A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't care about guys getting their numbers. Even when guys were scoring the same lack of focus was there in too many phases of the game. It's the lack of focus an attention to detail/execution. To me that is mainly a coaching thing.
As fast as the game was, holding them to 101 points on 42.7% shooting is not terrible. But we can’t score ourselves. We brick open shots and free throws and have to work too hard to get buckets in this (lack of) offensive system. To compound issues, our only chance at scoring is on fast breaks. All that running and resulting fatigue theoretically impacts shooting, defense, and decision making.

Clearly we miss having an efficient 27 points in our lineup (not to mention his playmaking and leadership), but it’s disappointing that LeBron has become a crutch so quickly.

All I know is you can’t fire the players and they did not hire the incumbent coach....

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I love Josh Hart but perhaps it's time to be real about him. He's had ample time to prove himself during this stretch and has not delivered consistently. Atleast the other 3 have shown something at different stages. Maybe he just is what he is...a good spark plug off the bench and not a starter. :yeshrug:
Yup he's by far been my biggest disappointment. I'm still holding out hope he's trying to play through injury which if that's the case they just need to bench his ass and give him time to recoup. Or hell assign him to the G league to rediscover his confidence. I really think it's time for a lineup change and that they need to take him out of the starting lineup for sure.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

I ain't feeling this. This team truly looked like they could compete with any team in the league with Lebron. Now they definitely shouldn't be this bad without Lebron but with him there I still believe this team can be contenders. Yes they could use more shooters and came into the season with too few shooters but I think Magic and Pelinka deserve a little more time before we start killing them. Let's see what happens at trade deadline and when buyouts start occurring to see the end product of the team.

I mean shyt even the Warriors struggled heavily without Steph and lost some bad games, any team losing their best player is going to struggle. Especially one this young without a second true star.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
As fast as the game was, holding them to 101 points on 42.7% shooting is not terrible. But we can’t score ourselves. We brick open shots and free throws and have to work too hard to get buckets in this (lack of) offensive system. To compound issues, our only chance at scoring is on fast breaks. All that running and resulting fatigue theoretically impacts shooting, defense, and decision making.

Clearly we miss having an efficient 27 points in our lineup (not to mention his playmaking and leadership), but it’s disappointing that LeBron has become a crutch so quickly.

All I know is you can’t fire the players and they did not hire the incumbent coach....
Show some how important Blo/Randle/IT3 were last year

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

I think part of the problem too is that we have learned that none of the big 3 young guys are true number 1 options. So with Lebron out we have guys not playing in their proper role. I think this stretch is teaching us that Ingram's best role is that of a secondary playmaker that can take advantage of another star attracting attention. Kuzma is better as a second/third option that also can take advantage of someone else attracting attention and attacking a rotating defense. Lonzo is just a confidence thing. It makes sense how he just randomly breaks out the athleticism and blows by his man but only does that one or two times a game instead of constantly attacking and creating openings. This Lebron-less stretch was a chance to really show the kind of player he can be and like usual was up and down with his energy and mentality.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
my biggest gripe with luke is his system on offense, this shyt is as almost as basic as high school basketball offense. also hes too hands off on player development, the team is struggling with shooting and free throws and not one shooting coach in his staff.

even phil and piece of shyt byron scott had a shooting coach in his staff (tracy murrary, chuck person, etc..)

at this point, i hope they lose to chicago tomorrow so we can something change. :francis:

a change of starting line up is a joke, we all know luke is just gonna repalce hart for kcp. shyt is not gonna move a needle. :hhh:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Lopez and Isaiah thomas loss ain't a big deal, they ain't bring shyt but bricked 3s, there's plenty of that to go around. Randle gone is a big deal though.

Last edited:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
The problem is that without Rondo and Lebron you are missing 2 very important floor generals....

Now guys have to do things which are outside of their skillset....

Well I wont comment on Walton as a coach too much because he has had to do lineup changes due to injury and illness...However I will be frank.....I think he is going to throw away games if y'all are in the playoffs.....

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of good looks in the fourth quarter last night. Open looks. Even the KCP hero shot. Hart has open looks from the perimter. Lonzo had an open three. Y’all just lack shooters. Y’all hit the contested threes and missed the open ones...

McGee ain’t the same.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Jeanie made a big mistake not bringing back Logo. I know she and Maglinka didn’t want too many chiefs but you can’t doubt that level of experience and track record.

Logo would’ve known right away who needed to stay and who needed to go.
Facts. Smh hes gonna have the clippers cooking soon if he can get Kawhi

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yup he's by far been my biggest disappointment. I'm still holding out hope he's trying to play through injury which if that's the case they just need to bench his ass and give him time to recoup. Or hell assign him to the G league to rediscover his confidence. I really think it's time for a lineup change and that they need to take him out of the starting lineup for sure.

Josh Hart is a role player so my expectations for him is not as high as the others. He has been awful though and played himself out of the starting line up. That line up change luke is hinting on is definitely for KCP back in the line up, honestly wouldn't change anything.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Josh Hart is a role player so my expectations for him is not as high as the others. He has been awful though and played himself out of the starting line up. That line up change luke is hinting on is definitely for KCP back in the line up, honestly wouldn't change anything.
I didn't expect Hart to be a star but more of a high level 3 and D guy which is perfect to have around Lebron. That and the way he was cutting and attacking the basket in summer league would've been a perfect fit. He's done none of that. After the hot start his shot as been broke, is D extremely inconsistent and mostly bad and he's not even driving that much. He's just flat out looked bad. At least the others have had consistent sparks.