A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I'm about to call and threaten DTV that I'm leaving for UVerse again and to get them to give me Sunday Ticket for free. Been with Directv going on 10 years now..... :pachaha:
I tried that. Got a little bit of a discount, but couldn't get it free. Same thing when the NFL strike almost happens over the labor contract.

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
Anybody got average face value prices for various sections at Levi stadium, all these ticket resell sites have truly fukked the game. It's so annoying people buy up tix just to sell them at 3-4x the face value with no intent of ever going to the game. I'm trying to look up tix to the eagles game and nikkas want $200 for section 400 :stopitslime:
breh they not officially on sale yet those are the NFL exchange prices they will go down trust me no way its 300 for a nose bleed
http://www.stubhub.com/san-francisc...santa-clara-levi-s-stadium-9-14-2014-9037676/

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Runningbacks

Frank Gore - People keep saying that we should trade Frank Gore and I keep saying year after year that is silly. I understand he is over the hill in terms of running back years but quite frankly, if Willis McGahee can be a productive player for the years he has (up until 2012) then Frank Gore has at least another three years in him, dude had over 1000 yards rushing again last season cementing him as our all time RB. While is no longer has the downfield speed he had in his younger days, he still hits the holes with elite vision, he runs sqaure and has a low center of gravity allowing him to still break a few tackles and he is still arguably the best pass blocking RB in the NFL, things that don't really show up on the stat sheet. He is a textbook runningback and when I used to volunteer as an O-coordinator on a peewee football team, I alway told young kids to watch him run, thats how you do it. That being said, it's time to reduce the work horses load, we ran him way too much last season and by the time the playoffs came he was gassed. I expect him to either ride out his contract, or extend the years, allowing him to retire a 49 maybe in 3 or 4 years, but he should not get anymore than 40% of the runningback carries, not that he can't do more but we need him infinitely more come playoff time. Grade: A-

Carlos Hyde: I was a little baffled at this pick when we drafted him, though he was the best RB in the draft, I didn't think it was really a position of need for us. We were already stacked at RB and had some question marks there and I thought we were gonna stash another player until next year or so. But I saw some video of this kid and I think that he can do everything young Frank Gore did and he may actually be even faster. There one thing he can do too that I'm not so confident the other backs on the team can do and that is BLOCK, he shows pretty good form and he squares up and is ready for contact. Just off the strength of that he could be the #2 RB this year and the possible heir apparent next year as Frank Gore transitions to a rotational role. The dude is big strong, hard to bring down and has good down hill speed should he find open field. He's kind of like our version of Beast Mode from a physical standpoint.He's not a speed back by any means though. Interested to see how he pans out. Grade: B

Kendall Hunter: Its such a shame he injured himself back in late 2012, and he was probably recovering for much of last year too, well this year he needs to remind us why we drafted him in the 4th round back in 2011. He is a speedy back, that is surprisingly hard to bring down but he thrives in the open field. Problem is that he is an iffy blocker and I don't know if he will show improvement or regress. He may need this training camp the most of all the runningbacks, because he is either to going to see quite a bit of the field or he may find himself on the trade block. Grade: C+

Marcus Lattimore: I saw him play in college and thought he a stud (no homo) RB. even though he suffered from severe knee injuries, I thought he was a steal in the 4th round of last years draft. We didn't need to contribute right away and if he recovers and returns to form we have another potential feature back. That being said, he hasn't played a snap in the NFL and it's going to take all the camps, training camp and a few regular season games to get him into football shape. He is definitely a wildcard. Grade: C+

LaMichael James: We blew a 2nd round pick on a guy that we never really utilized properly. He can't be happy doing return duties knowing he could be a bigger contributor elsewhere. He has gamebreaking speed, but he is a liability in blocking and thats important of you want to run a power offense. Also he does not have the vision or the frame to be a between the tackles runningback though he has bulked up a little since being drafted. I expect us to trade James for 6th rounder or just cut him assuming the aforemention backs play well, we just don't have the room for him. It is sad to see how badly our 2012 draft went and how it will bite us in the azz in a couple of years especially with our precarious salary cap. Grade: C-

Jewel Hampton: I think Jewel Hampton could potentially contribute in special teams as a gunner, but honestly, this is his last chance to show he can make it in the NFL, unless he minds another year of being practice squad player. There are other teams that are thin at RB so he could be claimed this year if he shows some improvement. Grade: F

In conclusion outside of Frank Gore the RB unit this year has a lot of question marks that need to be answered by 2nd-3rd week of pre-season. I think we have a lot of potential talent but thats all it is potential. I think that Hyde could potentially make the rotation, but Kendall Hunter and Marcus Lattimore are in the mix as well. I think we have a very good unit at runningback but I think that the WRs may be better on paper, as a whole even so, the game starts on the ground for us.

Unit Grade: B+

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matie...lks-to-tear-down-Coliseum-despite-5607825.php

Representatives of Coliseum City say they expect to reach a deal with the Raiders by the end of the summer that would lead to the opening of a new football stadium on the existing site by 2018.

"It will be critical to demolish the existing stadium in 2015" if the project is to be finished on time, Coliseum City attorney (and local political powerhouse) Zachary Wasserman said in a July 2 memo to Quan and City Administrator Henry Gardner.

In the meantime, the Raiders "are making arrangements to play elsewhere," Wasserman wrote. Just where that might be, he doesn't say.

County Supervisor Nate Miley - who serves as the Coliseum Authority chairman - called the idea of tearing down the Coliseum "totally preposterous."

"We still owe about $180 million on the stadium," Miley noted, thanks to the mid-1990s makeover that city and county taxpayers paid for to bring the Raiders back from Los Angeles.

"This is either smoke and mirrors," Miley said, "or they are on crack."

i hope these b!tches aint trying to force there way to our stadium

fuk that

Daps
Pics from the final "game" at Candlestick

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...27769426#5bef8fa2-099b-440b-9d15-492e46e3c927

temp0108_49ERSLEGENDS--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG
Twins

Joe & Steve were both there, can't find a picture of them together though

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Daps
was hoping to see a pic of Joe and Steve together, but :manny:

Charles probably telling Aldon "You gotta let your dikk out in the locker room, they'll respect you then!!!"

:laff:

Nah, you gotta beat it off. That's the Haley way.

I couldn't chose a worse person to see Aldon Smith talking to.

Some cool pics in there. Wish Joe would let it go, but that's a true competitor, He`ll never let that beef slide

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
was hoping to see a pic of Joe and Steve together, but :manny:

Charles probably telling Aldon "You gotta let your dikk out in the locker room, they'll respect you then!!!"

:laff:
or you gotta piss on seiferts car door handle

Daps
Naw, sign him long term cause iputati isnt coming back

Nah, apparently we just shouldn't sign anyone.

No Vernon
No Iupati
No Boone
No Crabtree

All you need in this league is that 100m QB.

Remember all those teams that won the SB with their QB making that $20m a year?

Ummmm.....