A mixed woman(Black mom/White Dad) says she's tired of Black People not taking her serious when she try's to talk about being a Black woman in America

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I never said I had an issue with Brehs dating mixed women though. I think a lot of y’all just aren’t comprehending my point. I only care about y’all calling them black women, because the need to call them bw, is sometimes motivated by some of yall not wanting to admit that y’all like the look of women who are closer to white. By referring to them as bw, you can still say you date bw, despite the fact that the women arent fully bw.

It’s not something that is said out loud, so I doubt you would hear any Breh admit to it. But I’ve seen many Brehs say they love bw, only to then post zendaya, Jhene aiko types—when in reality those women do not look like black women. it’s a way to skate around the fact that your preference actually isn’t bw like you claim, but more so women who are more ambiguous. Now I’d rather y’all just own up to what you like, and admit that you might find women who look more ambiguous attractive, rather than pretending those women are representive of bw.

the difference is when I’ve dated mixed men, I called them what they are. I call my son’s father mixed. Hell my son used to think his dad was white. Everyone thought it was hilliarious. I’m not going to refer to him as a black man and take away from what actually is representative of a breh, when he isn’t and is only half.

I just want people to keep it real. And real is recognizing that a person who has a nonblack parent is not fully black.

As a bw, I can speak further as to why it’s an issue for bw. We are in a society that is conditioned to put women who are European at the top, and those who are closest to European are generally favored more than those who aren’t. Bw have spoken out about how they’ve seen opportunities meant for black women be given to mixed women, because those mixed women get away with calling themselves black while looking ambiguous and closer to white, which means they gets more privileges and opportunities than a black women with two black parents.

We’ve seen this take place in acting for example—you gave ambiguous mixed women continuing to take roles where they are playing the black mother, girlfriend, daughter etc, instead of actual bw. In other words they get chosen by whites who recognize they are closer to white but aren’t white and therefore can represent bw, despite not being a full bw. That takes away from actual bw.

So the issue with continuing to have this
large umbrella of what can constitute as black, means those who just skate the lines can get the benefits that are meant for full black people. It gives white people the opportunity to pretend as if they’re being inclusive and giving bw a shot by picking women who are actually closer to them…

When we give mixed people their own category, we then give black people a more defined notion of what blackness is, we also get more opportunities and actual (and fair)representation. We are not trying to discount mixed peoples experiences or tell them they can’t claim or talk about their experiences or their blackness. We’re simply saying they have another side too-it makes them unique from us, and we want them to get a unique identity that fully represents both sides of their background.

If we were in a society that did not give advantages and opportunities to people who are closer to white, this wouldn’t be a big deal.. but we aren’t in that society. And I see mixed people as mixed and therefore not representive of me as a blacks person with two black parents.

Are lightskin Black women with two Black parents representatives of Black women? :jbhmm:

Your point about "when we give mixed people their own category... we get more opportunities..." is not true. Non-ADOS take up many of the slots intended for ADOS at these Ivy League schools and in various fortune 500 companies. The same phenomenon occurs in Hollywood.

Dr. Cornel West even spoke about this fact recently.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Are lightskin Black women with two Black parents representatives of Black women? :jbhmm:

Your point about "when we give mixed people their own category... we get more opportunities..." is not true. Non-ADOS take up many of the slots intended for ADOS at these Ivy League schools and in various fortune 500 companies. The same phenomenon occurs in Hollywood.

Dr. Cornel West even spoke about this fact recently.
Light skin bw with two black parents is still black. There is a reason more bw are hesitant about mixed women being referred to as bw. Bw from two black parents do not see mixed women as true representation of who bw are and feel that there are differences in the experiences of a mixed women versus a bw. I can’t speak on if it’s the same for men.

We do not want mixed women to be lumped in with us. We want them to have their own category and be called what they are:biracial. I can say with confidence that more bw feel like me about this issue than y’all even recognize.

Light skinned bw with two black parents are still black. A mixed women with one nonblack parent is half. And it is okay to acknowledge that. Now if Brehs have no issue with mixed men being called black or mixed women being called black that’s fine.

But I find that in these discussions, bw are just not agreeing with y’all on this and it’s a for reason. Y’all aren’t women so it’s not something y’all can fully grip.

Black women don’t want mixed women in our category. citing cornel west, neely fuller, and your stance on blackness isn’t going to change the bw’s POV on this matter. We stand where we stand and I do eventually see bw pushing mixed women out of the black women category.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Light skin bw with two black parents is still black. There is a reason more bw are hesitant about mixed women being referred to as bw. Bw from two black parents do not see mixed women as true representation of who bw are and feel that there are differences in the experiences of a mixed women versus a bw. I can’t speak on if it’s the same for men.

We do not want mixed women to be lumped in with us. We want them to have their own category and be called what they are:biracial. I can say with confidence that more bw feel like me about this issue than y’all even recognize.

Light skinned bw with two black parents are still black. A mixed women with one nonblack parent is half. And it is okay to acknowledge that. Now if Brehs have no issue with mixed men being called black or mixed women being called black that’s fine.

But I find that in these discussions, bw are just not agreeing with y’all on this and it’s a for reason. Y’all aren’t women so it’s not something y’all can fully grip.

Black women don’t want mixed women in our category. citing cornel west, neely fuller, and your stance on blackness isn’t going to change the bw’s POV on this matter. We stand where we stand and I do eventually see bw pushing mixed women out of the black women category.
If there was a beauty pageant for black women, you are saying biracial women should have their own category?

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
If there was a beauty pageant for black women, you are saying biracial women should have their own category?
They should have a separate pageant for biracial women or category within the pageant where we can celebrate biracial women independently from bw.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
They should have a separate pageant for biracial women or category within the pageant where we can celebrate biracial women independently from bw.

How about light skin, brown skin, and dark skin categories?

:lolbron:

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
How about light skin, brown skin, and dark skin categories?

:lolbron:
There’s no need to do that if we are celebrating bw from two black parents—we come in different shades. My whole thing is about giving bw shine, true representation and opportunities. This also benefits mixed women though—they have unique experiences as far as how they look at race, what it was like growing up with white family, what it’s like feeling conflicted in times of racial unrest in our country… black women can’t relate to none of that so let mixed women have their own platform where they can talk more about that.

3:30

Thread Killer
Daps
Reppin
3:30
Strictly using your logic:

Biracial + Black man/woman = non-Black child?

:jbhmm:

I believe they’re saying

“Mixed” should be its own lane , separate from both

But you already have lames on both sides trying to pass as mixed , talking about “ My Grandpa is black “ and “I got Indian in my blood”

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Man... f*ck this mixed up bytch. She's been answering to a white man(Her daddy) her whole life so you know it's going to be a problem when a black man try's to tell her something.

This bytch has been enjoying that "Mixed Girl Previlage" her whole life.

She.... wait... hold up. I think I may have jumped the gun. Let's hear what this sister has to say. Her mom is Black so she can't be all that bad right? Everybody deseveres a chance to be heard!!!

Sheeit :lupe:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

We hear you,and we consider your concerns valid. We will trust black women have no ulterior motives. We will take a deeper dive and do the analyticals on this topic. But at this time the black man has spoken:respect: