A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Who did the Cowboys play to start off last season :usure:

The first game of the season was Denver/Baltimore on Thursday night. That's what I was referencing.
They've done it twice I think in the past, but generally they won't do it. People are gonna watch the opening game anyways, so it'd be wise to save Niners/Seahawks for later in the season.
Also, with the Niners debuting a brand new stadium, they'll probably be the Sunday Night week 1 game.

My money is on the Cowboys in Seattle.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I don't think we resign Osgood. I think they'll try and make Nick Moody the special teams go to guy and draft a WR to take Osgoods spot on the WR corp.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, they don't put divisional games on for first games. It'll probably be the Cowboys.

Plus, Seattle has to play at San Francisco first next year.

seattle is going to play denver in the opening game of the season.

I honestly hope we play seattle in like week6 then again in like wk 14. When both teams are acclimated to the season.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The first game of the season was Denver/Baltimore on Thursday night. That's what I was referencing.
They've done it twice I think in the past, but generally they won't do it. People are gonna watch the opening game anyways, so it'd be wise to save Niners/Seahawks for later in the season.
Also, with the Niners debuting a brand new stadium, they'll probably be the Sunday Night week 1 game.

My money is on the Cowboys in Seattle.

We play dallas in dallas this year. We can unveil the stick against the bears or skins. We probably will have to play that 10:15PM game on ESPN as apart of their double header opening week.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
seattle is going to play denver in the opening game of the season.

I honestly hope we play seattle in like week6 then again in like wk 14. When both teams are acclimated to the season.

I doubt that. Not after this Superbowl showing.

I'm telling you, it's gonna be the Cowboys. They've appeared the most on Sunday Night football since it's inception.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
still think we would have a very difficult game against broncos. DT would eat any of our corners lunch one on one and since we dont blitz and suck against screens, thered be tons of dink and dunks completed on our d.

on some moral win type of loser shyt, I guess we lost to SB winners 3 years in a row by less than a TD :snoop:

Yeah i think us and denver would be closer because our secondary is considerably weaker than seattle's. Plus losing Bo hurts us in all aspects. I think we can win because wilson excoriated that defense getting out of the pocket and making plays. It would be something like 27-20 or something like that.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Our schedule next year is :banderas: super duper duper duper tough.

All our "big" games comes on the road.
@ Denver, @ New Orleans, @dallas.

6 tough divisional games

Tough games against KC and Chargers.

Then the bears and skins at home both teams will be better.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

6 tough divisional games

I can't wait until that @ NOLA game...

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

6 tough divisional games

Yup. But honestly, if we don't re-sign Quan and Lattimore isn't able to play to his pre-injury potential, I don't think we'll have a very good season anyway.

We should probably lower our expectations quite a bit for next season. We might still be in it, but there's way too many questions to project anything at this point.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't wait until that @ NOLA game...

i don't want to play them again in new orleans but i'm confident we can win. I'm tired of playing teams back to back years on the road. They need to alternate it. I wonder how the NFL does it. Like denver has to play at new england for the 3rd straight year in a row.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Yup. But honestly, if we don't re-sign Quan and Lattimore isn't able to play to his pre-injury potential, I don't think we'll have a very good season anyway.

We should probably lower our expectations quite a bit for next season. We might still be in it, but there's way too many questions to project anything at this point.

I'd wait until after the draft to project. Bow went in for surgery today, but he'll probably start on the PUP list and miss the first 6 weeks of the season.

QP's growth will be key, too. Resigning Boldin is a must, in my opinion. I think with he and Crabtree healthy for a full season, it'll allow Kap to grow exponentially.