothing left in the tank from a lifetime of work and only has the ability to watch tv. The only people truly "living life" are either the top .01% who are living off everyone else or a "3rd world" somebody living of land not yet colonized. Everyone in the middle is forced into making money 365 days a year just to live from janitors, lawyers to doctors. Its the sad state of the modern world.

So by idol you mean young men and women aren't in the streets rioting yeah i agree.

The best i can suggest young people who are 16 is save every penny you make and find a way out of the rat race.

Last edited:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Naw, men and women are far to smart in today's world with the vast amount of information on the internet.

No more pulling the wool over someone head telling them they can make millions becoming a doctor, when a simple internet search will let you know doctors aren't living like that. Even top surgeons have massive amounts of student loans and are working 60 hours a week day and night to get that 300k. And all that so you can retire at 60 with a 2 door coupe but your old and crippled from a lifetime of slaving away. Or take a regular 9-5er who retires and at 65 and has nothing left in the tank from a lifetime of work and only has the ability to watch tv. The only people truly "living life" are either the top .01% who are living off everyone else or a "3rd world" somebody living of land not yet colonized. Everyone in the middle is forced into making money 365 days a year just to live from janitors, lawyers to doctors. Its the sad state of the modern world.

So by idol you mean young men and women aren't in the streets rioting yeah i agree.

The best i can suggest young people who are 16 is save every penny you make and find a way out of the rat race.
No, I mean far too much time is spent doing mindless drivel that requires no self development and contributes nothing useful to society :yeshrug:
But never mind that
Join my Patreon to get early access to full length reactions, breh :mjgrin:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Can you really compare the participation rate when you consider the opportunity modern technology provides? I realize that doesn't completely account for the numbers though.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
No, I mean far too much time is spent doing mindless drivel that requires no self development and contributes nothing useful to society :yeshrug:
But never mind that
Join my Patreon to get early access to full length reactions, breh :mjgrin:

Another form of control, who is anyone to tell you what you should do with your time. What is society giving them? Yes we get modern day medicine, immediacies ect from advancement made from society but lots of those pros are dwindling slowly. No ones getting ahead nowadays no matter what you do for society. Even living a fugal lifestyle in America is becoming impossible.

Most people making alot of money 500K+ a year are making it dishearteningly off someone else. :francis: The no such thing as get rich no matter what youtubes or the internet will tell you.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I'm one of the few people that like my career and make really good money I guess so I don't take that for granted.
thats one of the issues. most people dont even know wtf they really want to do. they go get jobs/careers based off what someone else told them to do.

then add in all that other society shyt, lack of buns, no external motivations, and you get people looking at work like :pacspit: or :unimpressed:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thats one of the issues. most people dont even know wtf they really want to do. they go get jobs/careers based off what someone else told them to do.

then add in all that other society shyt, lack of buns, no external motivations, and you get people looking at work like :pacspit: or :unimpressed:
Yeah - props to the people who love their craft. That's why I admire creatives. They're non conventional and doing what they love whether it's art, cooking, music or design

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
I enjoy what I do, fortunate to get paid for it lol
I wish everyone was able to take a sabbatical or an Eat/Love/Pray year without money being an issue. I love what I do now, it doesn’t even seem like work, they have to send me home sometimes :mjlol: I clock out and work on volunteer status