A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Daps
I doubt that happens, I actually think most picks will be on defense, at least the early ones. if whitner los and brown all walk we definitely going DB again in early rounds. if boldin walks we'll get 1 WR in early rounds...but thats it imo. doubt a RB will be chosen anywhere in the first 5 rounds seeing how we have Frankie, Lattimore Hunter LMJ and Boobie

To me Frank's probably done.

LMJ and Kendall are nothing special

Dixon is a ST guy

Lattimore is a question mark.

I agree with you it's not what we will do, it's what I want us to do though. This league is so for the offense, build the fukking offense. Give a great talent, great weapons all around and see what happens.

I`d like to see us keep Brown on defense though, Whitner can go as we can draft his replacement. Boldin is questionable, i think he`ll want one final payoff, and he`ll get it elsewhere.

Either use them picks to trade up and get another WR, or just get a plethora. I`m tired of the offense coming up short.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I cant agree that Gore is done. he isnt done at all imo. hes never been a speed back.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kendall is better than folk give him credit for. He should have been given a larger load earlier. LMJ is a liability.

Daps
Kendall is better than folk give him credit for. He should have been given a larger load earlier. LMJ is a liability.

Kendall was very good before the injury.

He just hasn't been nowhere near the same since, maybe he gets back to form in 2014.

LMJ can go eat a cheese steak and get the fukk outta her for all i care

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if anything gores 6 mil cap hit is what gets him cut, it ends for everybody at some point. nobody even expect frank to last more then a couple of years in the nfl after those 2 knee injuries in college
a great career

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
if anything gores 6 mil cap hit is what gets him cut, it ends for everybody at some point. nobody even expect frank to last more then a couple of years in the nfl after those 2 knee injuries in college
a great career
he can get cut, but no one finna give him that money after. Im pretty sure he'll stay with us

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Probably done, he can't keep doing this shyt forever.

Gonna be 31, that's like life support years for a RB.
Ill just go ahead and disagree
he might not be starter material in a year or so (or maybe even now), but hes a back you want on your squad, at the very least on third downs for blocking

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Gore will end up restructuring his contract and come back. If he doesn't, he'll get cut. It's not the ideal way, but it's the business of football. If he comes back, he'll end up splitting carries with Lattimore.

I don't know what will happen with Hunter (last year of his contract) or LMJ. They'll probably keep the status quo, and end up letting Hunter and Gore go next offseason and go with Lattimore and LMJ as the backs and then draft a back or go with Jewel Hampton as the 3rd back...but that's a ways away.

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
Gore is far from done if you rewatch all the playoff games his vision is still elite which has always been what hes been known for .. he still seeing all the holes but the biggest problem were having is that our OL is slightly over rated especially AD ..we dont run alot of zone blocking plays but when we do run them and there s a lane pay attention to AD dude isn't nimble enough to hold his blocks and Defenses have figure out the weakness to our running game is to penetrate the gaps by the time Frank or even Hunter get the hole its closed ..Dudes vision alone and the fact that he doesnt take alot of punishment can buy him a couple more years he just needs to restructure.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Gore is far from done if you rewatch all the playoff games his vision is still elite which has always been what hes been known for .. he still seeing all the holes but the biggest problem were having is that our OL is slightly over rated especially AD ..we dont run alot of zone blocking plays but when we do run them and there s a lane pay attention to AD dude isn't nimble enough to hold his blocks and Defenses have figure out the weakness to our running game is to penetrate the gaps by the time Frank or even Hunter get the hole its closed ..Dudes vision alone and the fact that he doesnt take alot of punishment can buy him a couple more years he just needs to restructure.
yeah AD is infuriating sometimes, especially since we're overpaying him...just way too inconsistent. shyt we could prolly have had boone play RT for a fraction of that money.
the OL had a down year in general, staley has been the only guy whos been rock solid all year

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Gore will end up restructuring his contract and come back. If he doesn't, he'll get cut. It's not the ideal way, but it's the business of football. If he comes back, he'll end up splitting carries with Lattimore.
yeah Im not arguing that...I just dont see another team giving him that kind of money. I think at this point Frankie wants a ring...we are one of the best team to be on for chance to contend.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
yeah Im not arguing that...I just dont see another team giving him that kind of money. I think at this point Frankie wants a ring...we are one of the best team to be on for chance to contend.
Yeah, nobody is gonna give him $6 million. I think the only back slated to make more than him next year is Deangelo Williams in Carolina (or it might be the only back his age).

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Kaepernick: Next contract must strike a balance

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick wants to strike a balance with his next contract of being fairly compensated while also allowing the 49ers enough flexibility to assemble a strong roster around him.

At the conclusion of his third season, Kaepernick and the 49ers are allowed for the first time this offseason to begin working on a contract extension. Kaepernick enters the final year of his original four-year contract scheduled to make $1.073 million in salary and bonuses.

“I think it’s a balance,” Kaepernick said Thursday morning during an appearance on San Francisco radio station KNBR while attending the week of activities leading up to Super Bowl XLVIII. “You want to be paid fairly for what you feel like you’re doing in comparison to your peers. But at the same time, you have to realize that if we want to get Anquan Boldin back, if we want Donte Whitner to come back, we’re going to have to make moves to get them back and there has to be room for everyone.

“And that’s something that I’m going to let my agent and the organization try to figure out. But, hopefully, it’s a (situation) where we can assemble the best team that we need.”

[RELATED: A look at the 49ers' 2014 cap situation]

Kaepernick said his offseason will focus on getting better, not his contract situation. He is scheduled to begin his offseason workout program on Monday in Miami, he said. Kaepernick said he will work out at a training facility Frank Gore and Boldin recommended.

“To me, I’m trying to focus on what I need to do to get ready for next season and improve myself so I can help improve this offense and ultimately help win the Super Bowl,” Kaepernick said.

Kaepernick said he will work on his all-around game -- not just his skills as a pocket passer.

“I think pocket passing is something that’s overlooked as far as what I do,” Kaepernick said. “I think people see me running around and they see me throwing on the run. They see me running down field and that’s just what he does.

“When you step up in the pocket and make a normal throw, it gets overlooked because you’re not running around. To me, it’s something, yes, you want to get better at that. I want to get better at throwing on the run, going through progressions quicker, I want to get better at everything. But I don’t think that (pocket passing) specifically is being addressed.”