A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I`m glad we got those 2 more years out of him.

But sadly I think he wont retire a 49er, and that will suck. As he is probably my top 3 all time favorite 49ers

Ride out this year and try to trade him next season with a year left on his deal. I hope they can do something long term though.

Daps
Ride out this year and try to trade him next season with a year left on his deal. I hope they can do something long term though.

This is the reality of the post Superstar QB contract.

We're gonna be saying goodbye to a lot of people. But you are right, if we indeed do have to lose him, i`d rather get something back in return.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is the reality of the post Superstar QB contract.

We're gonna be saying goodbye to a lot of people. But you are right, if we indeed do have to lose him, i`d rather get something back in return.

The good thing is that the new holdout rules in the CBA REALLY kills how long he can holdout without losing a shytload of bread. He'll be there for training camp, I'm pretty sure of it.

But next year, he's gone for Baalke mid draft pick more than likely.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well that's good news for perrish cox but bad news for our already shaky CB depth

hows that bad for cox? he was already ahead of him and remember the niners played him in the playoffs instead of wright

this just means more rookies have a chance of making it

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there it is

Wonder why he's calling it quits?

And yeah its good news for Cox and even Cook. It looks like Cook will prob make the team which is something I was hoping wasn't going to happen. CB situation def has me nervous.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/16/vernon-davis-monday-morning-quarterback/

I think among the 31 NFL quarterbacks who don’t throw me passes, Russell Wilson is the best. He’s got all the tools; he has the ability to keep the play alive, and he’s very accurate with a strong arm. He exemplifies what it takes to be a winning QB in the NFL. If you asked me to choose based on record and experience, I’d take Tom Brady or Peyton Manning—but in terms of right now, my pick is Wilson.

:blessed: