A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
i don't want to play them again in new orleans but i'm confident we can win. I'm tired of playing teams back to back years on the road. They need to alternate it. I wonder how the NFL does it. Like denver has to play at new england for the 3rd straight year in a row.

These games are predetermined based on where you finish in your division. So no matter what, the 2nd place team in the NFC West was going to play at the 2nd Place team in the NFC South.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These games are predetermined based on where you finish in your division. So no matter what, the 2nd place team in the NFC West was going to play at the 2nd Place team in the NFC South.

right i understand that part, but how do they determine who's home and who's away besides the divisional games.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
For reference, here is the schedule of opponents the 49ers have up until 2017.
So we may play at Dallas again next year if we finish in the same spot.

2015 Regular Season
Home

Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
NFC South Same Place Finisher
Seattle Seahawks (Div.)
St. Louis Rams (Div.)
Arizona Cardinals (Div.)
Away
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
NFC East Same Place Finisher
Seattle Seahawks (Div.)
St. Louis Rams (Div.)
Arizona Cardinals (Div.)

2016 Regular Season
Home

New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New England Patriots
New York Jets
NFC East Same Place Finisher
Seattle Seahawks (Div.)
St. Louis Rams (Div.)
Arizona Cardinals (Div.)
Away
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
NFC North Same Place Finisher
Seattle Seahawks(Div.)
St. Louis Rams (Div.)
Arizona Cardinals (Div.)

2017 Regular Season
Home

Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
NFC South Same Place Finisher
Seattle Seahawks (Div.)
St. Louis Rams (Div.)
Arizona Cardinals (Div.)
Away
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
NFC North Same Place Finisher
Seattle Seahawks (Div.)
St. Louis Rams (Div.)
Arizona Cardinals (Div.)

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'd wait until after the draft to project. Bow went in for surgery today, but he'll probably start on the PUP list and miss the first 6 weeks of the season.

QP's growth will be key, too. Resigning Boldin is a must, in my opinion. I think with he and Crabtree healthy for a full season, it'll allow Kap to grow exponentially.

I actually hope they do that. There's 7 months left for the start of the season and the recovery time is 6-8 months, it would be very stupid to rush him just to have him play in the first 3 weeks. But I have confidence in our staff when it comes to coming back from injuries, they seem to be fine with waiting as long as necessary.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually hope they do that. There's 7 months left for the start of the season and the recovery time is 6-8 months, it would be very stupid to rush him just to have him play in the first 3 weeks. But I have confidence in our staff when it comes to coming back from injuries, they seem to be fine with waiting as long as necessary.

they won't rush him back. bow should take all the time he needs to recover and come back at a high level. it's all about the big picture and hopefully having him ready next january

i have plenty of faith that wilhoite can step in and play well in the meantime. he started a few games while pat was out and did fine

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So with Seattle winning the championship, there's gotta be upped expectations on this whole team.

But especially on Jim and Colin

I think Seattle winning was the best thing that could happen to us regarding the front office being pressured to keep guys like Boldin. Now, there's a fine line between pushing to keep talent and going full retard and give away dumb contracts. But in Paraag and HarBaalke I trust :lawd:

I have more faith in Kaep working on his game than Jim making some changes to his philosophy. As I've said before, I don't see Harbs making real adjustments unless he misses the playoffs.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yup. But honestly, if we don't re-sign Quan and Lattimore isn't able to play to his pre-injury potential, I don't think we'll have a very good season anyway.

We should probably lower our expectations quite a bit for next season. We might still be in it, but there's way too many questions to project anything at this point.

AFC West part of the schedule isn't easy (except for the delinquents across the bay). NFC East games, should win at least 3 of those. Saints might be an issue. Bears ehhhhh. All 6 division games are brutal.

double digit wins will be hard next season no doubt.

Daps
I think Seattle winning was the best thing that could happen to us regarding the front office being pressured to keep guys like Boldin. Now, there's a fine line between pushing to keep talent and going full retard and give away dumb contracts. But in Paraag and HarBaalke I trust :lawd:

I have more faith in Kaep working on his game than Jim making some changes to his philosophy. As I've said before, I don't see Harbs making real adjustments unless he misses the playoffs.

I think the #1 change that Harbaugh needs to make, is the ability to know when it's a good time to take some chances.

He rarely ever risks anything and plays it very conservative too often. 3 years in a row we were a play or two away, at some point he needs to realize we might have to take a big risk to put us over the top.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think the #1 change that Harbaugh needs to make, is the ability to know when it's a good time to take some chances.

He rarely ever risks anything and plays it very conservative too often. 3 years in a row we were a play or two away, at some point he needs to realize we might have to take a big risk to put us over the top.

I completely agree with you. But I feel Harbs is the kinda guy who sees our past losses and thinks "if only X play goes our way, we win a ring/are in the SB". At the end of the day, his approach has given him great resulta in his first 3 years, so it's understandable he want to keep doing more of the same and tries to get better at limiting mistakes in key plays.

I pray to Walsh that I'm 100% wrong in this, but I don't picture Jim adjusting his philosophy unless it fells flat on it's face and we miss the playoffs. Not a "coulda/woulda" situation at the SB or NFCC.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

going from alex to kaep in 2012 was a big risk

what type of other risks do u want harbs to take?

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
We need to develop a legit downfield/deep passing attack ..VD is our only legit deep threat and against Seattle he's pretty much neutralized the way they defend seam routes ..we need another legit threat to run vertical routes to really threaten Earl Thomas he just sits on everything ..lookin back at the Colts Sea game they had success cuz TY is fast enough to get behind them and they ran a lot of deep corners and verticals

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I mean let's be honest, I know every game there are missed calls.... But A LOT of that shyt was undeniable. All this talk about "but this person should've did this" and "well he gotta improve on that" or "we need to get this" fukk that, in all honestly as close as that game was, if the refs would've just gotten half or even a 3rd of them calls right we would've easily won and nothing would've been in doubt.

I get we need to improve, but I don't think we are as bad off as some think..... I'm not worried about our play cuz I think we still have a solid team that's gonna be a problem for years to come. I'm not even that worried about Seattle cuz now they are the team that EVERYONE gonna go hard against and it's gonna be pressure for them to uphold that and they may get exposed, not to mention a lot of they players gonna be demanding that guap, they got a ring, now they wanna get paid.

Naw, I'm more worried about that 13th man. The League gotta tighten up on shyt like this