A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yup. But really, with the dead money being so little b/c of the small signing bonus. The 9er's can cut him anytime after this season with minimal cap damage. I am no expert, but looks like a pretty creative contract.
yeah I like the contract in the context. still a bit too expensive for my liking, but at least looks like we have a way out if he bombs plus the hits are not as big so we might squeeze out an extra player deal like crabs

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
true, you werent...so much for that hyperbole...

in other news, the VD situation will be extremely interesting to see unfold

they need to take hard stance against him, he has 2 years left

looks like mcdonald will have to step up and the niners are going more 3 wide this year so it will be interesting

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
they need to take hard stance against him, he has 2 years left

looks like mcdonald will have to step up and the niners are going more 3 wide this year so it will be interesting
this team is SO unprepared for that scenario, lol. I like mcdonald but hes still super raw, and celek is far below average. plus coaches love 2TE sets.
kinda in a pickle here. interesting that VD hasnt outright said that he wants the raise yet, hes being kinda diplomatic.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
ayo @dza @FaTaL you think we can get Kaep pitching for the Giants in the offseason instead of that fukkboy timmy ? :patrice: I bet kaep has a better fastball than timmy too

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ayo @dza @FaTaL you think we can get Kaep pitching for the Giants in the offseason instead of that fukkboy timmy ? :patrice: I bet kaep has a better fastball than timmy too
they signed him to that deal to just sell merchandise, at least this zito error is only 2 years

kaep did hit 86 on that first pitch, not bad for a guy who hasnt thrown baseball in 7 years

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this team is SO unprepared for that scenario, lol. I like mcdonald but hes still super raw, and celek is far below average. plus coaches love 2TE sets.
kinda in a pickle here. interesting that VD hasnt outright said that he wants the raise yet, hes being kinda diplomatic.

first, i don't think we'll have to worry about vernon holding out since he straight up said that he'll be at the mandatory minicamp and training camp

second, it's weird to me that vernon mentioned more than once that he'll be paying close attention to jimmy graham's contract situation to see if he gets paid like a WR. vernon lines up as an inline TE the majority of the time so it's not like he'll get paid like a top WR. just hard to tell exactly what VD wants

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
first, i don't think we'll have to worry about vernon holding out since he straight up said that he'll be at the mandatory minicamp and training camp

second, it's weird to me that vernon mentioned more than once that he'll be paying close attention to jimmy graham's contract situation to see if he gets paid like a WR. vernon lines up as an inline TE the majority of the time so it's not like he'll get paid like a top WR. just hard to tell exactly what VD wants
yeah there might be some uknown underlying issue there somewhere. and yeah agreed that VD is far more of a prototypical TE than yimmy ever was. yimmys blocking is not good.