A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I honestly think this team is gonna be the best team we've assembled. I think offensively we will be pretty potent at WR. This is the best WR core we've had since the TO days with Tai Streets and JJ Stokes:huhldup:. I think our run game is gonna be a problem when sorted out. I dont know whats gonna happen. Hell Carlos or Lattimore might take the start and Frank sits back until the playoffs well rested. All I know is someone good is gonna get cut (prolly Lamichael). Idk whats gonna happen at RB but this is the spot im really watching in training camp.

Our defense to me has been upgraded. We drafted all our replacements in our recent drafts. We have really good depth on the Dline and at Olb. The Bowman situation hurts but P Willy has held down the Mike before he can do it again. Tank in the nickel is gonna be a prob. I believe he's gonna take Justin Smiths role in those situations. The only position where im a lil worried is CB but it cant be worse than watching Carlos and Brown get torched. Brock has been ballin. I think if Cully can return to form and Ward pans out we'll be ok. Plus Cox and Morris fighting for that dime spot. We good at safety and I think Bethea is a good replacement for Whitner for the sure tackling and no penalties caused by someone just tryna blow up people instead of just making the tackle. Eric Ried is gonna be a field general the boy is smart.

Our Oline is solid. Boone can take a seat if he thinks Baalke is gonna blink. Its not happening. Looney could take his spot if he aint careful. VD too. We just paid you and you wanna go pop off about getting paid. Have a seat bruh. Its not happening. Especially now that we gotta pay Crabs and Iupati. All in all I think we're good:win:.
he became my favorite player on the team, when rice got hurt

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers have had a rocky offseason with key players dealing with off-the-field issues.

As the team left its mandatory three-day minicamp Thursday -- a break that will last until July 23, when veterans report for training camp -- coach Jim Harbaugh gave his players a pointed message.

"Beware with whom you associate," Harbaugh said of his message to players. "It's very important to know your surroundings. Friend or foe? There always seem to be a foe. Get in football position. See around corners, under doors, and anticipate. But mainly surround yourselves around good people."

[+] Enlarge
Christian Petersen/Getty ImagesBefore the San Francisco 49ers broke from minicamp, coach Jim Harbaugh delivered a pointed message after an offseason in which key players dealt with off-field issues.

Harbaugh's words resonated with quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Earlier this month, Miami police ended a two month-plus investigation of a possible sexual assault by not charging Kaepernick along with 49ers receiver Quinton Patton and Seattle receiver Ricardo Lockette. There was no evidence of wrongdoing found in the investigation.

Asked if he is more careful of his surroundings, Kaepernick said: "A lot more."

"Since I've really started playing, it's something I've been more aware of, and especially in the past few months, it's something obviously you have to be very aware of," he said.

Pass-rusher Aldon Smith is set to be sentenced on three felony gun charges on July 25, which is the 49ers' second day of training camp practices. Smith said Harbaugh's message was a strong one for everyone on the team.

As for his sentencing and a potential NFL suspension, Smith said: "I don't know what's going to happen.

"I'm going to enjoy my month. I'll work out and stay here."

Daps
This is gores last year no matter what

It's good to hear about lattimore talking about taking gores job, his leg must be feeling good

As much as i`d like to see a bit more respect, I like the edge.

Honestly, Frank would salute the man as he had that same hunger to kick bum ass Kevan Barlow off this squad.

And I still got a Barlow jersey....smh

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Honestly, Frank would salute the man as he had that same hunger to kick bum ass Kevan Barlow off this squad.

What a fraud that guy was Kevan Barlow. :snoop:

But I do like the competitive spirit but Frank Gore has defied expectations time and time again, this will make everyone else better, I hope Kendal Hunter and LaMichael James get on it.

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

barlow had a future but gore took it from him

i cant say ive seen a guy as nimble as he was in the open field for his size

oh welllllllllllll

Daps
Best part, I got an autographed football by Barlow for signing up for a credit card.

It's sitting on my desk right now, when people wow at the idea of an autographed football I always have to tell em, it's probably worth less cause of the autograph

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
barlow had a future but gore took it from him

i cant say ive seen a guy as nimble as he was in the open field for his size

oh welllllllllllll

No he didn't he was exposed in that 05 season, he was meant to be short yardage 3rd down back and thats where he excelled, anymore responsibility than that and he was just not capbable of producing at that level.

Daps
Just for fun, I been thinking about getting a new jers for the 2014 year, what jerseys of current roster players do you have? Post em

Red Colin Kaeperenick but it's a bootleg, got it back in 2012 at the end of the year, week before the New England game. Got my daughter one too.

Justin Smith red

Michael Crabtree red

Pat Willis white

Vernon Davis white

Frank Gore red

Navorro Bowman red

Aldon Smith red, but I put that trash away in a box over a year ago.

Vernon, Pat and Frank Maroon last gen jerseys, use them as seat covers.

So i`m thinking either Eric Ried or a White Kaepernick jersey

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Just for fun, I been thinking about getting a new jers for the 2014 year, what jerseys of current roster players do you have? Post em

Red Colin Kaeperenick but it's a bootleg, got it back in 2012 at the end of the year, week before the New England game. Got my daughter one too.

Justin Smith red

Michael Crabtree red

Pat Willis white

Vernon Davis white

Frank Gore red

Navorro Bowman red

Aldon Smith red, but I put that trash away in a box over a year ago.

Vernon, Pat and Frank Maroon last gen jerseys, use them as seat covers.

So i`m thinking either Eric Ried or a White Kaepernick jersey
Im suprised you have any Kaep jerseys with how bad you shyt on him.

1ncognegro

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#SidenikkaGang 804 VA
I got my mint red Ronnie Lott, white Terrell Owens and red Joe Montana in frames on my wall. Got my red Frank Gore (my fav 49er) and white P Willy that I wear. Gonna frame those before the season starts and get me a Kap and Bowman.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Working on doing my annual analysis of our roster from top to bottom, just checking up on the new UDFAs we signed, as a preview to the upcoming training camp. Can't wait for this World Cup to end so we can get to some real football.