A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I hope you right.
Id prefer verrett myself :manny: but this pick at least I still understand what theyre trying to do. I was kinda losing it watching all these dudes go before our pick on my phone on way to the crib

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Id prefer verrett myself :manny: but this pick at least I still understand what theyre trying to do. I was kinda losing it watching all these dudes go before our pick on my phone on way to the crib

my thing is....with all these fukkin pics we got do something with em!!!!!!

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
u forget iputati and davis?

He was in charge of the draft that year but he wasn't the GM IIRC. And both Iupati and Davis were looked like good picks. Since 11' we always pick guys no one saw coming that early :manny:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i'm on the fence about ward because i havent seen any of his games so i cant make a call on him, but balkee and his staff have been good with drafting defense so i trust their judgement. i guess i can just wait and see what he can do.
Happens every year it seems. He's 2 out of 3 in the first round though (Aldon, AJ, Reid) :ehh:

to be fair, aldon and reid were playing for schools that got a lot of coverage while AJ was a big question mark who ended up being a terrible pick. but like i said, i wil wait to see how he performs before judging. i trust balkee and harbaugh tho so i'm sure ward will be a beast.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm upset they didn't move up for Dennard or a WR BUT Ward is a good player. I think he'll do well for us.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
but if we had to give up one of the seconds I'm good with ward its still a deep class of receivers so hopefully we can grab one with one of the seconds
like others I dont get why didnt we give up a 3rd or 4th for verrett or dennard...we cant keep all the picks anyway.

ward while versatile, still very raw and one thing is it that his coverage is spotty.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like others I dont get why didnt we give up a 3rd or 4th for verrett or dennard...we cant keep all the picks anyway.

ward while versatile, still very raw and one thing is it that his coverage is spotty.

most likely they wanted a second

with this second round the niners got 3 third rounders to play with