A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
He's a FS though? :wtf:
hes versatile

I quoted myself in the draft thread, here let me do it again :heh:

I watched a good amount of db tape (even before we threw whitner to the wolves) and these guys seemed like a good fit to me:

jimmie ward SS. kinda smallish and still raw-ish for a SS. upside is that he can play slot corner, ss, fs and is generally versatile, and our staff loves this versatility. I think he can be had in very late 1st (slight reach) or somewhere at top-mid of 2nd
jason verett CB. again size might be a turnoff but he tackles very well for a kid his size and makes efforts to get off blocks. has hunger in his eyes similar to mathieu. I think we'll probably have to trade up to get him.

sidenote: marcus roberson CB is intriguing because he has best athletic cover corner ability. plays the ball extremely well for pass breakups. the bad he sucks off the ball, gives little effort to get off blocks and is weak in the run game plus his speed is questionable so he gets behind a lot (and then makes great pass breakups lol). doesnt sound like someone the staff would want, but I mention him anyway because I feel like his skillset in pass defending is the strongest Ive seen in this class.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Thought the Buchanon pick was a panic move after the Jets took Pryor. I like Ward for the Niners.