A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why?

He needs to prove he can do it

He is surrounded by play makers now

he is surrounded by playmakers, which means that kaep is on track to have his best year yet

it's better to pay him now than later because he will only get more expensive from here on out, barring injury. jed/baalke/harbs know this and that's why they are all on board for an extension

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
he is surrounded by playmakers, which means that kaep is on track to have his best year yet

it's better to pay him now than later because he will only get more expensive from here on out, barring injury. jed/baalke/harbs know this and that's why they are all on board for an extension

:mjlol:

he was already talking about 20m per yr

he aint going higher then that

make him prove he is good

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

he was already talking about 20m per yr

he aint going higher then that

make him prove he is good

if he pulls a flacco and wins a SB in a contract year his asking price will be higher than what it is now

again, it's better to pay him now than later. i can already tell that some of y'all are gonna be very upset this summer :heh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
if he pulls a flacco and wins a SB in a contract year his asking price will be higher than what it is now

again, it's better to pay him now than later. i can already tell that some of y'all are gonna be very upset this summer :heh:

Totally agree. Do it now before we get fukked over.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

it wont be higher than an extra 5m on top of 20m, max

if we wont pay him this year and franchise him the next :manny: that extra 5m over say 5 years will be pretty much the same money we'll save these two years. but we'll know better what to expect of him with tons of weapons.

and if we win a SB in the meantime :manny: I wont care as much that we'll be fukked over a bit in the future.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_n5qs8zMtzA1qml36ro1_1280.jpg

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

He can't ask for more then that

The top guys don't even make 20m a year

Daps

He can't ask for more then that

The top guys don't even make 20m a year

Remember though this is a guy who said he was willing to work with the team in terms of his contract so as to help sign other players, than the figure he came back wil was 18m.

It's safe to assume his ego tells him to shoot for the stars with this deal, i wouldn't be shocked if he asked for 20m or more.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I wonder what our receiver core looks like, realistically

obviously Big Q, Crabs, Stevie are locks

it gets muddy after. people keep saying lloyd wont make the team but I think him being motivated is a big deal, and he will make the squad.

so we'll have Patton, Lloyd, Ellington, Baldwin, Osgood

they really like osgood for ST, but I dont know...too many WRs on a run-first team. I mean, nonsense to carry 8 imo

baldwin will likely get cut. thats still 7 WRs, prolly one spot too many.

in general, the ellington pick is kinda curious- he seems to be similar to patton, jenkins, etc. at least he can return kicks :manny:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I only been there once. but it was a magical feeling man.

This place reminds me of some euro soccer stadium or something.

Bow's TD return int to close that stadium will always be near and dear to my heart
Ill just miss the atmosphere...it was a dump but it was a fukking battlefield dump.
miss the preseason games where dudes would burn mad trees in certain sections after 3rd quarter :pachaha:
miss the gamedays and walking down to the park with that view.

I think it will be radically different in SC to begin with, a lot more suits.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder what our receiver core looks like, realistically

obviously Big Q, Crabs, Stevie are locks

it gets muddy after. people keep saying lloyd wont make the team but I think him being motivated is a big deal, and he will make the squad.

so we'll have Patton, Lloyd, Ellington, Baldwin, Osgood

they really like osgood for ST, but I dont know...too many WRs on a run-first team. I mean, nonsense to carry 8 imo

baldwin will likely get cut. thats still 7 WRs, prolly one spot too many.

in general, the ellington pick is kinda curious- he seems to be similar to patton, jenkins, etc. at least he can return kicks :manny:
before the draft i would of said osgood is too good on special teams to get rid of but

they didnt draft ellington to get rid of him

baldwin and lloyd are goners for sure unless there willing to release patton which i would say is way too early for that

this might be a run first team but there gonna be in 3 wrs way more this season