A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
before the draft i would of said osgood is too good on special teams to get rid of but

they didnt draft ellington to get rid of him

baldwin and lloyd are goners for sure unless there willing to release patton which i would say is way too early for that

this might be a run first team but there gonna be in 3 wrs way more this season
like Ive said, I dont understand why people think lloyd wont make the team.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
because you have to get rid of patton or ellington

lloyd hasnt played in a year and hes close to his mid 30s

thats why
I just disagree. this org has embraced WRs with experience like moss, manningham, etc.
if/when lloyd outperforms every wr not named quan and crabs (and maybe stevie) in practice they'll leave him on the roster

lloyd hasnt played not because of age. he was lighting us up in 2012 and multiple teams contacted him for 2013 but he decided to not play last year for whatever reasons

I think a lot of people on here underestimate lloyd

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought lloyd had a 50/50 chance to make the team after he got signed. now after the trade for stevie and the ellington pick, it's more likely that lloyd gets cut

we haven't had this kind of depth at WR in a long time. i think we'll prolly end up carrying 6 WRs like we did in 2012. as it was mentioned, crabs/quan/stevie are locks and there's no way patton/ellington get cut because they are part of the future. osgood looks to have an inside track on the last spot since he's a ST ace. lloyd just seems to be a victim of the numbers game

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i thought lloyd had a 50/50 chance to make the team after he got signed. now after the trade for stevie and the ellington pick, it's more likely that lloyd gets cut

we haven't had this kind of depth at WR in a long time. i think we'll prolly end up carrying 6 WRs like we did in 2012. as it was mentioned, crabs/quan/stevie are locks and there's no way patton/ellington get cut because they are part of the future. osgood looks to have an inside track on the last spot since he's a ST ace. lloyd just seems to be a victim of the numbers game
I mean...I just think with a strong training camp lloyd will make the team. he is a guy with multiple 1k+ seasons and is the only receiver that will give any semblance of deep threat (admittedly, that doesnt mean much to our stuff)

its hard to argue that they prolly wont cut ellington just cuz they just drafted him and osgood is good at ST, tho.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I mean...I just think with a strong training camp lloyd will make the team. he is a guy with multiple 1k+ seasons and is the only receiver that will give any semblance of deep threat (admittedly, that doesnt mean much to our stuff)

its hard to argue that they prolly wont cut ellington just cuz they just drafted him and osgood is good at ST, tho.

even with all of these weapons i feel like roman is gonna fukk it up somehow.
with all these receivers we could've just used ellington pick on another corner then :why:

i'm on the fence about the pick. i really like ellington and happy the 9ers got him, but there were good players left at that slot that would have really helped fill a need for this season. besides, the 9ers are a heavy run first team so loading up on these receivers has me scratching my head. my only guess is adding depth in case of injury.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
we ended up using 3 picks on corners tho (4 if u include jimmie ward)

how many corners do y'all want? lol
my main concern there is none of them could be immediate starters, besides ward...and even ward is questionable.

could be an awkward situation if couple of corners catch injuries, and none of our backups are ready to come in and play well

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
even with all of these weapons i feel like roman is gonna fukk it up somehow.

i'm on the fence about the pick. i really like ellington and happy the 9ers got him, but there were good players left at that slot that would have really helped fill a need for this season. besides, the 9ers are a heavy run first team so loading up on these receivers has me scratching my head. my only guess is adding depth in case of injury.
harbaugh wants more 3 wide, problem is can roman run that type of offense? the guy doesnt even design pass plays

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my main concern there is none of them could be immediate starters, besides ward...and even ward is questionable.

could be an awkward situation if couple of corners catch injuries, and none of our backups are ready to come in and play well

maybe but at the same time you never know who will step up when an opportunity presents itself. look at tramaine brock. he was the 4th CB at the beginning of last season and he ended up being the best CB on the team in 2013. who saw that coming?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
maybe but at the same time you never know who will step up when an opportunity presents itself. look at tramaine brock. he was the 4th CB at the beginning of last season and he ended up being the best CB on the team in 2013. who saw that coming?

true, but it took brock a few seasons to learn the system. he was awful before ( I hated him lol), and he was responsible for manningham TD in the Giants game, when Eli aimed for him when Brown was forced to leave