A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Get outta here with this nonsense. They got tons of open looks tonight like usual but nobody could make a perimeter shot besides KCP.

Nothing heading to the cup? They shot 32 fukking free throws and are one of the top paint scoring teams in the league. :mindblown:

It's not Luke's fault nobody besides KCP and Kuz can hit free throws. Missed 13 tonight. That's unacceptable from the players.

Brehs don't watch the games I'm convinced.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Man Luke is cursed, it seems over the last few years every time the team is poised to make a run, some key injury just happens outta the blue. :francis:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Get outta here with this nonsense. They got tons of open looks tonight like usual but nobody could make a perimeter shot besides KCP.

Nothing heading to the cup? They shot 32 fukking free throws and are one of the top paint scoring teams in the league. :mindblown:

It's not Luke's fault nobody besides KCP and Kuz can hit free throws. Missed 13 tonight. That's unacceptable from the players.

Brehs don't watch the games I'm convinced.
FOH with not watching the game and you just throwing box score numbers at me. Most of those free throws came out of either fast breaks or isolations. Nobody on this team outside of Lebron is consistent enough of a player to be running so many isolations. When the team is struggling they need an offensive system to fall back on to generate good looks. Early in the game they were getting good looks but by the 4th quarter they were getting nothing out of their offense. No motions going towards the basket, not much cutting, not much weak side movement. That went a good 5 or 6 minute stretch in the 4th without any clean in rhythm looks through the offense which is where they lost the game. I think Luke is bad at halftime or in-game adjustments so the stuff that works early throughout the year eventually gets figured out and the offense dies off late.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
He only holla at Stack and overrated trainers. He been playing for the Lakers all this time and never reached out to Kobe. Kuzma already worked with him and surpassed that bum on offense. What makes you think he’d work with KD?

Ingram ain’t bout it fo real. He’ll get props on a good night cuz he doin what he’s supposed to do anyway. Let him get dragged through the mud when he lookin like some shyt since he hasn’t felt a need to fix his weaknesses after all these years in the NBA.

BI really isn't it tbh. I've been saying dude doesn't have that top gear nor first step like KD or Giannis.

I think dude could still be a solid player, but not some super star. Like Lonzo, definitely would not take 2nd overall.

What worries me the most is that lack of quick burst from Ingram. At this point you expect players in their 3rd year to be able to get easy buckets strictly off athleticism while their skill set rounds out. With Ingram he doesn't have that first step or the threat of a jumper to make driving easier so he rarely gets easy looks. That plus his lack of strength. He really needs to hit the weights this offseason.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Y’all have to keep in mind the Thunder are the best defense in the league. Ingram is not at that level where he can carry an offense singlehandedly like that in the clutch. He had a great game until the last 5 minutes. Personally, I took a lot of positives out of last night considering how many people were out. If healthy we can beat the Thunder in a dog fight. Every game we’ve had without Lebron has been winnable.

Don’t get swallowed up by the outside “championship or bust” noise and the haters. Every singular game does not require an overreaction (positively or negatively). When healthy this is a good team.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
:russ:You done a whole 180 on Ingram. Never thought I read this from YOU after that sucker punch. What happen to all that west side killa energy?:mjlit:

Ain’t no loyalty in this set...

I’m talkin bout him as a basketball player. Outside of that BI Baracus hold it down out chea. I want him to do well but it is what it is.

How did working out with Kobe help Tatum? Not much, looking at him.

They just need to adjust ingram's role. That point-forward shyt aint it. He needs to be a slash/energy and defense guy. With that frame he should flying all over the court like a gazelle.

I’m in agreement with that. The point forward shyt should just be a secondary skill set it’s redundant on this team. There’s more than enough playmakers between Bron and Zo alone.

Its for the best if he focused on scoring and defense.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Y’all have to keep in mind the Thunder are the best defense in the league. Ingram is not at that level where he can carry an offense singlehandedly like that in the clutch. He had a great game until the last 5 minutes. Personally, I took a lot of positives out of last night considering how many people were out. If healthy we can beat the Thunder in a dog fight. Every game we’ve had without Lebron has been winnable.

Don’t get swallowed up by the outside “championship or bust” noise and the haters. Every singular game does not require an overreaction (positively or negatively). When healthy this is a good team.
I don't think I've ever called for anybody to be traded. BI just worries me the most because he's the main one I just don't see his fit if this team were to contend. With Lebron in or out I don't want them to turn him into an iso player cause that'll never work with Lebron. I want to see the team running sets designed to get Ingram the ball closer to the basket where he can make a quick move or two and get his scores. That's why I'm frustrated in Luke cause to me Ingram should never even end up with the ball way out at the top of the key to iso. They should be setting picks for him in the paint that he can run off of and get the ball closer and work from there. That's something that will translate with or without Lebron. It's a waste to me to have him basically playing the Lebron role when he's currently not that player.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
LWO y'all slipping. How ain't there a thread on Chauncey saying Kobe is the most skilled ever and Pierce and Jalen saying they have no problem with saying that. Also feeling Jalen's point about Lebron calling himself the greatest is Lebron putting himself next to Jordan so the media will leapfrog him over the other greats that played the game in the all-time conversation.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't think I've ever called for anybody to be traded. BI just worries me the most because he's the main one I just don't see his fit if this team were to contend. With Lebron in or out I don't want them to turn him into an iso player cause that'll never work with Lebron. I want to see the team running sets designed to get Ingram the ball closer to the basket where he can make a quick move or two and get his scores. That's why I'm frustrated in Luke cause to me Ingram should never even end up with the ball way out at the top of the key to iso. They should be setting picks for him in the paint that he can run off of and get the ball closer and work from there. That's something that will translate with or without Lebron. It's a waste to me to have him basically playing the Lebron role when he's currently not that player.
It’s clear to me that that is the type of player Ingram wants to be and is encouraged to be. He has the playmaking ability and scoring potential to be a primary ball handler. He’s going to have to learn the hard way that he needs to refine the little things in his game and get his weight up. He needs reps and experience though.

I think he is still on the potential all-star developmental track. Maybe not a KD/Giannis/Kawhi level but a (pre injury) Hayward/PG/Butler level by year 5. We may not see the finished product on the Lakers though.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When fully healthy, Ingram doesn’t mesh with thestarters. He should consider the sixth man role but his ego and pride won’t allow it...

LA stardom has really gotten to him...

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Overall cool with the loss now. Any team missing their best player, and second best scorer as well as their top bench guy going against the best team in the league should lose. This one just inspires anger because of how winnable this game was late in the game.