A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
la canfora also said back in november that t brown was on the verge of getting an extension...then it went to t brock. i'm taking this report with a grain of salt :laugh:

i'd bring back whitner before brown but that's just me
I agree about whitner/brown. its funny cuz I wanted whitner GONE after 2011 and 2012 but reid made a big difference. still I think we can do better than whitner and need to start grooming a replacement sooner than later

especially since this CB class looks pretty damn strong seems weird to try to re-up brown before he even hits the market

and yea la canforas shyt is always suspect, I usually dont pay attention to him and other dudes like him (pause) during the season but right now Im grabbing any Niner news out there, lol

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree about whitner/brown. its funny cuz I wanted whitner GONE after 2011 and 2012 but reid made a big difference. still I think we can do better than whitner and need to start grooming a replacement sooner than later

especially since this CB class looks pretty damn strong seems weird to try to re-up brown before he even hits the market

and yea la canforas shyt is always suspect, I usually dont pay attention to him and other dudes like him (pause) during the season but right now Im grabbing any Niner news out there, lol

whitner surprised me this year. he was much improved in coverage. not sure if we can continue to expect that kind of pro bowl caliber play from him moving forward but him and reid are real good for each other

i'd actually let brown walk. he turned into a solid CB for us but he's already 29 and i'm seeing more and more corners fall off after they turn 30. better to let him go now than later. i hope we bring back perrish cox and spend an early pick on another CB

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
whitner surprised me this year. he was much improved in coverage. not sure if we can continue to expect that kind of pro bowl caliber play from him moving forward but him and reid are real good for each other

i'd actually let brown walk. he turned into a solid CB for us but he's already 29 and i'm seeing more and more corners fall off after they turn 30. better to let him go now than later. i hope we bring back perrish cox and spend an early pick on another CB
yea cox is underrated. we havent heard anything on los either, cant imagine he doesnt at least re-structure. also I guess we arent doing anything to Frankie's contract this year.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea cox is underrated. we havent heard anything on los either, cant imagine he doesnt at least re-structure. also I guess we arent doing anything to Frankie's contract this year.

i'd rather see los cut. we need to get younger at CB

as far as frank goes, i think he'll play at his full salary in his last year. he's not gonna accept a pay cut cuz he knows we won't cut him. the FO has no leverage there

Daps
that o-line did nothing against seattle and honestly they have regressed. im glad iputati has been playing hard ball on a extension, hes starting to break down

Starting to break down?

He's in his mid 20's and this is his first major injury.

The o-line didn't throw 2 interceptions in the 4th quarter.

Daps
:mjlol:

if management is any smart, they should let him bet on himself and save some guap at least short-term. we save like 25m these two years alone.
and in two years we'll have a better understanding of him as a passer and price tag wont be mostly potential. Id rather pay him 25m after I know hes a great passer than be stuck with an albatross a qb whose main asset is legs. those extra 5m per for 5 years will amount to same 25m we'd save over these two years

If this dude wants 20m he can go fukk himself honestly.

You aint worth 18, let alone 20.

You said it well earlier put a franchise tag on him, see if anyone bites, if they do, they can fukking have him.

This the same dude that was throwing for 90,120 yard games during the season and we're gonna give him 20m? Please don't.

Daps
Ok Kap is getting greedy now, 16-18 milly is reasonable, if he wants over 20, then let him prove it. Play out the rookie contract, and bring home the SB trophy, or at the very least, show that you are a top 5 QB out there, because paying that type of money means letting key players walk or get traded.

The thing is too, Crabtree made him significantly better.

During the season he was marginal at best w/out Crabs.

This 20m contract will have Crabs playing in Dallas in no time.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Starting to break down?

That oline only mustered about 12 yards for frank

First major injury after many mini injuries

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How much is crabs worth as a fa?

Some experts don't even have him listed as a top 20 wr

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
That oline only mustered about 12 yards for frank

First major injury after many mini injuries

O-Linemen even the best ones tend to get knicked up all the time, whether its turf toe, or bruises and sprains here and there. But last year was his first real injury actually we have dodged more bullets than most when it comes to that, but it will have little impact on his market value.

Dallas is in salary cap hell, especially since DeMarcus Ware basically told them he's not taking a paycut. They won't be able to afford Crabtree, St. Louis on the other hand.....

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dallas is in salary cap hell, especially since DeMarcus Ware basically told them he's not taking a paycut. They won't be able to afford Crabtree, St. Louis on the other hand.....

they got some serious management issues, how the fuk does a team end up 25 mil over the cap?

thats how u figure out the teams who plan for the future and a team that plans for the now

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Starting to break down?

Oline is kinda overrated. Need an upgrade on Goodwin and Davis has been inconsistent.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this dude wants 20m he can go fukk himself honestly.

You aint worth 18, let alone 20.

You said it well earlier put a franchise tag on him, see if anyone bites, if they do, they can fukking have him.

This the same dude that was throwing for 90,120 yard games during the season and we're gonna give him 20m? Please don't.

How do you calculate value? In general.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

A 2nd year QB playing in a run heavy offense and a questionable OC was marginal at best when he lost his top 2 receiving options? Well color me shocked! Man, I'm not really feeling making Colin a top 3-4 paid QB in the league but I'm not going to act like he was the driving force behind our anemic offense. When he gets that mega deal, then you can direct all your blame, frustrations, whatever to him.

I don't understand folk having meltdowns over speculation.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

The CB class is very strong this year, so I think they'll let Brown walk. I think talking to him now is just seeing where he's at mentally. They'll let him test the FA market (like they did with Los) and if he doesn't find anything to his liking, they'll likely negotiate with him. It's funny, because he's a solid corner and any other year he'd be able to get a good deal, but since this draft class is so deep at corner, it's gonna effect the FA market, too.

As far as Whitner, I think they need to bring him back. The Safety class in the draft isn't deep at all, and once you get past Clinton-Dix and Pryor, they safties kind of fall off. Unless we were to get one of those 2, I wouldn't feel comfortable starting a rookie back there with Reid. I still think we draft a safety to groom, but I think it's imperative that we keep Whitner.