A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Turn down a 14 mil contract during the season and take a 3 mil from the raiders and lose 2 mil from a workout bonus

Dudes had a rough year
Niners play in Oakland this season. You know T Brown is gonna be extra hyped for that game.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Tough to sit here and watch the rest of the contenders improve while we are idle. :beli:
:manny: we have no money. it will be even more painful after next year when we will let good players go and 95% sure to not not get anyone notable in FA again

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
in other news, chris cook contract is basically a 4.5 month tryout. I guess I can live with that. we have to either get thurmond (unlikely imo) or go corner in draft [or even both]

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:manny: we have no money. it will be even more painful after next year when we will let good players go and 95% sure to not not get anyone notable in FA again

I'm not giving Baalke a pass for this. We had the same cap number as Denver and they are out here making moves.. letting a few guys walk but bringing in others, staying creative. They've still been able to fill holes and/or replace a loss with someone of better value.

Why are we even bringing in guys like Edelman and Sanders and trying to nickel and dime them? It's a waste of time. It's Baalke trying to say to the fan base "Oh we're trying..." without really trying.

:beli:

Daps

Yep.

Team is gonna be crippled soon enough cap wise. If all this draft picks we got don't turn out, window might have closed for a while there.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I'm not giving Baalke a pass for this. We had the same cap number as Denver and they are out here making moves.. letting a few guys walk but bringing in others, staying creative. They've still been able to fill holes and/or replace a loss with someone of better value.

Why are we even bringing in guys like Edelman and Sanders and trying to nickel and dime them? It's a waste of time. It's Baalke trying to say to the fan base "Oh we're trying..." without really trying.

broncos are fukked in 2 years

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
in other news, chris cook contract is basically a 4.5 month tryout. I guess I can live with that. we have to either get thurmond (unlikely imo) or go corner in draft [or even both]
thurmond cant that expensive at all

gotta be like a 2-3m a yr

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

:whoa:
thats not true at all

we are under 5m currently (los contract money comes off in june)

our qb is making 1m and is slated to be a FA after next year, as well as one of our great WRs and our best, young pass rusher and one of the best young guards in league.

baalkes hands are tied. we are here cussing out gabberts contract because its a ton in todays realities. we are descending in salary cap hell after next year, breh why you wanna make it worse ?

broncos are going all in, and will leave pure ruins of a franchise once peyton is gone. they had ton of cap space as a result of them having no players of value besides DT before peyton signed with them. hell, thats one of the reasons they could afford peyton.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
And what are we?

We think money is tight now. Wait til Kaep gets that cash.
i understand this

but the broncos are spending like they dont have big rookie contracts to payout

we arent

i am by far the most concerned about the cap in this thread

go look since the first page, ive been preaching dont give kaep that fukking contract

we will have another 6m available in june