A mixed woman(Black mom/White Dad) says she's tired of Black People not taking her serious when she try's to talk about being a Black woman in America

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I never said I had an issue with Brehs dating mixed women though. I think a lot of y’all just aren’t comprehending my point. I only care about y’all calling them black women, because the need to call them bw, is sometimes motivated by some of yall not wanting to admit that y’all like the look of women who are closer to white. By referring to them as bw, you can still say you date bw, despite the fact that the women arent fully bw.

It’s not something that is said out loud, so I doubt you would hear any Breh admit to it. But I’ve seen many Brehs say they love bw, only to then post zendaya, Jhene aiko types—when in reality those women do not look like black women. it’s a way to skate around the fact that your preference actually isn’t bw like you claim, but more so women who are more ambiguous. Now I’d rather y’all just own up to what you like, and admit that you might find women who look more ambiguous attractive, rather than pretending those women are representive of bw.

the difference is when I’ve dated mixed men, I called them what they are. I call my son’s father mixed. Hell my son used to think his dad was white. Everyone thought it was hilliarious. I’m not going to refer to him as a black man and take away from what actually is representative of a breh, when he isn’t and is only half.

I just want people to keep it real. And real is recognizing that a person who has a nonblack parent is not fully black.

As a bw, I can speak further as to why it’s an issue for bw. We are in a society that is conditioned to put women who are European at the top, and those who are closest to European are generally favored more than those who aren’t. Bw have spoken out about how they’ve seen opportunities meant for black women be given to mixed women, because those mixed women get away with calling themselves black while looking ambiguous and closer to white, which means they gets more privileges and opportunities than a black women with two black parents.

We’ve seen this take place in acting for example—you gave ambiguous mixed women continuing to take roles where they are playing the black mother, girlfriend, daughter etc, instead of actual bw. In other words they get chosen by whites who recognize they are closer to white but aren’t white and therefore can represent bw, despite not being a full bw. That takes away from actual bw.

So the issue with continuing to have this
large umbrella of what can constitute as black, means those who just skate the lines can get the benefits that are meant for full black people. It gives white people the opportunity to pretend as if they’re being inclusive and giving bw a shot by picking women who are actually closer to them…

When we give mixed people their own category, we then give black people a more defined notion of what blackness is, we also get more opportunities and actual (and fair)representation. We are not trying to discount mixed peoples experiences or tell them they can’t claim or talk about their experiences or their blackness. We’re simply saying they have another side too-it makes them unique from us, and we want them to get a unique identity that fully represents both sides of their background.

If we were in a society that did not give advantages and opportunities to people who are closer to white, this wouldn’t be a big deal.. but we aren’t in that society. And I see mixed people as mixed and therefore not representive of me as a blacks person with two black parents.

I get what you are saying and your experiences as a bw are valid, here is my issue though...

1. I have lived in societies (Latin America) where mixed and Black are separate categories. It sounds great but trust me, it doesn't make life easier for any Black people especially bw. If White folks want to choose a mixed woman, they still will but the difference is mixed women will actively be at odds with bw in that scenario. BW and BM still get kicked to the bottom.

Part of the reason the US Black community has had successes other Blacks in this hemisphere have not is that we had a unified front. Many of our leaders and famous people had a White parent but identified as Black and contributed to the struggle.

This mulatto class BS has both sides fighting over the scraps and White people's favor. Trust me, look at the history of these nations like Haiti, DR, Brazil etc.

2. Bushing mixed people to another category just because of what White people do is ultimately harmful I think. If we bushed mixed women are White folks going to stop using them to represent BW, Black beauty, etc.? Probably not. The problem is we don't control our own image or the media. When you have Black production control, this problem is less. In the 90s, while you had women like Halle Berry and Salli Richardson a lot of non-mixed Black women got cast. In the streaming era where a lot of non-Blacks are making films with Black folks for whatever reason, this causes the problem.

Also, if we are using entertainment as the yardstick, it is based in LA and NYC which have some of the largest mixed Black populations in the country. Not justifying it but in ATL or Charlotte I don't see this as big of an issue.

I am just really wary of this new "mixed not Black" trend like @murksiderock stated. I have yet to see how rejecting pro-Black mixed people is a win for us. Until we find a way to set our own rules, changing what mixed women or men are called isn't going to change our situation.

Now if they don't want to be Black, I tip my hat and let them go their way. If they get a wake up call, it's not on us.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I get what you are saying and your experiences as a bw are valid, here is my issue though...

1. I have lived in societies (Latin America) where mixed and Black are separate categories. It sounds great but trust me, it doesn't make life easier for any Black people especially bw. If White folks want to choose a mixed woman, they still will but the difference is mixed women will actively be at odds with bw in that scenario. BW and BM still get kicked to the bottom.

Part of the reason the US Black community has had successes other Blacks in this hemisphere have not is that we had a unified front. Many of our leaders and famous people had a White parent but identified as Black and contributed to the struggle.

This mulatto class BS has both sides fighting over the scraps and White people's favor. Trust me, look at the history of these nations like Haiti, DR, Brazil etc.

2. Bushing mixed people to another category just because of what White people do is ultimately harmful I think. If we bushed mixed women are White folks going to stop using them to represent BW, Black beauty, etc.? Probably not. The problem is we don't control our own image or the media. When you have Black production control, this problem is less. In the 90s, while you had women like Halle Berry and Salli Richardson a lot of non-mixed Black women got cast. In the streaming era where a lot of non-Blacks are making films with Black folks for whatever reason, this causes the problem.

Also, if we are using entertainment as the yardstick, it is based in LA and NYC which have some of the largest mixed Black populations in the country. Not justifying it but in ATL or Charlotte I don't see this as big of an issue.

I am just really wary of this new "mixed not Black" trend like @murksiderock stated. I have yet to see how rejecting pro-Black mixed people is a win for us. Until we find a way to set our own rules, changing what mixed women or men are called isn't going to change our situation.

Now if they don't want to be Black, I tip my hat and let them go their way. If they get a wake up call, it's not on us.
1. I completely understand where your coming from. It may be one of the cons but it doesn’t negate the fact that biracial people are only half black—so why is a person with a white parent the equivalent of a black person with two black parents. It doesn’t work that way in any other community but ours and it’s one of the reasons why we have a hard time defining blackness, because we’ve allowed anyone who has a drop of blackness to call themselves black despite the clear differences and experiences they have as people who are closer to whites than we are.

Our community isn’t as united as we used to be. But I get where your coming from. I don’t see why mixed people can’t work together with black people, by simply acknowledging that they are mixed not black. That means they do share some similarities in experiences and can still have a role in our community without being a representation of our community.

Many Bw already see themselves at odds with mixed women. This is where I think Brehs don’t quite get that part. there is a reason bw don’t want biracial to be classified as black.

2. It isn’t just about what white people do, it’s about how much actual two parent black women feel about their representation. Bw dont feel like mixed women represent them. Bw can’t relate to some areas of a mixed women’s journey. We don’t know what it’s like to have a white mother, or white relatives. To have that proximity to whiteness but also be rejected by that very same whiteness. We don’t know what it’s like to not feel accepted in two opposite communities or to be conflicted about racial identity.

And we are no longer in the Jim Crow days. We are now in a society where we are exploring how differences in background do in fact shape us, and differentiate us from others.

There’s a reason there’s been more of a push for black Americans to call themselves descendants of slaves—we recognize that we are not necessarily the same as black people from the continent of Africa or even the UK. And that’s okay.

As we continue to make those distinctions, yes I do see black women in particular pushing biracial women out, while black men continue wanting to hold on. i don’t know what to say except y’all are going to have to come to terms with the fact that many bw don’t feel like y’all do on this.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
If you're a light skinned or mixed woman there is a layer of privilege that they have received their entire life. They are thirsted over by most Black men (let's be honest) and they can move around in white circles mostly unabated. I'm not saying there aren't struggles but its not at the same level for someone of a darker hue and wider nose and bigger lips.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
If you're a light skinned or mixed woman there is a layer of privilege that they have received their entire life. They are thirsted over by most Black men (let's be honest) and they can move around in white circles mostly unabated. I'm not saying there aren't struggles but its not at the same level for someone of a darker hue and wider nose and bigger lips.
Right. I have no idea what it’s like to be dark skinned so I try hard to be empathetic and recognize their experiences. But even light skinned women from two blacks look less like biracial women than they used to. these days mixed people are looking more and more ambiguous than what they used to and they look less like bw than they used to.

They also have a privilege and proximity to opportunities that non ambiguous two parent bw don’t have. Most bw don’t look at a zendaya and think that she looks like them or represents them. Yet people want her to be called black.

We have no idea what it’s like to have a white parent or to be rejected by whites. And yes the other aspect is the overhyping of mixed women by bm and even bw for certain features they possess. Features that are typically seen on whites.

Like I said in the other post, I’ve noticed more Brehs arguing in behalf of continuing to assert that mixed people are black, then bw. lol.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
1. I completely understand where your coming from. It may be one of the cons but it doesn’t negate the fact that biracial people are only half black—so why is a person with a white parent the equivalent of a black person with two black parents. It doesn’t work that way in any other community but ours and it’s one of the reasons why we have a hard time defining blackness, because we’ve allowed anyone who has a drop of blackness to call themselves black despite the clear differences and experiences they have as people who are closer to whites than we are.

Our community isn’t as united as we used to be. But I get where your coming from. I don’t see why mixed people can’t work together with black people, by simply acknowledging that they are mixed not black. That means they do share some similarities in experiences and can still have a role in our community without being a representation of our community.

Many Bw already see themselves at odds with mixed women. This is where I think Brehs don’t quite get that part. there is a reason bw don’t want biracial to be classified as black.

2. It isn’t just about what white people do, it’s about how much actual two parent black women feel about their representation. Bw dont feel like mixed women represent them. Bw can’t relate to some areas of a mixed women’s journey. We don’t know what it’s like to have a white mother, or white relatives. To have that proximity to whiteness but also be rejected by that very same whiteness. We don’t know what it’s like to not feel accepted in two opposite communities or to be conflicted about racial identity.

And we are no longer in the Jim Crow days. We are now in a society where we are exploring how differences in background do in fact shape us, and differentiate us from others.

There’s a reason there’s been more of a push for black Americans to call themselves descendants of slaves—we recognize that we are not necessarily the same as black people from the continent of Africa or even the UK. And that’s okay.

As we continue to make those distinctions, yes I do see black women in particular pushing biracial women out, while black men continue wanting to hold on. i don’t know what to say except y’all are going to have to come to terms with the fact that many bw don’t feel like y’all do on this.

I get your stance too and am not trying to hate. I am an ADOS male but am worried that, overall, the Black community is becoming too factional. Since Jim Crow we have seen a big class divide open up and now people want to throw complexion, parent ethnicity, and mixed raced heritage into that mix too. Granted all of this existed before but it was subsumed in our larger struggle. Maybe if we were on top and could afford to squabble I would feel better, but we aren't. We'll see where this goes I guess...

Many biracials I have talked weren't fully accepted by their non-Black family but found acceptance in the Black side of their family (if they were close to them). I don't think we should be ashamed of that. I understand how most bw are being disadvantaged vs. mixed women in some fields but how do you reject someone and say "let's still work together". If this is where we want to go, let's be clear: a bunch of Doja Cats saying c00n/cringe shyt better not upset anyone.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I never said I had an issue with Brehs dating mixed women though. I think a lot of y’all just aren’t comprehending my point. I only care about y’all calling them black women, because the need to call them bw, is sometimes motivated by some of yall not wanting to admit that y’all like the look of women who are closer to white. By referring to them as bw, you can still say you date bw, despite the fact that the women arent fully bw.

It’s not something that is said out loud, so I doubt you would hear any Breh admit to it. But I’ve seen many Brehs say they love bw, only to then post zendaya, Jhene aiko types—when in reality those women do not look like black women. it’s a way to skate around the fact that your preference actually isn’t bw like you claim, but more so women who are more ambiguous. Now I’d rather y’all just own up to what you like, and admit that you might find women who look more ambiguous attractive, rather than pretending those women are representive of bw.

the difference is when I’ve dated mixed men, I called them what they are. I call my son’s father mixed. Hell my son used to think his dad was white. Everyone thought it was hilliarious. I’m not going to refer to him as a black man and take away from what actually is representative of a breh, when he isn’t and is only half.

I just want people to keep it real. And real is recognizing that a person who has a nonblack parent is not fully black.

As a bw, I can speak further as to why it’s an issue for bw. We are in a society that is conditioned to put women who are European at the top, and those who are closest to European are generally favored more than those who aren’t. Bw have spoken out about how they’ve seen opportunities meant for black women be given to mixed women, because those mixed women get away with calling themselves black while looking ambiguous and closer to white, which means they gets more privileges and opportunities than a black women with two black parents.

We’ve seen this take place in acting for example—you gave ambiguous mixed women continuing to take roles where they are playing the black mother, girlfriend, daughter etc, instead of actual bw. In other words they get chosen by whites who recognize they are closer to white but aren’t white and therefore can represent bw, despite not being a full bw. That takes away from actual bw.

So the issue with continuing to have this
large umbrella of what can constitute as black, means those who just skate the lines can get the benefits that are meant for full black people. It gives white people the opportunity to pretend as if they’re being inclusive and giving bw a shot by picking women who are actually closer to them…

When we give mixed people their own category, we then give black people a more defined notion of what blackness is, we also get more opportunities and actual (and fair)representation. We are not trying to discount mixed peoples experiences or tell them they can’t claim or talk about their experiences or their blackness. We’re simply saying they have another side too-it makes them unique from us, and we want them to get a unique identity that fully represents both sides of their background.

If we were in a society that did not give advantages and opportunities to people who are closer to white, this wouldn’t be a big deal.. but we aren’t in that society. And I see mixed people as mixed and therefore not representive of me as a blacks person with two black parents.

Light skin bw with two black parents is still black. There is a reason more bw are hesitant about mixed women being referred to as bw. Bw from two black parents do not see mixed women as true representation of who bw are and feel that there are differences in the experiences of a mixed women versus a bw. I can’t speak on if it’s the same for men.

We do not want mixed women to be lumped in with us. We want them to have their own category and be called what they are:biracial. I can say with confidence that more bw feel like me about this issue than y’all even recognize.

Light skinned bw with two black parents are still black. A mixed women with one nonblack parent is half. And it is okay to acknowledge that. Now if Brehs have no issue with mixed men being called black or mixed women being called black that’s fine.

But I find that in these discussions, bw are just not agreeing with y’all on this and it’s a for reason. Y’all aren’t women so it’s not something y’all can fully grip.

Black women don’t want mixed women in our category. citing cornel west, neely fuller, and your stance on blackness isn’t going to change the bw’s POV on this matter. We stand where we stand and I do eventually see bw pushing mixed women out of the black women category.

Right. I have no idea what it’s like to be dark skinned so I try hard to be empathetic and recognize their experiences. But even light skinned women from two blacks look less like biracial women than they used to. these days mixed people are looking more and more ambiguous than what they used to and they look less like bw than they used to.

They also have a privilege and proximity to opportunities that non ambiguous two parent bw don’t have. Most bw don’t look at a zendaya and think that she looks like them or represents them. Yet people want her to be called black.

We have no idea what it’s like to have a white parent or to be rejected by whites. And yes the other aspect is the overhyping of mixed women by bm and even bw for certain features they possess. Features that are typically seen on whites.

Like I said in the other post, I’ve noticed more Brehs arguing in behalf of continuing to assert that mixed people are black, then bw. lol.

Like other brothers in here, I may disagree with you but I respect your opinion and right to feel the way you do. I'm cool with agreeing to disagree...

Look, I find your views on this very divisive, it's literally creating an "us vs them" thing that doesn't need to exist. I also understand that while some black women (and men) feel how you do, others do not, and we gotta be careful speaking in "representation" of black people because there are black women with two black parents who don't agree with you, and as this thread shows there are black men with two black parents who don't agree with me.

There is a whole lot of nuance in this conversation that your doubling down misses, and there's a real issue with claiming brothers lust over "mixed'/ambiguous women because they want to still be able to say they love black women, and not once have you applied this to black women who "lust" after the Drake's...

I've never heard anyone claim Zendaya as anything, she really isn't a topic black men of my age (I'm 33 so basically 30+) talk about offline, and this using entertainment as the yardstick are neglecting actual parts of REPRESENTATION that matter. It's making something more complicated than it actually is----->if Zendaya looked the way she does and otherwise lived her life identical to how she has but was a regular Jane, most black people wouldn't have a second thought of not identifying her with us because she doesn't move around in black spaces...

Jhene grew up amongst blackness and identifies with us, we all know she's Asian in part but she didn't grow up "Asian" with Asian experiences in Asian neighborhoods, she just has parents who are part Asian. Neither of her parents are even "full" Asian by your definition anyway. I grew up directly with a Philipina/black chick three blocks from me, we all knew her mother was Philipina and she had some Asian facial features; I have a SISTER who will be 26 this month, who has a Philipina/black mother, and my sister herself has some lighter features; I've never heard any of these people, and these are people close and I'm close proximity to me, identify as nonblack or consider themselves as erasing their nonblack side because they identify as black, but these people also grew up amongst black people...

This convo is a mess, I appreciate your perspective but the division is wild to me, because our biracial black people have been leaders for us and this "representation" you spoke of us isn't invalidated because these people of those backgrounds have still experienced blackness in their way. There are black people of two black parents who don't experience blackness the way we do for a variety of factors, all it means is we grew up different.

And to again simplify my stance on this, because I don't think this is nearly as complex as we've made it seem, biracials with nonblacks who don't identify as black people or with us AREN'T us, they choose to mate and procreate with nonblacks for their reasons and the majority if us aren't tripping in that. I'm not talking online, I'm talking offline and the reality of our culture. You have a nonblack parent and don't identify with us for whatever reason, and choose to have kids and live and move in nonblack spaces, we don't really care...

But despite the push this social media era is giving to this "mixed" class, we both know the MAJORITY of biracial blacks are welcome with us and choose to identify with their blackness, and most of then grow up in black spaces anyway so relating to their blackness isn't foreign or something they need to learn anyway. And those are the biracials we claim, because they claim themselves...

It's always been that way here in America and we're letting the opinions of a relative few, via these stupid post-2010s era social media propaganda, speak for us as a whole, and I'm not with that...

Blackness is beautiful and sacred, as well it should be, and our variety of experiences should be publicized and celebrated, not divided and lionized. We can easily say that a woman with two black parents had a different household than a woman with one and speak on how that marked some different experiences for both without this "us vs them" shyt. My uncle I spoke of earlier, I'm very close to, I had a white mom and grew up under her and in proximity to both his black dad's and white mom's side; of course he didn't have the same experience I did with two black parents, but HIS black experience isn't invalidated to me because he has a white mother....

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I get your stance too and am not trying to hate. I am an ADOS male but am worried that, overall, the Black community is becoming too factional. Since Jim Crow we have seen a big class divide open up and now people want to throw complexion, parent ethnicity, and mixed raced heritage into that mix too. Granted all of this existed before but it was subsumed in our larger struggle. Maybe if we were on top and could afford to squabble I would feel better, but we aren't. We'll see where this goes I guess...

Many biracials I have talked weren't fully accepted by their non-Black family but found acceptance in the Black side of their family (if they were close to them). I don't think we should be ashamed of that. I understand how most bw are being disadvantaged vs. mixed women in some fields but how do you reject someone and say "let's still work together". If this is where we want to go, let's be clear: a bunch of Doja Cats saying c00n/cringe shyt better not upset anyone.

A similar phenomenon occured during the Arab invasion of Africa. But they mated with African women and made the offspring Arab. Arab men would then use their half-African (now considered Arab) offspring to undermine various African societies.

I don't really care for folks personal experiences as everyone has a personal experience. What matters is what works, and what will help us moving forward.

All these subdivisions generate confusion and are dumb imo.
Negros want to keep dividing and pushing folks out who are today "biracial", tomorrow lightskin, and in the future those who have a white paternal haplogroup.

Senseless purity tests are - and have always been - dumb and regressive yet here we are.

All you can really do to offset regressive discussions is educate younger folks about their history, all the other bullshyt will fall by the wayside. History is the guiding star not someone's personal experiences.

I am an ADOS man as well.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte

You’re right. My cousins and other relatives have all been rejected by whites but embraced by us. We are a very accepting community… i don’t like the idea of factions within our community— but I do think it’s important to acknowledge that two parent black people do differ from one black parent biracials.
Like other brothers in here, I may disagree with you but I respect your opinion and right to feel the way you do. I'm cool with agreeing to disagree...

Look, I find your views on this very divisive, it's literally creating an "us vs them" thing that doesn't need to exist. I also understand that while some black women (and men) feel how you do, others do not, and we gotta be careful speaking in "representation" of black people because there are black women with two black parents who don't agree with you, and as this thread shows there are black men with two black parents who don't agree with me.

There is a whole lot of nuance in this conversation that your doubling down misses, and there's a real issue with claiming brothers lust over "mixed'/ambiguous women because they want to still be able to say they love black women, and not once have you applied this to black women who "lust" after the Drake's...

I've never heard anyone claim Zendaya as anything, she really isn't a topic black men of my age (I'm 33 so basically 30+) talk about offline, and this using entertainment as the yardstick are neglecting actual parts of REPRESENTATION that matter. It's making something more complicated than it actually is----->if Zendaya looked the way she does and otherwise lived her life identical to how she has but was a regular Jane, most black people wouldn't have a second thought of not identifying her with us because she doesn't move around in black spaces...

Jhene grew up amongst blackness and identifies with us, we all know she's Asian in part but she didn't grow up "Asian" with Asian experiences in Asian neighborhoods, she just has parents who are part Asian. Neither of her parents are even "full" Asian by your definition anyway. I grew up directly with a Philipina/black chick three blocks from me, we all knew her mother was Philipina and she had some Asian facial features; I have a SISTER who will be 26 this month, who has a Philipina/black mother, and my sister herself has some lighter features; I've never heard any of these people, and these are people close and I'm close proximity to me, identify as nonblack or consider themselves as erasing their nonblack side because they identify as black, but these people also grew up amongst black people...

This convo is a mess, I appreciate your perspective but the division is wild to me, because our biracial black people have been leaders for us and this "representation" you spoke of us isn't invalidated because these people of those backgrounds have still experienced blackness in their way. There are black people of two black parents who don't experience blackness the way we do for a variety of factors, all it means is we grew up different.

And to again simplify my stance on this, because I don't think this is nearly as complex as we've made it seem, biracials with nonblacks who don't identify as black people or with us AREN'T us, they choose to mate and procreate with nonblacks for their reasons and the majority if us aren't tripping in that. I'm not talking online, I'm talking offline and the reality of our culture. You have a nonblack parent and don't identify with us for whatever reason, and choose to have kids and live and move in nonblack spaces, we don't really care...

But despite the push this social media era is giving to this "mixed" class, we both know the MAJORITY of biracial blacks are welcome with us and choose to identify with their blackness, and most of then grow up in black spaces anyway so relating to their blackness isn't foreign or something they need to learn anyway. And those are the biracials we claim, because they claim themselves...

It's always been that way here in America and we're letting the opinions of a relative few, via these stupid post-2010s era social media propaganda, speak for us as a whole, and I'm not with that...

Blackness is beautiful and sacred, as well it should be, and our variety of experiences should be publicized and celebrated, not divided and lionized. We can easily say that a woman with two black parents had a different household than a woman with one and speak on how that marked some different experiences for both without this "us vs them" shyt. My uncle I spoke of earlier, I'm very close to, I had a white mom and grew up under her and in proximity to both his black dad's and white mom's side; of course he didn't have the same experience I did with two black parents, but HIS black experience isn't invalidated to me because he has a white mother....
with all due respect you aren’t bw. Bw define who they are—it’s not up to Brehs. If bw in mass, pushed biracial women out of their category, (because one thing you have to admit is that when bw come together to push for something man look they getting it done…) there wouldn’t be much you and other bm could do to prevent bw from defining for ourselves what we see as bw.

I know far far more bw who take issue with someone like jhene aiko identifying as a bw, regardless of her experiences, because she does not look like us nor does she depict the majority of us, regardless of her upbringing and her one black parent.
My argument is that people can have those experiences, be influenced by us, celebrate their black side AND also recognize and acknowledge that they are not fully black and aren’t representations of two parent black people.

I used zendaya and other celebrities as a yardstick in this thread because they’re women everyone knows-not a random mixed women I may know that you don’t and therefore don’t know what she looks like or is like. In other words it’s to give context to what I mean when I talk about ambiguous biracials.

And yes I know plenty who have called zendaya black, or who talk about her as a love interest even if you don’t.

I wonder if it’s because of the pattern of biracial women you’ve dated that you find this perspective divisive?

It seems like you think I’m trying to say that biracial people shouldn’t be able to talk about, identify with, or celebrate their black heritage or that their experiences don’t matter. That’s not true. my grievance is really that they are biracial not black and should not be lumped in with us or depicted/representations of a two parent black person. I also don’t discount the contributions and history of biracials in our community, by asserting that they identify as biracial…

As a breh, you don’t have much power in how bw choose to define themselves or represent themselves. So if bw were to push biracial women out, as I said I do see some Brehs continuing to call them bw anyway lol and that’s fine. But y’all can’t force bw to see biracial women as bw or to continue keeping them in the category of bw, if bw decide they don’t want them to.

You may see me as divisive but I’m presenting another perspective from bw that differs from your perspective. We can agree to disagree.

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
This mixed woman says she tired of yall Black people treating her like she can't talk about the struggles of being a Black woman in America because her daddy is a white man.

Do yall think a mixed woman(Black mom/White dad) is qualified to speak on the struggles of being a Black person in America or do yall look at her like... "You ain't black... you're mixed so you shouldn't be trying to talk about Black people's problems."

angry mulatto babble :camby:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
After checking that confused mulatto's (who says she's Black) tiktok she went from dating men (likely cacs) to dating white women.

So that's that

:mjpls:
giphy.gif

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I look at it like this. She doesn't look white so she's going to be looked at as black in this society and treated as she's black. She looks like a light skinned black woman and if any racist encounters her, they would treat her the same as they treat me, a dark skinned black man.
how much racism in this day and age do light skinned people experience in comparison to those with darker complexions?

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I'm technically bi racial/mixed my dna

no you're not :mjlol:

Black is an identity, and light skin came about due to slave masters taking liberties with the women.
if you're light skin as a result of that you're NOT biracial.

biracial has always meant 1 parent of 1 race and 1 of another race

you sounding real :mjpls: tryna make yourself "biracial" :francis: