A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
How come Lonzo never gets blamed for anything? Dude will have one or two good games every two weeks and nikkas act like he’s infallible. Ingram definitely doesn’t deserve the pitch forks more than him.

Zo gets ethered a lot on here. Ingram deserves the pitchforks because he was drafted literally right after Kobe retired. It’s been long enough for him to show something. You can’t be this frail still when Zo and Kuz coming through later on and showing gym results.

His development has been mishandled so far imo but with a serious offseason program things can be salvaged. Like @Gravity said, kill the point forward nonsense and have him focus on slashing, energy plays, and defense while developing a more potent offensive game. The point of the pitchforks though is that Ingram shouldn’t be this underdeveloped in year 3.

TrapParis

All Star
Daps
Is no one gonna mention that lonzo shooting worse then shaq from the freethrow line? :why:lonzo shooting 45% shaq shot 52% for his career lmao how sway???

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Hate to say it but at this point it seems like BI has nothing special to him. Other young players have flaws they need to work on that prevent them from being great players currently, and a lot of it is simple consistency. But they also have flashes of greatness or unique abilities that make them a great prospect and potential superstar. Lavine's otherworldly athleticism and fluidity of movement. Ayton's size and strength already as a 20 year old and balanced skillset. Mitchell's explosiveness and scoring ability.

What is that intriguing element of Ingram's game because frankly I'm not seeing it. He may get better and progress as he gets older and more experienced as all good players do (though even that seems in question in a stagnant year 3), but he just doesnt seem all that talented offensively. Sneaky good athleticism but doesnt use it often enough in meaningful ways, like a killer first step or ability to finish over/through people. That lil dribble move into a contested 2 ain't it. Must get stronger, obviously, transform his body. You cant point to stick figure KD because Ingram does not have that level of length, nor anything close to that skillset.

I agree with others that have said he should refocus on being a slasher, energy guy, less iso jumoshots, defense. Seems like he should be good at pick and roll, either role...maybe too frail to set good screens consistently. His point forward stuff is ok I guess. Its redundant with better playmakers on the teams and he doesnt generally seem to effect the game and get defenses in trouble with mismatches and smart ball movement the way other large playmakers are able to like lebron, Simmons, Jokic, even Doncac already.

Idk...Lonzo and Ingram are both pretty underwhelming this season. Neither one of them has shown much in the way of skillwork but at least Lonzo spent the summer in the weight room...

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hate to say it but at this point it seems like BI has nothing special to him. Other young players have flaws they need to work on that prevent them from being great players currently, and a lot of it is simple consistency. But they also have flashes of greatness or unique abilities that make them a great prospect and potential superstar. Lavine's otherworldly athleticism and fluidity of movement. Ayton's size and strength already as a 20 year old and balanced skillset. Mitchell's explosiveness and scoring ability.

What is that intriguing element of Ingram's game because frankly I'm not seeing it. He may get better and progress as he gets older and more experienced as all good players do (though even that seems in question in a stagnant year 3), but he just doesnt seem all that talented offensively. Sneaky good athleticism but doesnt use it often enough in meaningful ways, like a killer first step or ability to finish over/through people. That lil dribble move into a contested 2 ain't it. Must get stronger, obviously, transform his body. You cant point to stick figure KD because Ingram does not have that level of length, nor anything close to that skillset.

I agree with others that have said he should refocus on being a slasher, energy guy, less iso jumoshots, defense. Seems like he should be good at pick and roll, either role...maybe too frail to set good screens consistently.

Idk...Lonzo and Ingram are both pretty underwhelming this season. Neither one of them has shown much in the way of skillwork but at least Lonzo spent the summer in the weight room...

Says the guy who said Dragan Bender, Alex Len and Chriss weren't busts. As if your eye for talent is reliable :dead:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Says the guy who said Dragan Bender, Alex Len and Chriss weren't busts. As if your eye for talent is reliable :dead:
I said you cant call guys busts at 20 yrs old in year two. Common sense shyt. I think both Bender and Chriss unfortunately did not receive the best training and development from the beginning due to poor coaching staff decisions. That said as time has gone on it's become clear that neither of them is likely to turn it around and ever become a good NBA player. I was never super high on them like I am on Ayton, Jackson, Book obv. Hell I like Oubre more than I ever liked either of them, so you can apologize for that attempt at mischaracterization.

I've never been high on Len and I dont think I've ever defended him. That's two lies and two apologies you owe me.

My eye for talent will not be questioned :umadbook:

I mean we really dont need to run down the list of Laker scrubs that yall proclaimed as having next, do we Mr. Artesticles? Javaris Crittendon, anyone? fukkin Andrew Goudelock, Xavier Henry fukk outta here :laugh:

If BI is special then tell me how :Usurekid:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
FOH with not watching the game and you just throwing box score numbers at me. Most of those free throws came out of either fast breaks or isolations. Nobody on this team outside of Lebron is consistent enough of a player to be running so many isolations. When the team is struggling they need an offensive system to fall back on to generate good looks. Early in the game they were getting good looks but by the 4th quarter they were getting nothing out of their offense. No motions going towards the basket, not much cutting, not much weak side movement. That went a good 5 or 6 minute stretch in the 4th without any clean in rhythm looks through the offense which is where they lost the game. I think Luke is bad at halftime or in-game adjustments so the stuff that works early throughout the year eventually gets figured out and the offense dies off late.
You know why they stopped going to the basket? Because NO ONE could hit a free throw. Same reason LeBron usually doesn't go to the hoop in last second situations. They were scared to go to the line and in Ingram's case, even if he wasn't scared to go to the line (which he was), a slight breeze sends him flailing anyway. Nobody has worse body control going to the cup than him.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I said you cant call guys busts at 20 yrs old in year two. Common sense shyt. I think both Bender and Chriss unfortunately did not receive the best training and development from the beginning due to poor coaching staff decisions. That said as time has gone on it's become clear that neither of them is likely to turn it around and ever become a good NBA player. I was never super high on them like I am on Ayton, Jackson, Book obv. Hell I like Oubre more than I ever liked either of them, so you can apologize for that attempt at mischaracterization.

I've never been high on Len and I dont think I've ever defended him. That's two lies and two apologies you owe me.

I mean we really dont need to run down the list of Laker scrubs that yall proclaimed as having next, do we Mr. Artesticles? Javaris Crittendon, anyone? fukkin Andrew Goudelock, Xavier Henry fukk outta here :laugh:

I remember you saying including Alex Len in a Pau Gasol trade a few years ago was out of the question. :jbhmm:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Already a good/great defender as shown by our DRTG being so heavily impacted by his presence.

He's 3rd in the NBA in % from outside the paint to inside the 3 pt line therefore already has a deadly mid range jumper.

Has shown great playmaking skill despite this being a fairly new role for him. never was asked to be a playmaker prior to being in the NBA.

has shown he can get to the basket but is too frail to convert at a high clip. that's going to change when/if he gets stronger

I hope he does get traded so I can officially take my LWO card and burn it. I'm going where BI goes. :smugdraper:

BI is the only reason I even fukked with the team after Kobe's retirement.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Already a good/great defender as shown by our DRTG being so heavily impacted by his presence.

He's 3rd in the NBA in % from outside the paint to inside the 3 pt line therefore already has a deadly mid range jumper.

Has shown great playmaking skill despite this being a fairly new role for him. never was asked to be a playmaker prior to being in the NBA.

has shown he can get to the basket but is too frail to convert at a high clip. that's going to change when/if he gets stronger

I hope he does get traded so I can officially take my LWO card and burn it. I'm going where BI goes. :smugdraper:

LOL you believe that much in Brandon Ingram that you'll follow him wherever he goes? :dead:

Is this cause he punched Chris Paul?

Ima need a lank on that 3rd in the NBA claim :usure: I didnt know that.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL you believe that much in Brandon Ingram that you'll follow him wherever he goes? :dead:

Is this cause he punched Chris Paul?

Ima need a lank on that 3rd in the NBA claim :usure: I didnt know that.

I forgot where I saw it from but it's facts.

And yes, it's also because he punched CP0.

You just don't like him because he ho'd Harden

WillingCarelessDiplodocus-size_restricted.gif

Harden said owwwwwie

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

He’s third in the paint away from the restricted area (at the rim). That 3-10 foot range not midrange (10 feet to three point line).