A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Rondo is weird, there are some games where he's aggressive scoring the ball and games like last night where he made up his mind NOT to score AT ALL despite open looks. :why:

If he gonna be like that, might as well keep his ass on the bench and roll with the squad that was playing when he was hurt.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He will get better when he changes his mechanics. He’s one of the more offensively challenged starting point guards in the league. Asking Bron to give up the ball for the sake of his development is asking to lose games. I don’t think the same is true with Bron deferring to Ingram.
They can’t let him have a couple pick and rolls a game? He can’t call a play and run the offense at the top of the key? They wasn’t even using him as a screener as often as they have in the past month or so. He was mostly just spotting up in the corner.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I agree, him settling for 3’s is fukking retarded especially if they’re not falling.

But he was out of it this game

Like someone said earlier, people basically disappeared when he was having that good stretch, being basically a rookie grabbing triple doubles with Lebron, etc.
It wasnt a stretch, it was one game :stopitslime:

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think NO will ev
Rondo is weird, there are some games where he's aggressive scoring the ball and games like last night where he made up his mind NOT to score AT ALL despite open looks. :why:

If he gonna be like that, might as well keep his ass on the bench and roll with the squad that was playing when he was hurt.

Lonzo suffers that same mentality. These pass first for dudes are so annoying. Give me a scoring pg who can pass any day of the week over these guys.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Uhhhhhh they live a game away from leapfrogging into 4th place :dwillhuh: But he aint leading them tho :mjlol:
puXh4Yf.png
No one cares:mjlol:

Go hop in the Kings thread and dikkride them then fakkit

Daps
He will get better when he changes his mechanics. He’s one of the more offensively challenged starting point guards in the league. Asking Bron to give up the ball for the sake of his development is asking to lose games. I don’t think the same is true with Bron deferring to Ingram.
Like I told you before, while that may be true, the alternative [primarily used as a spot-up shooter] isn't going to put them in a better winning position - not in the short or long term.

You don't think it's better to have the ball in his hands where he can run the offense (use his strongest string: playmaking), capitalize on easy scoring opportunities (which come with handling the ball during defensive breakdowns), which will only empower him, help him get into a rhythm and build familiarity in the PnR (which will only help with his shooting), rather than being forced to score on isolated catch-and-shoot opportunities where he only hits at 29% from behind the arc?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This was a couple weeks ago and I don't know if it was posted yet, but this was a good clip :obama:

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
Like I told you before, while that may be true, the alternative [primarily used as a spot-up shooter] isn't going to put them in a better winning position - not in the short or long term.

You don't think it's better to have the ball in his hands where he can run the offense (use his strongest string: playmaking), capitalize on easy scoring opportunities (which come with handling the ball during defensive breakdowns), which will only empower him, help him get into a rhythm and build familiarity in the PnR (which will only help with his shooting), rather than being forced to score on isolated catch-and-shoot opportunities where he only hits at 29% from behind the arc?
This is very theoretical and doesn't sound like it's something that is based on reality. He gets lots of chances to initiate plays and when he is going they let him go but he is too inconsistent to ever become a great triple threat. At least now he is in an environment where he can learn a lot and copy from great playmakers. Your post seems to suggest that Lebron handles the ball 90% of the time when the true stat for that is a good 3.5 times below that number. In the long run and for the position that he is playing, he has to be a good shooting threat, not someone who misses 7 easy wide open corner 3pt baskets. Rondo was also out for a long time and Lonzo unfortunately didn't look like a number 2 pick- even Chalmers and JCole put up a better shift than him in a similar position.

His defence is elite and I think that he deserves to be on the 1st team all defence but you can't be a PG and shoot under 40% FG. Teams will play 4 on 5 all day

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

He can if he wants, he just chooses not to. This is no different than what he did last season. At some point, people just have to accept this is what he is.

Ingram gets plenty of opportunities to do what he wants; Kuzma too. Zo gets the ball but he still wants to hot potato it on the regular. We would all like to see him be more assertive but it's up to him to do that.