A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hate to say it but at this point it seems like BI has nothing special to him. Other young players have flaws they need to work on that prevent them from being great players currently, and a lot of it is simple consistency. But they also have flashes of greatness or unique abilities that make them a great prospect and potential superstar. Lavine's otherworldly athleticism and fluidity of movement. Ayton's size and strength already as a 20 year old and balanced skillset. Mitchell's explosiveness and scoring ability.

What is that intriguing element of Ingram's game because frankly I'm not seeing it. He may get better and progress as he gets older and more experienced as all good players do (though even that seems in question in a stagnant year 3), but he just doesnt seem all that talented offensively. Sneaky good athleticism but doesnt use it often enough in meaningful ways, like a killer first step or ability to finish over/through people. That lil dribble move into a contested 2 ain't it. Must get stronger, obviously, transform his body. You cant point to stick figure KD because Ingram does not have that level of length, nor anything close to that skillset.

I agree with others that have said he should refocus on being a slasher, energy guy, less iso jumoshots, defense. Seems like he should be good at pick and roll, either role...maybe too frail to set good screens consistently. His point forward stuff is ok I guess. Its redundant with better playmakers on the teams and he doesnt generally seem to effect the game and get defenses in trouble with mismatches and smart ball movement the way other large playmakers are able to like lebron, Simmons, Jokic, even Doncac already.

Idk...Lonzo and Ingram are both pretty underwhelming this season. Neither one of them has shown much in the way of skillwork but at least Lonzo spent the summer in the weight room...
Ingram isn’t BAD at anything. He’s at least average on every category. It’s a good baseline. He wants to be an all around player. His outside shot and free throws are inconsistent but that’s not uncommon in young players. So I agree, he does not have a standout/signature skill. However, he does have elite height and length (7’3” wingspan).

If he was developing in Indiana or Portland the narrative on him would be different. He just has to keep working on his game, get his shot together, and get his grown man body. It doesn’t happen overnight.

As for Lonzo :yeshrug: he was hurt over the summer.

It’s nothing new. Until he has a summer or two to work on his game I doubt we will see the holes in his game improve.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
How come Lonzo never gets blamed for anything? Dude will have one or two good games every two weeks and nikkas act like he’s infallible. Ingram definitely doesn’t deserve the pitch forks more than him.
Because he has tons of stans, just look at the allstar voting lol.

I don't even think Ingram was bad until the end where he missed 6 shots which was very bad. He moved the ball all game and easily would have a triple double if we hit half our shots. Luke should have had Lonzo out there in the end so there could have been two ball handlers, once he took Lonzo out, you have Ingram and a bunch of guys who cant create their own shots.

The answer about free throws by Luke tells me everything I need to know.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
too much overreaction. BI was 7-14 in the first 3 qtrs and was playing good. Just isn't good enough to take over games in the 4th like that yet. He's had games where he's hit clutch shots as well so it just goes back to consistency. He was forcing a lot of shyt too, but without Bron and Kuz all the attention is on him. Time might be ticking though, he needs to have some breakout games by the end of the season.

We really should be 2-2 right now without Bron and Rondo which wouldn't be bad. But that fukking buzzer beater by cacdognivic got us at 1-3.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
How come Lonzo never gets blamed for anything? Dude will have one or two good games every two weeks and nikkas act like he’s infallible. Ingram definitely doesn’t deserve the pitch forks more than him.

i mean it was just a month ago that people were writing him off completely. People in the media would talk about the Lakers "young core" and mention BI/Kuz/Hart and not Zo. People have higher expectations of BI than Zo at the moment. Plus Zo has actually been playing more aggressively and attacking the rim more lately. Just shytty FTs and shot still not consistent. But him attacking the rim a lot now is a good sign.

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Hate to say it but at this point it seems like BI has nothing special to him. Other young players have flaws they need to work on that prevent them from being great players currently, and a lot of it is simple consistency. But they also have flashes of greatness or unique abilities that make them a great prospect and potential superstar. Lavine's otherworldly athleticism and fluidity of movement. Ayton's size and strength already as a 20 year old and balanced skillset. Mitchell's explosiveness and scoring ability.

What is that intriguing element of Ingram's game because frankly I'm not seeing it. He may get better and progress as he gets older and more experienced as all good players do (though even that seems in question in a stagnant year 3), but he just doesnt seem all that talented offensively. Sneaky good athleticism but doesnt use it often enough in meaningful ways, like a killer first step or ability to finish over/through people. That lil dribble move into a contested 2 ain't it. Must get stronger, obviously, transform his body. You cant point to stick figure KD because Ingram does not have that level of length, nor anything close to that skillset.

I agree with others that have said he should refocus on being a slasher, energy guy, less iso jumoshots, defense. Seems like he should be good at pick and roll, either role...maybe too frail to set good screens consistently. His point forward stuff is ok I guess. Its redundant with better playmakers on the teams and he doesnt generally seem to effect the game and get defenses in trouble with mismatches and smart ball movement the way other large playmakers are able to like lebron, Simmons, Jokic, even Doncac already.

Idk...Lonzo and Ingram are both pretty underwhelming this season. Neither one of them has shown much in the way of skillwork but at least Lonzo spent the summer in the weight room...
you can’t speak like that in here. You either hating or a lebron Stan that want to see him traded. I can admit I never watched a lot of Ingram. Watched some games last year cause I fukk with zo, other then that and this year I wasn’t to familiar with his game. I’m seeing the same thing you see. As I been watching him this year I don’t know what the fukk he supposed to be great at that make the couple guys in here love him so much. With his length and wingspan I believe he could be a really good player some day. But he got some work to do cause right now he ain’t great at not one part of the game. This play making point forward thing they doing with him is a terrible idea. I don’t know if it’s luke but they need to scrap that. He need to find his game.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Because he has tons of stans, just look at the allstar voting lol.

I don't even think Ingram was bad until the end where he missed 6 shots which was very bad. He moved the ball all game and easily would have a triple double if we hit half our shots. Luke should have had Lonzo out there in the end so there could have been two ball handlers, once he took Lonzo out, you have Ingram and a bunch of guys who cant create their own shots.

The answer about free throws by Luke tells me everything I need to know.
That was the dumbest shyt I've heard. YOu have a team that's the worst FT shooting team by a lot and he thinks it'll just fix itself. Lakers could probably have another 3-5 wins with improved FT shooting alone. Zo definitely needs a shooting coach to help him develop a routine and try to get some consistency out of his FT shooting.