A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
that defense out there last night, minus Jevale on the floor protecting the rim, was asscheeks.

tumblr_m10erncSRJ1qhjbxeo1_250.gif

Nah, there was other nice stuff outside of McGee. Guys played the passing lanes well and did a good job of disrupting the offensive flow here and there. Blazers were able to put enough together to win the game imo and they’ve been together long enough to do so.

Need to do a better job getting back out on the shooters but honestly it wasn’t THAT bad considering it was the first game with mostly new guys. We should make this assessment after Christmas frfr.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Lonzo was poor offensively but he seemed like he was deferring a lot with Rondo and Lebron out there with him.

Defensively he was sharp and his block on behind on CJ(I think it was CJ or Aminu) was nice. He does good stay on his man.

One thing that's a massive concern is going to be help defense. I saw a few times guys correctly force a guy direction into a spot that with a rim protector would be a miss, but there was just no one at the basket and it's instead an easy lay up. There was a lot of that. We got great perimeter defenders, but it's impossible in today's league to stay in front of guys with no help behind you. McGee is nice, but he can't play the minutes.

We really should have made a move for Richaun Holmes.

Is Ed Davis a free agent? Come back. :mjcry:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bron had good numbers but I don't think he played well, especially in the 2nd half.

Only guys that I can say played well were Hart and Rondo to an extent.

That's promising but at the same time it's hard to look at our 3 pt shooting last night and not think that can be the norm for us.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Also after Lonzo is done with his minutes restriction we need to get him into the starting lineup.

Same with Josh Hart. Especially Josh Hart. Man has dog in him and plays hard the entire time he's out there and with something to prove. I know it's cliche as fukk, but you can tell he wants to show everyone he's very much part of this young core and deserves recognition. He can honestly be a great two way player too and unlike Clarkson and others we've hyped up in the past, he's doing within the offense.

No reason to delay what our future lineup should look like. Let Rondo run with the 2nd unit and help get them open and let Lonzo run with the faster starting unit. Lonzo needs to hit his threes too and then we can actually space the floor with our starters.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Bron had good numbers but I don't think he played well, especially in the 2nd half.

Only guys that I can say played well were Hart and Rondo to an extent.

That's promising but at the same time it's hard to look at our 3 pt shooting last night and not think that can be the norm for us.

I don't think the three point shooting is that much of a concern. We were scoring fine. The only time it can be a problem is if we hit a drought like we did in the 4th multiple times. You can survive in games without three point shooting as long as you get those easy buckets at the rim consistently, which we did fine for 3 quarters. 4th was just sloppy for literally all our playmakers(Rondo/Lebron/Lonzo), they had careless turnovers.

Ingram also had a solid three quarter, we just need him to bring it like that in every quarter. He needs to stay aggressive.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the three point shooting is that much of a concern. We were scoring fine. The only time it can be a problem is if we hit a drought like we did in the 4th multiple times. You can survive in games without three point shooting as long as you get those easy buckets at the rim consistently, which we did fine for 3 quarters. 4th was just sloppy for literally all our playmakers(Rondo/Lebron/Lonzo), they had careless turnovers.

Ingram also had a solid three quarter, we just need him to bring it like that in every quarter. He needs to stay aggressive.

I hope you're right breh. Houston is gonna be bombing from 3s so i hope we can at least hit some cause no matter how many 2s you're making, you gotta make 3s to keep up.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I hope you're right breh. Houston is gonna be bombing from 3s so i hope we can at least hit some cause no matter how many 2s you're making, you gotta make 3s to keep up.

Houston looks horrific defensively. I know we not that bad.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I would sign Nick

I’m not sure how many other capable 3 and D guys are left.

Nicks a knucklehead but he can hit a damn shot and create his own, and defensive minded AND knows the Lakers offense.

Lance was a bad signing... we got too many people that can do the same shyt but not well enough

If Nick comes then KCP is at the bottom of the bench where he belongs.