A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
its ok were playing foreskins the previous week, we can prolly rest starters and play gabbert and lattimore/hunter the second half :pachaha:
Yea but Thursday night games are terrible all around

Players just aren't ready

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Only 2 early games :ehh: I wonder if we are gonna stay in the East Coast like we've done the last couple of seasons.

Strength of schedule is always relative each season so it is what it is :manny: I still think we are gonna have a very tough year so I wont get my hopes up before the 1st Seahawks game, at that point we'll have a very clear picture if we are still a legit force even with all the changes.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Ravens get trade buzz rumors flowing, could move up for Odell Beckham Jr. be on 49ers radar? - Niners Nation

So who might the 49ers be interested in if they did move up? Well, according to Eric Branch, maybe it's LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. Branch is reporting a source is hearing the "same buzz" he heard last year that the 49ers were interested in an LSU player. A year ago March, Branch wrote this article discussing a source saying the 49ers had "spent plenty of time doing background" on Eric Reid. I would imagine he is using the same source in this instance.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
lots of rumors about the niners moving up, evans also seems to be out there in the buzz

i bet the niners trade but to get a cb

nobody has been able to predict what balke does before any draft so far. its all misdirection

I like Beckham. Wouldn't be mad at all if we got him.

@Shugg Ross what's the deal with him?

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
beckham is the reason why i'm not 100% sold on baalke taking a CB in round 1. he'd be perfect for us. arguably the best downfield threat at WR and also has value in the return game if we end up trading lamichael

i'm all for it

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I dont care much for any WR in the first round since we picked up lloyd, unless we're not planning to re-up crabs
and if were planning not to re up crabs, I have my doubts because theres no way we develop a WR in a year, and at the end of the year we'd be facing a question mark in that WR. ie, we wont know any better until crabs is gone if the rookie WR is good enough. thats a risk Im not willing to take, especially with our offense and coaching staff

the hole at CB is too glaring as well. Im already worried since we start off the year facing off against dez, marshall, jeffery and fitz, and even if we get corners in 1st round, it will take some time for them and bethea to gel.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the hole at CB is too glaring as well. Im already worried since we start off the year facing off against dez, marshall, jeffery and fitz, and even if we get corners in 1st round, it will take some time for them and bethea to gel.

i can see the defense taking a significant step back to start the season. we'll have new pieces in the secondary, no bowman, potentially no aldon, and an older cowboy/willis/brooks

no matter if we go CB or WR in the first round, the offense is going to have to put numbers on the boards (no pusha t) for us to win games in the beginning since the defense won't be at its best until late in the season

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well niner brehs today The Decision will be made on aldon's 5th year option

what do y'all think is gonna happen? i think it'll be picked up