A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
true, but it took brock a few seasons to learn the system. he was awful before ( I hated him lol), and he was responsible for manningham TD in the Giants game, when Eli aimed for him when Brown was forced to leave

why u gotta bring up old stuff? lol :heh:

but brock has come a long way since then. again, u never know who will or won't step up when the chance comes along until it happens

as far as the secondary goes, the biggest question mark in my mind is cully and how he comes back from a torn acl. the FO has put a lot of faith in him and we'll see if that faith will be rewarded or not

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
why u gotta bring up old stuff? lol :heh:

but brock has come a long way since then. again, u never know who will or won't step up when the chance comes along until it happens

as far as the secondary goes, the biggest question mark in my mind is cully and how he comes back from a torn acl. the FO has put a lot of faith in him and we'll see if that faith will be rewarded or not
thats the thing tho, we are thin at corner. cully is after a huge injury and already facing scrutiny for his gay remarks and that assault. Im not very confident with these two our starters tbh. cox and wright somewhat make me think we should be ok, but immediate depth is a concern.

literally every corner we chose in the draft is a raw project.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats the thing tho, we are thin at corner. cully is after a huge injury and already facing scrutiny for his gay remarks and that assault. Im not very confident with these two our starters tbh. cox and wright somewhat make me think we should be ok, but immediate depth is a concern.

literally every corner we chose in the draft is a raw project.

i think that depends on which cully we're getting imo

if it's cully pre-justin smith injury, we should be fine. if it's cully post-justin smith injury, we're in trouble

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i dont understand this comparison
I dont either, cully was always susceptible to deep balls (no homo) if thats what hes referring to. NE and BAL just magnified that weakness.

shyt cully was shat on like 3 times in the 2012 jets game and only mark sanchez bum ass made those burns disappear from the statsheet

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont understand this comparison

my point was that cully was having a good 2012 season until justin smith got hurt. after that, his play (along with the rest of the defense) fell off a cliff

obviously justin being injured didn't have everything to do with cully's struggles but it was a factor imo

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my point was that cully was having a good 2012 season until justin smith got hurt. after that, his play (along with the rest of the defense) fell off a cliff

obviously justin being injured didn't have everything to do with cully's struggles but it was a factor imo
i think it was from a combo of lack of depth and the defense just tiring out
having both justin and aldon hurt was huge

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think it was from a combo of lack of depth and the defense just tiring out
having both justin and aldon hurt was huge

yeah i forgot that aldon tore his labrum around that same time. the pass rush took a major hit with those 2 hurt and no depth

Daps
Ill just miss the atmosphere...it was a dump but it was a fukking battlefield dump.
miss the preseason games where dudes would burn mad trees in certain sections after 3rd quarter :pachaha:
miss the gamedays and walking down to the park with that view.

I think it will be radically different in SC to begin with, a lot more suits.

That view felt like I made it to the mecca, being on the water like that. That big ass hill/mountain next to the stadium that i`ve seen on TV my whole life.

The stadium truly was some low level college shyt though. 1 big screen, shyt was tiny too and if you were in the opposite endzone like i was, you were fukked.

Damn man, season can't come quick enough

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aldon's due in court later today and the word is that a plea agreement might be in play. stay tuned...

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Interesting, it helps that he pleaded no contest. Ultimately I wouldn't be too worried. I don't think he sees jail time. However,sentencing is on July 25th so we'll see.

Is Culliver going to be suspended.