A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
how did hunter take a step ? if anything he was severaly underused. remember he scored a td in colts game and gore had like 100 yards in first half ? then both backs got like 5 carries combined the second half

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont see the niners trading up near 10 or 11, it would just cost too much

if they get a wr in the first round it will be somewhere between 19-30, most likely lee or cook

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can see us taking a RB at some point in day 3. we've drafted a RB every year since 2009. no reason to think that change this time around

as far as tonight, i've narrowed it down to 3 guys. my prediction is that baalke will go hard for odell beckham. if beckham is gone, he'll settle for brandin cooks. my dark horse is kyle fuller if we go CB

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how did hunter take a step ? if anything he was severaly underused. remember he scored a td in colts game and gore had like 100 yards in first half ? then both backs got like 5 carries combined the second half
hunter didnt take a step back, i just dont see him as a potential starter. if anything by limiting hunters workload they overwhelmed frank which was stupid on their part

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can see us taking a RB at some point in day 3. we've drafted a RB every year since 2009. no reason to think that change this time around

as far as tonight, i've narrowed it down to 3 guys. my prediction is that baalke will go hard for odell beckham. if beckham is gone, he'll settle for brandin cooks. my dark horse is kyle fuller if we go CB
the great thing about the devaluing of rbs is that your going to get quality beyond the second round. i think it will cost too much to get beckham

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
the great thing about the devaluing of rbs is that your going to get quality beyond the second round. i think it will cost too much to get beckham
It depends on how the draft unfolds; If Mack goes #1 overall, then I can see Beckham dropping to the upper middle of the first round.
I know we're rumored to be trade partners with Baltimore (for obvious reasons) but I think if we want Beckham we'd have to trade either with the Rams at 13 or above them.
I think if Beckham is there at 13 the Rams will take him...especially if they've successfully traded out of the 2nd pick.

I think our backup option is Cooks...and he should be there at 17.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends on how the draft unfolds; If Mack goes #1 overall, then I can see Beckham dropping to the upper middle of the first round.
I know we're rumored to be trade partners with Baltimore (for obvious reasons) but I think if we want Beckham we'd have to trade either with the Rams at 13 or above them.
I think if Beckham is there at 13 the Rams will take him...especially if they've successfully traded out of the 2nd pick.

I think our backup option is Cooks...and he should be there at 17.

i doubt the rams would take another WR under 6 feet after drafting tavon austin and stedman bailey last year

if anyone is gonna go after beckham it's the jets. there's been talk that he's their main target and they've been talking to the titans about a trade up to 11. and baalke's not the type to get into a bidding war so unless beckham is there at 17, i think cooks will be the guy

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
i doubt the rams would take another WR under 6 feet after drafting tavon austin and stedman bailey last year

if anyone is gonna go after beckham it's the jets. there's been talk that he's their main target and they've been talking to the titans about a trade up to 11. and baalke's not the type to get into a bidding war so unless beckham is there at 17, i think cooks will be the guy
Beckham won't make it to 17; The Jets will trade up to get him because they'll get paranoid somebody else is going to snatch him up.

I think Cooks will be who we go after...unless we shock everybody and take a corner in the first.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This will be Gore's last year, but he's not going to retire. He's had over 3500 yards rushing these last 3 years. If he gets between 1100 - 1200 yards again this year, somebody will pay for that production...it just won't be us.

Gore has stated he was willing to take paycuts to stay on the team but the organization is not going ask him out of respect (he's been underpaid his whole career relative to similarly productive backs). 2nd off most of the money we're paying him is not guaranteed. We have have him for dead cheap and once this year is up I think that's it . Dude has made abour 25 milly throughout his career and seems to be the type to live modesty, once this contract ends, he will take market value and maybe a little more to stay in red and gold. He will likely retire a 9er.

The problem with Kendall Hunter and Lamichael James is that they suck at blocking. If Hunter can become just adequate, he'll get the carries he's looking for.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
9ers fans what are your thoughts on your new stadium? From the pictures I saw it looked weird to me.