A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't expect Hart to be a star but more of a high level 3 and D guy which is perfect to have around Lebron. That and the way he was cutting and attacking the basket in summer league would've been a perfect fit. He's done none of that. After the hot start his shot as been broke, is D extremely inconsistent and mostly bad and he's not even driving that much. He's just flat out looked bad. At least the others have had consistent sparks.

Hart has had a few amazing games and a lot of stinkers. He looked like he had next after summer league but his 3pt shot disappeared somewhere since then. I don't know what is wrong with him.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like everytime I watch the Lakers that Ingram post Bron injury has by far the most FT attempts and his percentage is always sub 60%. I don't even get it with that nicca. Lonzo shot is what it is so that makes sense but the Ingram thing is crazy to me.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This will define Magic’s latest Lakers tenure unless he has a major change of philosophy
Why? His plan was always get at least two max free agents and he said he needed last summer and this upcoming summer. He put a bunch of one year guys around Lebron and the young core and he’s holding his chips for a big trade. Up until Christmas we were exceeding expectations until Lebron got hurt. Magic is doing just fine. He seems to believe somebody is coming.

This was never supposed to be the year of contention. It’s the audition year. Let’s keep things in perspective.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I ain't feeling this. This team truly looked like they could compete with any team in the league with Lebron. Now they definitely shouldn't be this bad without Lebron but with him there I still believe this team can be contenders. Yes they could use more shooters and came into the season with too few shooters but I think Magic and Pelinka deserve a little more time before we start killing them. Let's see what happens at trade deadline and when buyouts start occurring to see the end product of the team.

I mean shyt even the Warriors struggled heavily without Steph and lost some bad games, any team losing their best player is going to struggle. Especially one this young without a second true star.
The Dubs don't have that much talent beyond Steph and Durant until Cousins comes back. The Lakers have more overall talent but they don't have anybody who can shoot consistently. Lance, Rondo and LeBron are their best three point shooters in that order. :heh:

The theme in their losses is being terrible from three and the line. Last night they were 7-34 from three and 16-27 from the line. Everyone likes to crush Luke, but shyt, what's he supposed to do in a league that's geared around shooting? Can't even tell guys to go to the rim because if they get fouled they're missing one of two each time. It's a catch-22 right now.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The Dubs don't have that much talent beyond Steph and Durant until Cousins comes back. The Lakers have more overall talent but they don't have anybody who can shoot consistently. Lance, Rondo and LeBron are their best three point shooters in that order. :heh:

The theme in their losses is being terrible from three and the line. Last night they were 7-34 from three and 16-27 from the line. Everyone likes to crush Luke, but shyt, what's he supposed to do in a league that's geared around shooting? Can't even tell guys to go to the rim because if they get fouled they're missing one of two each time. It's a catch-22 right now.
I agree with all this but I don't think anybody could've seen all the young guys shooting so much worse. I know the thought was that with Lebron it would lead to more even looks and likely a bump in everybody's shooting. Josh Hart shooting 5% worse from 3, 8% from Ingram, 7% for Kuzma, 3% from KCP. Lonzo is the only one who went up but he's still shooting 32%. If those first four guys were even shooting at last year's clip this would like like an entirely different team and the need for shooting would not be as pronounced. That's why I can't totally kill Magic and Pelinka yet. Who could've seen that drop off coming?

Last edited:

LastKING_BLU

last king killing ****
Daps
Reppin
westside

i dont agree with this. klay is more talented than all of our young core and livingston is skilled at what he does. lance, hart, kcp, and zo are mad inconsistent from 3. to me, the lakers are suffering thru growing pains and still trying to find everybody's role

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
I don't know why the Lakers haven't looked at getting a legit shooting coach for this team. I think they took the issue too lightly as if the young players will correct it themselves but it's not always that easy as we've seen.
I think Luke’s in charge of the structure of the coaching staff, and he’s shown that he can be very stubborn and slow to change. I hope Magic or Pelinka start applying pressure for him too hire one.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
i dont agree with this. klay is more talented than all of our young core and livingston is skilled at what he does. lance, hart, kcp, and zo are mad inconsistent from 3. to me, the lakers are suffering thru growing pains and still trying to find everybody's role
Klay hasn't been that good this season until his five or six game stretch lately. Easily the worst shooting of his career and he gets to play off two HOFers. Livingston's averaging 4.3 ppg; barely more than Chandler. :heh:

Most of that team is :huhldup: so far. Look at their roster again and compare it to LA's. It's not pretty outside Steph and KD.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Young guys' numbers in January:

Kuzma: 19.6/5.0/1.8 on 40.4%/26.5%/65.4% shooting :scusthov:
Ingram: 18.1/7.0/3.3 on 44.7%/66.7% (three total attempts)/62.2% shooting :scusthov:
Bust: 9.4/6.1/6.1 on 36.2%/37.1%/23.1% shooting :mjlol:
Hart: 8.6/7.6/2.4 on 28.8%/17.5%/78.6% shooting :mjlol:

That is fukking brutal.

BI with 18 and 7 on 45% isn't even that bad on the surface. He's had games where he was shooting 50%+ through the first 3 qtrs and shyts the bed in the 4th. Yesterday he was 8-14 which isn't bad. But he just doesn't seem able to take over games with his weak ass ISOs, and his FTs are fukking terrible which negates his ability to draw fouls. Never takes 3's. 18 is also a little underwhelming....you'd hope that without Bron he could get into the low 20s