A Quiet Place (Horror Film Written,Directed By And Starring John Krasinski)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
No, it’s not weak. It’s a fact man can die from certain pitches sounds. Why do you think we don’t like the annoying sound of speakers going wack? Some sounds aren’t meant to be heard.
Who the fukk has died from speaker feedback, nails on chalkboard, etc? no, high pitched sound is not on the top of the list of vulnerabilities, especially when the first thing you learn about the creature is not to make sound. So then the military is supposed to turn around and test sounds when it’s clear that’s what attracts them and causes an attack? :dahell:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Who the fukk has died from speaker feedback, nails on chalkboard, etc? no, high pitched sound is not on the top of the list of vulnerabilities, especially when the first thing you learn about the creature is not to make sound. So then the military is supposed to turn around and test sounds when it’s clear that’s what attracts them and causes an attack? :dahell:
I never said speaker feedback can kill. :comeon:

I listed it because it’s a sound we can’t listen to for more than X amount of seconds. You ever heard of sound frequencies? :usure:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I never said speaker feedback can kill. :comeon:

I listed it because it’s a sound we can’t listen to for more than X amount of seconds. You ever heard of sound frequencies? :usure:
I have heard annoying sounds and after the initial shock, you adapt.

But ok, go into a horror/disaster/creature movie and expect the critical event to be solved by the military as if that’s ever how these things work...

Your complaint is weak bro, you’re entitled to it, but of the things keeping this movie from greatness, that isn’t it. :yeshrug:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I have heard annoying sounds and after the initial shock, you adapt.

But ok, go into a horror/disaster/creature movie and expect the critical event to be solved by the military as if that’s ever how these things work...

Your complaint is weak bro, you’re entitled to it, but of the things keeping this movie from greatness, that isn’t it. :yeshrug:
Movie would’ve never been greatness. :mjlol:

Like I said before, there comes a point where logic is just too much of an issue for a movie to suspend its use. I wasted 90 minutes on this shyt. :martin:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I would've liked to see a timeline of how long the invasion took and for the town to be abandoned, even some more of him experimenting. I don't get why people didn't just try to come together and figure out how to stop them when they can which is what you usually see in dystopian type movies- I would have liked to see more characters.

Last edited:
Daps
That family DISGUSTED me.

What were they thinking? To see those two dumb kids live but the dad die. fukking idiots.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
One problem I had was that it was Day 83 (I think) in the opening scene where the toddler dies. Then it's Day 472 and the mom is pregnant. It's been more than a year, which means she wasn't pregnant during the opening scene. That means that for some reason, after seeing their child killed in front of them and knowing how loud babies are and that the creatures hunt by sound and just generally living in a shytty post apocalyptic world, they still chose to conceive another child. That just seems like an incredibly bad idea. They just saw their youngest kid get killed, they should have known better.
She then goes on to having the quietest childbirth ever :fohch:

The mother and daughter find out the weakness that NO ONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY could find out....and I'm supposed to just roll with that?

I don't know about this one

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
That’s a weak complaint, who the fukk thinks of high pitched frequency as the way to combat/kill something?
EnchantingLividAvians-size_restricted.gif

Military and science fields getting funded trillions of dollars but are outwitted by a family in the middle of a cornfield.

Our tax dollars at work :wow:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I enjoyed the movie (saw on it on my plane this Sunday).

A few faults in the story (having a child during all of this, how no one was able to find the weakness etc) but I just rolled with it. 7.5/10, especially for a horror flick, this was good.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
If you can turn off your brain it's a really good movie but the more you think about it the film has so many holes.
7/10