A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Daps
Yeah this is true. I don't know shyt about ward either, I'll just have to trust the front office on that one.

This time of year almost everyone knows about every player.

So much faking and frontin, got a dude texting in group text last night analyzing every pick and he don't even watch college football. Says he watched tape on everyone.

As a 49ers fan, these last 3 years being so close to getting to/winning a title, the draft really lacks the big feel it used to when we sucked.

I`ll enjoy checking out our 2nd and 3rd round choices more since we got multiple

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
This time of year almost everyone knows about every player.

So much faking and frontin, got a dude texting in group text last night analyzing every pick and he don't even watch college football. Says he watched tape on everyone.

As a 49ers fan, these last 3 years being so close to getting to/winning a title, the draft really lacks the big feel it used to when we sucked.

I`ll enjoy checking out our 2nd and 3rd round choices more since we got multiple

To be honest I try to watch some players but of course the depth of my knowledge is mostly youtube and stats based on what we need. I watch a lot of sec and Pac 12 football but beyond that I can't pretend to know anything. Even then I can't front like I'm an expert. I DO agree that today will be where the value is for us. But yeah man it kills me when all of these experts pop up and don't really know shyt @yseJ knows his stuff though. He had a good analysis on ward I thought.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
To be honest I try to watch some players but of course the depth of my knowledge is mostly youtube and stats based on what we need. I watch a lot of sec and Pac 12 football but beyond that I can't pretend to know anything. Even then I can't front like I'm an expert. I DO agree that today will be where the value is for us. But yeah man it kills me when all of these experts pop up and don't really know shyt @yseJ knows his stuff though. He had a good analysis on ward I thought.
hey I wont pretend like I watched more than 4-5 'tapes' on each guy :manny: at the end of the day Im no college football expert, I have my likes and dislikes and Im gonna be wrong on many players since a lot of times 4-5 games is obviously extremely small sample size for a growing football player. it is what it is

Daps
hey I wont pretend like I watched more than 4-5 'tapes' on each guy :manny: at the end of the day Im no college football expert, I have my likes and dislikes and Im gonna be wrong on many players since a lot of times 4-5 games is obviously extremely small sample size for a growing football player. it is what it is

Hey Trent Baalke watched a lot of film on Aj Jenkins

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Hey Trent Baalke watched a lot of film on Aj Jenkins
for whats is worth the jenkins pick was the one I questioned the most right after it happened, lol
he might have watched film, but Im not sure what he saw on it

but I said then Id blindly trust baalke. well that was a bust and after that no more blind trust.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

That's much more than the average person tho. A lot of the stuff you've said as far as player analysis has been spotted on.

for whats is worth the jenkins pick was the one I questioned the most right after it happened, lol

but I said then Id blindly trust baalke. well that was a bust and after that no more blind trust.

I think most people questioned that pic. His skillset didn't really mesh well with our offensive philosophy I thought.

Daps

Yeah, my post was just kinda pointing out how a lot of times, it's a fukking crapshoot for these guys.

I was listening to the radio and they were talking about an article that examined draft consistency in GM's and how their practically isn't any. They`re just guessing.

The best thing they can do is work trades.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yeah, my post was just kinda pointing out how a lot of times, it's a fukking crapshoot for these guys.

I was listening to the radio and they were talking about an article that examined draft consistency in GM's and how their practically isn't any. They`re just guessing.

The best thing they can do is work trades.
pesonally I think its more than just guessing. but yeah a lot of times you can overthink stuff, plus the sure-fire prospect can turn out to be a bust, sure this happens.

nfl draft is still not as much a crapshoot as say, baseball draft.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
some predictions for today: I fully expect us to trade up once in 2nd and make a lot of trades within the third

after getting ward, I think our next two picks will be WR or OG/C and a CB.
depending on who the FO thinks will be let go, crabs or iupati, imo we draft that next, along with a CB

then after those two picks we can address depth- OG/C or WR (depending who we picked before), OLB
then ILB, RB, QB, and any other depth positions for later days

so basically I think our next 4 picks will be WR, CB, OG/C and OLB/DE